Tobacco Sticks

webfoot73

Guys, my Father-In-Law in PA is interested in purchasing between 300-500 used tobacco sticks or slats.

Would anyone point me in the right direction or if had some would be willing to sell.

He's gearing up for all the Fall craft fairs.

Thanks for any input.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It would really help you if you'd include your location in your profile. I know of several hundred in an old barn that could probably be bought, I just don't know if they're convenient to you......

ncboman

I know where there are numbers of them as well. I assume they could be bought but I've never asked.

What's he willing to pay for say 300?

webfoot73

Thanks LongRifle....updated the profile.

He told me that he would be willing to pay between 10 cents and 25 cents per stick .

He is trying to make a living doing craft fairs until he finds a job. Laid off after 32 years with one company .

Let me know if you guys are willing to part with some.

Harpoon

Do you know E.d Bla.ckley in Rolesville? I havent seen him in years, but he had over a thousand acres of mostly bacca, iirc.
I think he has or had some C Stores in that area.

If you dont have any luck on here, you might try running a CL WANTED ad for Vance or Granville County, near you.

Probably get some hits there, as many took the buyout for "bacca" and stopped or switched to another crop. If I run into farmers I know, now that hunting season is coming, I will ask around.

If you find a woven old basket for picked leafs, let me know...I will buy one.

Last edited:

partspimp

Old Mossy Horns
I once saw a boy in high school knocked over the head with one...let's say the stick faired better than his gourd....

Game On

Four Pointer
Not saying you can't buy them for that, but, I see them sell at local farm auctions for 65-85 cent a stick. That is fairly routine, here in tobacco country.

Game On

webfoot73

If that's what they go for then that's what they are....if anyone is interested is selling them for 50 or 75 cents let me kn ow.

Thanks guys for the info

webfoot73

Well, talked to him last night, and currently he is getting them for 40 cents a stick. Just thought being in tobacco country that he could get them cheaper. Still have to pay to have them shipped up .

Thanks again

paschal24

I know this is an old post but I live in Mount Airy NC and I am looking to purchase some tobacco sticks. If anyone is close within a couple hours of me that has some for sale please contact me. Thank you!

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
I know this is an old post but I live in Mount Airy NC and I am looking to purchase some tobacco sticks. If anyone is close within a couple hours of me that has some for sale please contact me. Thank you!

Not sure you can PM with one post..... Dad and I still have thousands.... How many do you want at 50cents each? email me at danappleinc@Hotmail.com or call me at 336-214-5475

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Women folk didn't want them bundled over 25 and since they did most of the stringing it was a good thing to keep the women folk happy. As Dan said we have a good supply.