Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Things discovered while scouting or hunting

Administrator Mike Noles aka conman's Avatar

Default Things discovered while scouting or hunting

In the 50 years or so that I've wandered the woods, I've run across what I thought to be just about everything. I've discovered old homesteads and all of the treasures they give up. I've found loads of Native American and Confederate artifacts. I've found every type of vehicle and farm equipment from new to antique. I've found almost every imaginable article of men's and women's clothing , and witnessed more than my share of "discreet meetings". I have found most forms "illegal" recreation being made or grown. I've even found a body in the hills of Arkansas . Most of my discoveries have been well off the beaten path as I tend to do serious walkabouts. Today, I found the dangedest thing yet. About 2 miles deep in a property that I've owned for ~ 6 years, I found a fully intact coconut!!! There's never been a homestead there and it was clear cut and reforested over 30 years ago. One road in and out and like I said, it was 2 miles from that road. This kind of thing is another of the hundreds of reasons that I love doing what I do to make a living .

><>
    www.conmans.net

www.yakingatconmans.com

Is there a creek that could have flooded and floated it in?

Administrator Mike Noles aka conman's Avatar

Nope. No river or creekbed within a mile or so.

><>
    www.conmans.net

www.yakingatconmans.com

thats odd.....

Best i have is an old Rambo type survival knife, AR 30rd mag full, old plow points, arrow heads and thats about it...

"You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

I was a zombie when zombies weren't cool!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !
    III%

Proud Member of the NRA

That is definitely strange...

I found an old Marlin bolt action .22 on my parents property right after they bought it. It hadn't been there too long though, maybe a month or so.
    Better overkill than underkill!!

Six Pointer

Somebody dropped a coconut bomb lol...

I've found all kinds of things to, never a dead body though. One of the coolest things was an old moonshine still.

I wonder if that coconut couldn't have been blown ashore in flooding from one of the hurricanes that came through your neck of the woods.

I remember finding a bowling ball in our front yard in Key West once following a big storm/flood. It came from the next door neighbor's backyard shed which had blown open during the night.

Old Mossy Horns

Found a Coleman canoe with food, .22 rifle, tacklebox, fishing rods with 6" of mosquito infested water in it. It was hung up on a river bend about 15 miles downstream of a powerplant dam. I contacted the three surrounding counties Sheriffs Offices and the TN Wildlife Resources Agencies for the areas. I actually expected a drowning but most likely a dam release washed it away while beached at a camp or stopping point somewhere. I made every effort to locate the owner but to no avail. No missing persons reported either.
    Dopeler Effect - When a stupid idea sounds smart coming at you fast!

Execute Lemaricus Davidson

Eight Pointer

I found a frozen possum and bobcat that had been fighting till death they were in a small frozen creek in Pa