"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jett

Ten Pointer
75 lb. Woof taken near Scotland Neck this past weekend.

attachment.php

BUT HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE????

From 50 CFR Part 17 1986 Rules for Red Wolf Program State:

"It is anticipated that, because of the size and habitat characteristics of the reintroduction area, animals will remain within the boundaries of the refuge and adjacent military lands. The public will be instructed to immediately report any observation of a red wolf off Federal lands to the refuge manager. The Service will then take appropriate actions to recapture and return the animal to the refuge".

"The Service will make every effort to keep red wolves on the refuge, but if an animal leaves the refuge / bombing range area, the Service intends to capture it and return it to captivity"

"The Service currently plans to limit releases to no more than 12 animals"

"Take of animals by the public will be discouraged by an extensive information and education program and by the assurance that all introduced animals will be radio-collared and, thus easy to locate if they leave the refuge. The public will be encouraged to cooperate with the Service in attempts to maintain the animals on the release site".

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
Provably not a true red woof. Look's like another bad case of heartworms. I heard there was one on the side of the road near Bath last week, more than likely heartworm attack. What's the number left now?

Jett

Ten Pointer
Yep, and how many coyotes did he breed on his little trip through eastern NC? I assume he had a team of USFWS biologists and vets following him to "adaptively manage" his mates' sex organs along the way.

attachment.php

I also assume USFWS biologists will be "den Hunting" throughout private land in eastern NC this spring in order to euthanize all the hybrid pups produced as Wheeler tells us is necessary in order to save this human engineered canine.

Last edited:

landowner rights

Yep, and how many coyotes did he breed on his little trip through eastern NC? I assume he had a team of USFWS biologists and vets following him to "adaptively manage" his mates' sex organs along the way.

attachment.php

I also assume USFWS biologists will be "den Hunting" throughout private land in eastern NC this spring in order to euthanize all the hybrid pups produced as Wheeler tells us is necessary in order to save this human engineered canine.

I'm sure this wolf didn't venture from the 5 county area after 32 million of our dollars have been spent to keep them within their boundaries.

This has to be one of the original wolves "No-wack" spoke of that existed all over our state. This must be the lone survivor. Maybe a DNA test is in order.

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
Maybe a DNA test is in order but who can you trust to do such test? If USFWS does the test can we trust the results???

Jett

Ten Pointer
Maybe a DNA test is in order but who can you trust to do such test? If USFWS does the test can we trust the results???

Let's just use the Nowak and USFWS phenotype method of identification:

From USFWS:
(please excuse the misinformation contained herein)

Are red wolves and coyotes the same species?

No, red wolves (Canis rufus) and coyotes (Canis latrans) are two separate species. However, they are closely related evolutionarily and do share a recent common ancestor (see Chambers et al. 2012 for full details). Red wolves are larger; measuring about five feet long nose to tail and weighing 45-80 pounds. Coyotes are approximately three feet in length, and weigh 25-35 pounds. These are averages, and there can be some size overlap between the species given individual variation.

75 lb. woof taken near Scotland Neck

attachment.php

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Mike Phillips (Retired USFWS Red Wolf Leader) allegedly violates "Published" Federal Rules by releasing Red Wolves with "Non-Functioning" 3M Capture Collars!!

25774c5b8f0d32c36c68ffc835f17446.jpg

d66d7a24a43133d637b324ba1cc03b24.jpg

12d3ffad8d8238a46649298c6efadb6b.jpg

f52a100c628324c2b16ce787b173937f.jpg

Harpoon

So how exactly does a "gift" get matched "dollar for dollar up to a total of $150,000" work?

Where did the matching $150,000 come from originally...other donations collected from another fundraiser meant for a specific use (then gets used as matching funds)?

Is that some kind of double tax break....?

I'm not following all this Wall Street high finance stuff....:confused:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Mike Phillips, USFWS Red Wolf Coordinator a "Showcase" and a "Skeleton Population"

"But I don't think this place [Alligator River NWR] will ever be anything more than a showcase"...

Mike Phillips, USFWS Red Wolf Field Coordinator

82df4797368e1515e11311812ad1eaee.jpg

6f3fd55aeff182a9d387b7ef323388c6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
VooDoo, Screw-Ups and Illegally Introduced & Invented Red Wolves

c2b0e5d46f2ae20178a3d74b344e32bb.jpg

In response to this announcement, Dr. Valerius Geist commented,

"Grasping for straws! And what a muddle to begin with. How much manpower will be required to keep track of “placeholders” and mating pairs? One biologist per red-wolf breeding pair? and are red wolves actually wolves?”

Tom Remington "Weighs In" on the Invented Red Wolf!!

d7f9b36712f9288f265247494b25de4f.jpg

a7732f0fabf8bd332d34a70157986537.jpg

98c585bb3598515a8b629fe1b7e97120.jpg

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Point Defiance Zoo... Had NO Idea "What" a Red Wolf was "Supposed" to Be!!

"I didn't have any idea what a Red Wolf was supposed to be." -- Dale Pedersen, Point Defiance Zoo Mammal Committee

919e0e947a89e5ed6eb6992b3f43c2a6.jpg

3ee8c168311065cb8be60ae5ea879707.jpg

Last edited:

newlake

Four Pointer
When reading the dramatized account of the bumbling attempt to capture the renegade "wolf" in Mann's Harbor, I can't help but think of it as an episode of the Keystone Cops.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Highly Respected Wolf Biologist David Mech - Red Wolves = Hybrids

You know the Quotes from the Wolf Biologist are the best!!!!

Wonder how Kim Wheeler and the Red Wolf Coalition feels about David Mech calling it like it is...

"Inevitably the red wolf would be found to be nothing more than a fertile cross between a gray wolves and a coyotes"!!!!

cfeb4dcf548d0fe545bad6f56473b4f3.jpg

9fbe839a9e8df3634e108919defe9843.jpg

758b7295d0e75424dcc4babb0524f1d1.jpg

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Red Wolf Coalition "Profits" off a "Hybrid" Red Wolf Puppy Mill...

04136a267764c9d588abd270f7e31ccf.jpg

Apparently there's a hybrid breeder market for "Hybrid" Red Wolves in "Virginia" that "Supports" the Red Wolf Coalition...

d0d89f4a81a44552203a162083a5a1c7.jpg

d8cdb546f9510791426e8c5d95e43c4e.jpg

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Eatin Puppies & Introducing PARVO!!!!

It appears the "Non-Native" and "Invasive" Hybrid Red Wolves that were introduced to the Pacific Northwest Point Defiance Zoo hybrid breeding program well beyond their "Historic" Range likely "Introduced" PARVO to the region!!!!!!

Given the below USFWS Technical Red Wolf Manual!!!! You can not make up lawlessness at the magnitude we continue to expose!!

b983f9adc8944b50d7c476b160393ac4.jpg

21f05f544e715c611e3b5ec2504198c4.jpg

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Virginia Hybrid Wolf Mill Supports Red Wolf Coalition!!

Does anyone know the connection between the Red Wolf Plantation (hybrid red wolf mill) and the Red Wolf Coalition??

I see they share the same logo, wonder what Mr. Hutts connection is and why they see the need to breed and sell hybrid red wolves when the Animal Welfare Institute, Red Wolf Coalition and Defenders of Wildlife support Adaptive "Pup" Management.

It's widely know the Adaptive Management team must dispatch (Kill) the hybrid puppies!! USFWS bulletin calls for FWS staff to use a club to dispatch the puppies!!

What a mess this enterprise this all is!! Who would ever support killing nursing puppies??

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Is Shooting a Red Wolf "Legal"??

The Red Wolf Coalition is at it again... Suppressing the "Facts"!!

They are 100% incorrect as if you "Kill" a Red Wolf and "thought" it was a Coyote and report it within 24 hours of the "lawful" take it is 100% legal!!!!! They purposely omit that fact!!

If you "intentionally" target what is "known" to be a Red Wolf that however is illegal.

All should know many "Coyotes" are fitted with tracking collars thus the presence of a tracking collar could therefor be in fact an indicator of a Coyote.

It's very notable that NO REPORTING is required by anyone for a red wolf that is shot outside the 5 County area!!

Those are the facts!!

Like any responsible hunter no one should set out in pursuit of a red wolf... However should you happen to shoot one in a case of mistaken identity that is 100% "Legal"!!!!

328b7d23eb8e09af29e6c599d15b3792.jpg

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Since they are Non-Native "NO" legal protection is extended to the North Carolina population of Red Wolves!! That is a fact, there is NO evidence that proves the Red Wolf ever existed in North or South Carolina, thus if it's NEVER been historically here it's humanly impossible for it to be endangered here!!

What a bunch of dip$hits!!!!!

Last edited:

Take 'em

Six Pointer
Sadly I expect if most of the "world's wolf experts" agree on the red wolf being a separate species it is because of the science of money and grants in their pockets. Once upon a time, "Peer Review" actually meant something, but unfortunately today it too often means "I'll pass your work, if you'll pass mine" so we can keep milking the old cash cow.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
America's Landmark "Hybrid" National Monument.... Ronald Nowak....

Take-Um to your exact point Ronald Nowak is quoted stating we NO LONGER have True Red Wolves, they are all wolf / coyote... Nowak goes on to say however "they should be preserved in the wild as a national monument"!!!!

Robert Wayne says they are a Hybrid / Intergrade however should be protected as they serve a niche in the ecosystem... Now I must say I've not spent too much time investigating the Red Wolf Fraud, but Robert Wayne I have a lot of respect for... Think about it, he was the guy the USFWS hired to determine what the Red Wolf was, subsequently his study and his honesty sent shockwaves through the Academia and Eco-Enterprising community.

I admire someone that will not bow to the Eco-Enterprisers!

Unfortunately for the Hybrid Red Wolf, it gets NO protection given the stated purpose of the ESA and today the Coyote fills the niche as the keystone predator!!!

Take 'em

Six Pointer
Think about what both these "respected scientists" are saying. We know they aren't truly a red wolf species, but are some sort of hybridized animal. They are not legally eligible for protection under the ESA, nevertheless we think they should be protected. Further we find it acceptable as scientists to introduce a man-made, human engineered apex predator into an ecosystem that had been functioning just fine without them. All the while passing this nonsense off as some acceptable form of management, USFWS tells lie after lie about keeping them on the refuge, removing them from private land, and using dart collars to insure they can recapture them easily. Sounds a whole lot like the EPA using the "Science of Global Warming" as justification for their destruction of the American economy. Science today will say whatever is needed to keep the money flowing, period, end of story, and will attack anyone who dares to disagree. They have zero credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.