Page 3 of 466 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: "Red Wolf" restoration scandal

I emailed the commissioners asking them to stop the FWS and to actively oppose the lawsuit on stopping the coyote hunting.
    "Standards are meant to be lowered" - Levi, May 29, 2012

Jett, found this ......might be worth checking into it and see what they could do for you. http://www.narlo.org/
    not sure they would do anything, but every bit helps. I did take a few minutes to compose and email and send it to Tom Miranda and Ted Nugent. I have added the text below, if each of us would send a couple of emails to people or groups who are in the outdoor industry, perhaps we could get this fiasco in the public spotlight and get this shutdown once and for all. email text below:

Good morning and I hope this email finds you well. I am contacting you on behalf of the sportsman of eastern NC and the disaster that is about to be unleashed upon us by the United State Fish and Wildlife service, Judge Terrence Boyle and several environmental groups. That disaster is the Red Wolf and its hybridization with Coyotes. This is leading these groups to seek an injunction seeking to end the ability of landowners in a 5 county area to control coyotes on their private property. I have attached a link to this email to this email that details one landowners struggles with the FWS and their unwillingness to do what they promised years ago. Please if you could, help us to bring this to the public light and to show how once again the lumbering behemoth that is the federal government is trampling the rights of eastern NC landowners. Thanks you for your time and hopefully Mr/Mrs. assistance with this matter.

http://www.nchuntandfish.com/forums/...ration-scandal

Sincerely,
    When we (man) experienced our fall from grace, God endowed the dog with all the properties initially intended for us...honesty, loyalty, nobility etc. and made the dog our best friend to be kept by our side so that we could see what strengths of character we could aspire to....but never quite achieve.....

I also just sent my representative and senator an email about this as well. Time to rattle the bushes over this one boys.......
    When we (man) experienced our fall from grace, God endowed the dog with all the properties initially intended for us...honesty, loyalty, nobility etc. and made the dog our best friend to be kept by our side so that we could see what strengths of character we could aspire to....but never quite achieve.....

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    Judge Terrence Boyle needs to be removed from the bench....that guys is a joke as far as a judge goes.........do a little research on his handling of the Cape Hatteras lawsuit and his marked one sided allowance of proven false scientific data......it appears the same is about to happen here.
    If the Defenders of Wildlife get a case in front of him, they know they will win. There's no doubt, not in my mind, based on the record.
    Jeremiah 16:16

"Behold, I am going to send for many fishermen," declares the LORD, "and they will fish for them; and afterwards I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them from every mountain and every hill and from the clefts of the rocks.

Guys, thank you so much for your help. The suggestions you made are great. I have contacted many individuals and groups large and small, but to date I have been a single lone voice. Your time will not be wasted pushing the NCWRC. I believe they have been asleep at the wheel on this major issue. Perhaps it was intentional, as they are scared of losing some Fed funds. One commissioner yesterday told me that in his opinion, this current court case could have the largest impact in his lifetime upon the wildlife in NC. Please contact your commissioner and urge the NCWRC to use their bully pulpit, website, magazine and media connections to publicize this red wolf fiasco and actually disclose to its constituents what is happening. Demand proper legal representation. If the State attorneys are not up to the task, then NCWRC should employ private attorneys who will not be pushed around by Derb Carter and SLEC. A novel idea would be to ask the commission to actually acknowledge the red wolf issue and put it on their agenda for once!!!! I believe our State must take an aggressive approach at this point. We are the ones that need to be filing a law suit asking for an injunction to stop the Red Wolf program until they can prove what the coyote influx into the red wolf recovery area will mean to our wildlife resources. Furthermore, we must demand that USFWS abide by the 1995 Rules Revisions. I will try to find a way to post this document. In short it says that if a private land owner does not want red wolves on his property, then the USFWS is required to remove the wolves. If they are unable to remove the wolves, then the land owner will be allowed to remove the wolves themselves. This was the protection negotiated for private land owners in return for the continuation of the red wolf program. I urge all land owners to write a certified letter to Leo Miranda and demand trappers be sent to your property and have the wolves removed. This is where you will quickly find that they have no ability or desire to fulfill this legal requirement. I would say a flood of requests of this type to USFWS, with your commissioners and representatives copied, would be a great way to expose this scandal that has decimated the wildlife populations in the five county area. I can not do this all by myself. Please help. A small amount of time on your part can create a snowball effect that can end this program. One final request, can anyone get me in front of the News and Observer, preferably John Drescher, the Editor.
    Thanks,
    Jett

Here is the 1995 Rules Revisions document. Happy reading! Notice NC Farm Bureau was instrumental in negotiating on behalf of landowners. I contacted Larry Wooten, President of NC Farm Bureau and documented my case to him that USFWS was in violation of the rules his organization had negotiated. That contact went no where. Perhaps contacting your Farm Bureau agent to push for Mr. Wooten's help again may work. NC Farm Bureau is a powerful lobby group which can and should help. If they choose not to help, then there are plenty other places to buy our insurance.

http://ecos.fws.gov/docs/federal_register/fr2810.pdf

Well, I took a few minutes to email Richard Burr, George Holding, The WRC directors, the staff at WRC, as well as my local state senator and representative about this issue. Let's see what those emails do.

Perhaps if each of us would take a few minutes and do this, it would end this program once and for all.
    Last edited by bryguy; 11-27-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Bryguy,
    Thank you!!!! that is the exact kind of help we need.

On another thread, here is my information regarding the Hunter Education card that many of you may have seen.

Wildlifer,
    Yes, The card is useless. If you read the hunter education card well, it was put out by the Defenders of Wildlife and the Red Wolf Coalition. It was mocked up to look otherwise. That card said "Do not shoot any coyotes east of Highway 32". These conservation groups definitely overstepped their bounds on that card and it has been reported by me to Gordon Meyers, who was unaware that the card was being distributed!!!!

Describing the difference between the looks of coyotes and wolves is a farce. In meetings with NCWRC and USFWS, I presented 50 or so close up high quality pictures of yotes/wolves taken on my farm. I asked David Rabon, Red Wolf Coordinator, to identify which were red wolves and which were coyotes. After a long period of looking at pics, he shamefully looked up and told Gordon Meyers and myself that he could not tell what they were!!! I have also gone through the same exercise with Leo Miranda SE Regional Director of USFWS with the same results. This is what prompted Leo's response to me that only an intentional shooting of a Red Wolf was a crime. He said if I thought I was shooting a coyote ,which is legal, then the act of accidentally killing a red wolf was not a violation of the law. Pretty amazing stuff!!!
    Last edited by Jett; 11-28-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Here is a link to the contact information for our Wildlife Commissioners:
    http://www.ncwildlife.org/About/Commissioners.aspx
    Here is a link to the NCWRC Staff contact information:
    http://www.ncwildlife.org/About/DirectorsOffice.aspx

Let them know you are deeply concerned about this issue and it's impact on NC's wildlife. Remind them of their mission statement:

To conserve North Carolina’s wildlife resources and their habitats and provide programs and opportunities that allow hunters, anglers, boaters;other outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy wildlife-associated recreation.

Tell them our wildlife resources are too precious to expose them to FEDERAL EXPERIMENTS that do not know what their impact on our wildlife may be.

Here is a direct quote from the USFWS Red Wolf Coordinator David Rabon in an interview with the News and Observer:

"The red wolf reintroduction was always designed as an experiment, Rabon said. Nobody knew what was going to happen with the wolves, other species or the landscape".

And our NCWRC has done NOTHING to monitor this liberal experiment gone disastrously bad!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jett; 11-29-2013 at 04:07 AM.