"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That is unacceptable that a congressman won't take meetings from a constituant. Jett is willing to meet him anywhere as well.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Congressman Walter Jones "Meets" with Plaintiff & "Cancels" on "Landowner" Twice!!!

attachment.php

GSOHunter is spot on!! Many Conservationist, Farmers and Landowners should DEMAND Congressman Walter Jones meet on this Red Wolf Issue!!

The 54,000 followers of this link, should understand that one can disseminate he is "Deliberately" DODGING this "Scandal"!!! Many of those 54,000 followers are VOTERS within his District!!!

Congressman Jones knows this $30,000,000 Million Red Wolf "Scandal" Well!!

1) Congressman Jones gets NCDOT to install a Red Wolf Education Signage along HWY 64
Walter Jones Sign.jpg

2) Congressman Jones Lobbied USDA for the documented Red Wolf Coalition's $75,000 Federal Grant!!

(Congressman Walter Jones - FOIA Email's Below)

"Kim Wheeler" <kwheeler@redwolves.com>
08/20/2010 01:18 PM To
<David_Rabon@fws.gov>, "Donna Storie" <donna.storie@dhhs.nc.gov>, "Gina
Schrader" <gina.schrader@gmail.com>, <lee_scripture@ncsu.edu>, "Mark Macallister" <mark@redtailhawk.us>, "Neil Hutt" ,
"Sherry Samuels" <Sherry.samuels@ncmls.org>, "Slaydon, David " <DSLAYDON@UNIFI.COM>,

Subject meeting

All,

I had a meeting this morning with Congressman Walter Jones. This meeting
was at his request.
Not knowing his agenda, I put together a package of
information about RWC and our enclosure project. The package included our
vision, goals and accomplishment statements, value of red wolf
conservation paper, enclosure project info & specs for each enclosure,
tourism info related to northeastern NC, Dr. Gail Lash study and our 501 (
c) 3 letter.

I also included a copy of IW magazine highlighting the red
wolf and the latest issue of IW with David Rabon’s interview. I spent a
lot of time answering his questions about our organization and
infrastructure. He was very interested in our enclosure project and the
economic benefits it will have to the community. I am pleased to tell you
that Congressman Jones has a clear picture of the Coalition and our vision
for the enclosure project.

This clarity came with the statement “ I know people that can get this done for you.”

Yes, ladies and gentleman, our enclosure project is going to become a reality.
To say that I am excited is an understatement. I am so proud of this
organization. Congressman Jones’s legislative contact, Josh Bolin, is
going to contact me the first week of September to start making the
necessary contacts. I assured Congressman Jones that I would go wherever
he thought I might be needed to provide additional information.

Not sure when my feet will hit the ground.

Kim Wheeler
Executive Director
Red Wolf Coalition, Inc.
"Support red wolf conservation"
www.redwolves.com

"Kim Wheeler" <kwheeler@redwolves.com>
To
<David_Rabon@fws.gov>, "Donna Storie" <donna.storie@dhhs.nc.gov>, "Gina Schrader" <lee_scripture@ncsu.edu>, "Mark Macallister" <mark@redtailhawk.us>, "Neil Hutt" ,
"Sherry Samuels" <Sherry.samuels@ncmls.org>, "Slaydon, David " <DSLAYDON@UNIFI.COM>,

Subject Enclosure meeting

All,

I had an outstanding meeting with Doug Causey, from the USDA Rural
Development office in regards to our enclosure project. The seed for this
meeting was planted by Congressman Walter Jones. Doug and I went through
our project and its objectives. We had a very good meeting and he stated
that his department was very interested in our project. When we finished
in the office, I took him out to the site and walked him through our
plans. While we were at the site, Chris Lucash pulled up. Talk about a
coincidence that could not have been planned better. Chris took the time
to talk with Doug and show him two red wolves and a coyote. Chris also
talked about why he though this enclosure project was important. Several
times during our talk Doug looked at me, smiled and asked if we planned
this coincidence. It was perfect! Doug commented on the drive back to
the office that he was thrilled to have seen the animals and to hear Chris
echo some of the same reasons this project is so important to this
community. The biggie for Doug was that he was glad to hear that the
USFWS supports our efforts. When asked if Chris supported this project,
his response to Doug was “ I can’t believe it has taken her this long.” A
huge thank you to Chris for being so passionate about his work and for
taking the time to talk with us today.

After Doug left, I called and thanked Chris. I also sent an email
to Congressman Jones letting him know about the meeting and again
thanking him for his support.

The USDA has between $50K-$75K to spend. Their grant application is due
Feb. 18th. Doug volunteered to help us with the process and would like to
us to submit our grant from an economic perspective.

On another note, I have submitted our grant proposal to the Golden LEAF
foundation last month and will be attending another meeting tonight. This
is a long process. I will keep you informed as I find out if Golden LEAF
thinks our project meets their criteria.

Ladies and gentleman, we are almost home.

Kim Wheeler
Executive Director
Red Wolf Coalition, Inc.
www.redwolves.com

"3,901,500.00 Red Wolf Recovery Program Spend 2012"

Wheeler pulls "Fast One" on "Congressman Jones" & "Tyrrell County Residents" while programs in "Peril"

Ms. Wheeler Quote: "I would like to keep the funding aspect under wraps for now. I don’t want anyone in Tyrrell County trying to change Jones’ mind."

"Kim Wheeler"<kwheeler@redwolves.com>08/26/2010 08:28 AMTo <Howard_Phillips@fws.gov>

Subject RE: list

Yes she was there. She understands the attitude in the community about red wolves. She is one of my biggest cheerleaders!!

Kim Wheeler
Executive Director
Red Wolf Coalition, Inc.
www.redwolves.com

From: Howard_Phillips@fws.gov [mailto:Howard_Phillips@fws.gov] Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:57 PM

To: Kim Wheeler

Subject: RE: list

OK, but didn't you tell me Sue was there?

Howard Phillips, Refuge Manager
Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge
252/796-3004 x226
252/796-7517 (cell)
252/796-3010 (fax)
www.fws.gov/pocosinlakes/

"Kim Wheeler" <kwheeler@redwolves.com>"Kim Wheeler"<kwheeler@redwolves.com>08/25/2010 09:37 AM
To<Howard_Phillips@fws.gov>

SubjectRE: list

I would like to keep the funding aspect under wraps for now. I don’t want anyone in Tyrrell County trying to change Jones’ mind.

Kim Wheeler

Executive Director
Red Wolf Coalition, Inc.
www.redwolves.com

From: Howard_Phillips@fws.gov [mailto:Howard_Phillips@fws.gov] Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:00 PM
To: kwheeler@redwolves.com

Subject: Fw: list

Hey,
I was just talking to Chris and he said he was working on fence drawings. Hope it's OK that I told him about our conversation. I said we all need to get together soon and he agreed. He'll probably share with David right away.

Howard Phillips, Refuge Manager
Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge
252/796-3004 x226
252/796-7517 (cell)
252/796-3010 (fax)
www.fws.gov/pocosinlakes/

----- Forwarded by Howard Phillips/R4/FWS/DOI on 08/24/2010 12:57 PM -----
To
"Kim Wheeler"
<kwheeler@redwolves.com>
cc
Subject Re: list

OK, off the top of my head (i.e. there may be stuff we have to add): Funding (I know, I know - you'll hold him to it) I guess we're only talking construction funding here, but what about operations? Design: mostly done with the SPP (??, Species something something - please tell me again) standards. Need to finalize fence locations as you said.
Operations Plan Compliance (we'll need to discuss with David if we should cover not only the fence building, but also the operations - housing wolves, public viewing, etc. Some or all of that may have been done when we did the EA for the building?): NEPA: Again, may have already been covered? If not, I'm not sure if we can Cat Ex or will need to do an EA? Do you foresee any controversy?404 permit from Corps (unless we can keep all the fences out of jurisdictional wetlands)401 water quality certification (joint application with 404) ESA Section 7 consultation NHPA Section 106 cultural resources clearance CZMA consistency determination Construction Operation
We probably need to start talking w/ David Rabon soon.

Call me when

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Congressman Walter Jones and his $2 Million, Red Wolf Visitor Center (Now Closed)??

attachment.php

$2,000,000.00 Walter Jones Red Wolf Center, "Now Closed"… Guess Congressman Jones can't meet there??

Hutt says. “We have national exposure. We’re beefing up our board. We are connected to the International Wolf Center in Minnesota.” And the coalition has asked U.S. Rep. Walter B. Jones, who represents the area, to support enlarging the visitor center to serve as a Red Wolf education center, a project that could cost $2 million. http://www.philanthropyjournal.org/archive/124090

Today 7/29/2014, When a gentlemen went to visit the Walter P. Jones "Center for Sound's" he was met by large yellow sign atop of a bear (above) that read "Closed"!!

Being the peak of "Eco-Tourism" Season this seemed odd… He was observing the facility when a USFWS Employee on his cell phone walked out of his office and inquired what he was looking for… He said the "Walter P. Jones, Center for Sounds"...

A second USFWS Employee wearing a Bulletproof Vest and a Side Arm stated it is "Closed". "We only open it for limited hours, its staffed with volunteers".

"Kim Wheeler" <kwheeler@redwolves.com>"Kim Wheeler"<kwheeler@redwolves.com>08/25/2010 09:37 AM

I would like to keep the funding aspect under wraps for now. I don’t want anyone in Tyrrell County trying to change Jones’ mind.

Kim Wheeler

Executive Director
Red Wolf Coalition, Inc.
www.redwolves.com

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Congressman Jones… "Conservative" in DC… "Wasteful" in NC...

attachment.php

$2,000,000.00 Walter Jones Red Wolf Center, "Now Closed"… Guess Congressman Jones can't meet there??

Hutt says. “We have national exposure. We’re beefing up our board. We are connected to the International Wolf Center in Minnesota.” And the coalition has asked U.S. Rep. Walter B. Jones, who represents the area, to support enlarging the visitor center to serve as a Red Wolf education center, a project that could cost $2 million. http://www.philanthropyjournal.org/archive/124090

Today 7/29/2014, When a gentlemen went to visit the Walter P. Jones "Center for Sound's" he was met by large yellow sign atop of a bear (above) that read "Closed"!!

Being the peak of "Eco-Tourism" Season this seemed odd… He was observing the facility when a USFWS Employee on his cell phone walked out of his office and inquired what he was looking for… He said the "Walter P. Jones, Center for Sounds"...

A second USFWS Employee wearing a Bulletproof Vest and a Side Arm stated it is "Closed". "We only open it for limited hours, its staffed with volunteers".

Kim Wheeler

Executive Director
Red Wolf Coalition, Inc.
www.redwolves.com

Congressman Jones… If the many "VOTING" Landowners and Farmers within your own "District" can not meet with you, how will those you were sent to DC to "Serve" ever know which side of your "Mouth" you really speak from??

“Out of control spending is the most pressing issue facing our country today,” said Congressman Jones. “Our national debt has reached an astonishing $17 trillion, yet we continue to spend money that we do not have. We in Congress have a responsibility to wisely use the taxpayers’ money, and I will continue to support legislation that puts an end to the government’s reckless spending habit.”

$3,901,000.00 Documented 2012 Red Wolf Spend, makes many within his district wonder what the "Definition" of a "Reckless Spending Habit" is to Congressman Jones??

Congressman Walter B Jones, Water Jones, Congressman Jones, Joey Hinton, Doc Hastings, House Committee on Natural Resources, Congress, Congressman Doc Hastings, ESA Oversight, Sue and Settle, Sue & Settle, T. Delaene Beeland, The Secret World of Red Wolves, Cornelia N. Hutt, Cornelia Hutt, Red Wolf Coalition, FOX, FOX News, ABC, ABC News, NBC, NBC News, WRAL, WRAL News, Raleigh, Charlotte, Sean Hannity, Bill Oreilly, Bill O'Reilly, The Factor, Megan Kelly, Greta Van Susteren, N&O, News and Observer, Bob Pendergrass, Dan Nicholas Park, Kim Wheeler, Red Wolf Coalition, David Rabon, RWC Board Member, USFWS, Red Wolf, Hybridization, International Wolf Center, Rob Schultz, Nina Fascione, Defenders of Wildlife, ESA, Endangered Species Act, Nonessential Experimental Population, North Carolina, Alligator River Wildlife Refuge, Red Wolf Coordinator, Section 10(j), 5 - Year Summary, Captive Breeding, Reintroduction Area, Coyote, Coywolf, Coywolfs, Coy-wolf, Coywolfs, Predator Control, Service, Take Permit, Adaptive Management, Sterilization, Federal Game Lands, Fish and Wildlife Service, Animal Welfare Institute, Lawsuit, NCWRC, North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission, Depredation, 5 County Red Wolf Recovery Area, Hyde County, Beaufort County, Tyrrell County, Dare County, Washington County, Red Wolf Recovery Program, Reward, PHVA 1999, George Amato, Mike Chamberlain, Jennifer Gilbreath, Ed Bangs, Brian Cole, Karen Goodrowe, Karen Beck, Gloria Bell, Dave Flemming, Jack Grisham, Art Beyer, Randy Fulk, Mary Hagedorn, Mike Bryant, Todd Fuller, Phil Hedrick, Onnie Byers, Eric Gese, Gary Henry, Brian Kelly, Phil Miller, John Theberge, Fred Knowlton, Michael Morse, Mary Thebarge, Sue Lindsey, Dennis Murray, Kathy Traylor-Holzer, Chris Lucash, Ron Nowak, Will Waddell, Ford Mauney, Mike Phillips, Bob Wayne, Dave Mech, Ulysses Seal, Kathy Whidbee, Scott McLellan, Doug Smith, Aubrey White, Michael Stoskopf, Paul Wilson, Dan Ashe, Sally Jewell, Department of the Interior, Red Wolf Study, Peer Review, Peer Reviewed, Howlings, Columbia NC, Columbia

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Califorina Red Wolf Coalition Board Member Janet Hoben's &quot;All Call&quot;!!

Canis lupus 101

Friday, August 15, 2014

Letters needed for #RedWolves!

Letters needed for red wolves!
posted by Janet Hoben
August 15, 2013

PLEASE help us walk the long walk for red wolves by sending a LETTER in support of the Red Wolf Recovery Program (RWRP)! The 60-day program review is underway. The decision about the future of the RWRP will come in October. The USFWS Southeast Regional Office in Atlanta and the USFWS Director in Washington, DC need to know that the red wolf has legions of supporters. A LETTER is BETTER than an email! Write to:

Cynthia Dohner, Southeast Regional Director
USFWS Southeast Regional Office
1875 Century Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30345

Dan Ashe, Director
USFWS
1849 C Street NW Room 3331
Washington, DC 20240

Tell them you support the continuation of the Red Wolf Recovery Program and why (tell them your reasons!) and that you support the effort to find 2 more reintroduction sites for the red wolf as mandated by the Red Wolf Recovery Plan under the Endangered Species Act.

Thank you for your support of red wolves.

#IAmRedWolf
#IAmEssential
#StandForWolves
source information: Southeast-Red Wolves group on Google+

(Photo credit: Mill Mountain Zoo)&#65279;

Lin Kerns at 7:18 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment

Jett

Ten Pointer
Repost Because This Is Critical:

USFWS: "Watch what I say, not what I do"

To: d_m_ashe <d_m_ashe@fws.gov
Date: Thu, Aug 7, 2014 9:59 pm

Leaders and Representatives,

I recently made a Freedom of Information Act request for information on all the red wolves released by USFWS into eastern NC. I have attached the results. Keep in mind that this program was to be managed on Federal lands and would not impact any legal activity on private land, yet has now left private landowners with 90% of the wild red wolf population and a 100% protected population of coyotes, hybrids and wolves to freely decimate the wildlife, livestock and pets on their private land.

Before I go into the FOIA results, let me quote from the 1986 CFR 50 Part 17 Rules and Regulations pertaining to the USFWS "reintroduction" of red wolves into eastern NC:

"Summary: The USFWS determines that it will introduce mated pairs of red wolves into the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge in Dare County, NC."

"It is anticipated that, because of the size and habitat characteristics of the reintroduction area, animals will remain within the boundaries of the refuge and adjacent military lands."

"The public will be instructed to immediately report any observation of a red wolf off Federal lands to the refuge manager."

"The Service will make every effort to keep red wolves on the refuge, but if an animal leaves the refuge / bombing range area, the Service intends to capture it and return it to captivity"

"The Service currently plans to limit releases to no more than 12 animals"

USFWS then proceeded to release 132 wolves in the five county recovery area:

- 58 wolves were released into Dare County alone on both public and private land (remember "The Service currently plans to limit releases to no more than 12 animals"). After almost 30 years of red wolf restoration efforts and 58 of the 132 releases, Dare County now only supports one breeding pair of red wolves. Can anyone spell "self sustaining" population?

- 64 wolves, almost half of the total releases, were released on private land (remember "The Service will make every effort to keep red wolves on the refuge"). Released on private land? Where was this in the deal? Obviously there are two "Services". One that tells us what we want to hear and another one that does whatever they so desire. How did this happen in a program to be managed on Federal lands? Was it done legally? What authority did USFWS have to release wolves outside of the refuge system on private land?

- 68 wolves were released on Federal lands, yet 90% of all red wolves now reside on private property (remember "animals will remain within the boundaries of the refuge and adjacent military lands", also "The Service will make every effort to keep red wolves on the refuge, but if an animal leaves the refuge / bombing range area, the Service intends to capture it and return it to captivity").

As an aside, I find it ironic that the USFWS biologists claimed their refuge land was such perfect habitat for the red wolves while blaming the expansion of agricultural interest as one of the reasons the red wolf no longer existed in NC. Yet, when all is said and done, the wolves have left the barren Federal bog land "managed" by the USFWS for the preferred fertile, wildlife rich agricultural land provided by the private landowners of NC.

The attached release document shows wolf releases on Federal and private land in all 5 counties, even private land in Beaufort county which was only added as a buffer zone because of its "close proximity" to the reintroduction efforts on the Pocosin Lakes NWR. We gave USFWS an inch and they took thousands of square miles. Where will USFWS stop and more important, when will we even know it?

With this history, we now have a private landowner "partner" (as USFWS now humbly describes us), who harbors 90% of the USFWS red wolf population, but can no longer trust its mandated USFWS "partner". Can you understand why?

4 original breeding pairs of wolves released in 1987 aided by 124 additional captive releases, countless breedings for 27 years, and millions of tax payer dollars has in 2014 achieved a net gain of 3 additional breeding pairs of wolves after almost 30 years of efforts by USFWS to create a self sustaining population of red wolves in eastern NC.

I just do not see a future for this program, especially in light of the hybrid swarm now taking place as coyotes engulf this region aided by full protective status granted from a Federal Judge at the request of so called "conservation" groups and international pro wolf cheer leaders. Hybrid swarm is what rendered the last remaining red wolf population extinct in the wild in Texas and now hybrid swarm is doing it again here in eastern NC.

This issue is not just about the wolves and what is "best" for them. The issue is now about a growing and spreading population of super coyotes/hybrids decimating NC's native wildlife, private landowner rights being trampled, and throwing the tax payers' good money after bad. For what? Three additional pairs of a canines with questionable if any true species quality DNA?

The recovery efforts in eastern NC at this point will only lead to the wolves being absorbed into a hybrid coyote population. If the wolves are to be saved, they must be captured and relocated, there just is no future for them anymore in eastern NC. After 27 years, the facts are in on this Experimental - Nonessential USFWS program.

For more information on the many issues involved with the USFWS Red Wolf Recovery Program please read this informative link:

http://www.nchuntandfish.com/forums/showthread.php?95624-quot-Red-Wolf-quot-restoration-scandal

USFWS: "Watch what I say, not what I do"

Sincerely,

Jett Ferebee
(252) 714 2774

FOIA Request Release Data to Follow

Jett

Ten Pointer
Another repost for Critical Information

Adaptive Management: The Biggest Threat to the Red Wolf?

To: d_m_ashe <d_m_ashe@fws.gov>; Pat McCroy>; cynthia_dohner <cynthia_dohner@fws.gov>; leopoldo_miranda <leopoldo_miranda@fws.gov>

Date: Wed, Jun 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Gentlemen,

I am in receipt of two power point presentations made by USFWS Red Wolf Coordinator, David Rabon and his Assistant Red Wolf Coordinator, Becky Bartel at a PVA meeting in Chicago last August.

The slides I show here demonstrate the utter failure of the Red Wolf program in Zone 1, the most intensive canid management zone with the fewest, by far, number of suspected gun shot kills. This information is quiet contrary to what has been dispersed to the general public and to Judge Boyle. It is also a rather poor testament to an "Adaptive Management" scheme cooked up in 1999 and implemented in 2000.

For now, I am focused on Zone 1 in Dare County as depicted below since it represents the most intensive managed area of the Red Wolf program going on 27 years now and occurs mostly on Federal land. Please note that from 2002 through 2012 there were 71 total red wolf gun shot kills in NC, only 3 of which occurred in Dare County and only two of these were suspected illegal kills.

There were a total of 27 red wolf kills in Dare County in this time frame. The 2 suspected illegal gun shot deaths represented 7.4% (2 of 27) of the total red wolf deaths in the Dare County Zone 1 as compared to 31% (72 of 230) for all areas. Keep in mind, this is the purest, most intensively managed zone of the Red Wolf recovery program. From 2001 through 2012 the number of red wolf pair territorial units declined 75%, from 4 pairs to 1 pair, yet gun shot kills occurred a rate that was 75% (7.4% vs 31%) less than all other areas.

USFWS needs to look at some other culprit rather than illegal gun shot kills.

With only 6 founding breeders represented in the wild red wolf population, perhaps USFWS should look in the mirror and question a recovery based on such a limited gene pool. If not inbreeding, could it be that the wolves can not survive off the remaining available prey? Something major has happened to the red wolf population in the last 12 years in Zone 1, the very heart of the Red Wolf Recovery program located on Federal land and it was not gun shot kills! Could it be poor planning and "adaptive management"?

attachment.php

attachment.php

3 Management Zones

2001 Territorial Units
Red Icon - Red Wolf Pair

attachment.php

4 Red Wolf pairs in 2001

2012 Territorial Units
Red Icon - Red Wolf Pair
Black Icon - Sterile Coyote/Mixed Pair

attachment.php

Only 1 Red Wolf pair in 2012 - 75% Decline

1 Sterile Coyote/Mixed pair - 100% increase

Only 2 suspected gun shot kills vs a total of 72 in all areas 2002 - 2012

Pretty amazing isn't it? What happened??? Now is the biggest threat to the Red Wolf gun shot kills or adaptive management and inbreeding in the Program's most pristine, "dream zone" management area started 27 years ago????? 4 red wolf pairs to 1 red wolf pair!!!!

CONTINUED...

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
Continued...

As I have found, adaptive management to USFWS means make and change the rules as necessary to keep your job. USFWS apparently changed the Zone 1 boundaries, likely as a result of the program failing on their own land ( lack of prey/inbreeding). At some point, USFWS found it necessary to include more private land in their Zone 1 management area. Zone 1 is the furthest east Zone with a western boundary running along the midpoint of Lake Mattamuskeet, Zone 2 is in the center, and Zone 3 is the western most zone.

If it fails, then make it bigger....especially if you can do it on someone else's managed land!

A typical government answer, but the expansion yielded the same results. The "New" Zone 1 in 2001 had 7 wolf pairs and 1 mixed pair. After 12 years of adaptive management, wolf pairs declined by 43% from 7 pairs to 3 pairs. Mixed pairs increased 100% from 1 to 2 mixed pairs.

2001 Territorial Units

Red Icon - Red Wolf Pair
7 Red Wolf pairs in 2001
1 Sterile Coyote/Mixed pair in 2001

attachment.php

2012 Territorial Units

Red Icon - Red Wolf Pair
Blue Icon - Intact Coyote pair
3 Red Wolf pairs in 2012 - a 43% decline
2 Sterile Coyote/Mixed pairs in 2012 - 100% increase

attachment.php

You can change the maps, but you can't change history.

Adaptive Management

"Adaptive Management Plan - Strategy to establish "coyote-free" zones and move westward while building the red wolf population from east to west.

- Plan created in 1999. Full implementation began 2000.
- Advisory scientist (RWRIT) review and recommend.
- Divide experimental area into 3 zones of effort"

In actuality, it appears the wolves are leaving Zone 1, the "dream zone", altogether for some odd reason! The only population building is the new hybrid population ON PRIVATE LAND!

We now find this occurred as a result of illegal releases of wolves onto private lands!!!!!!!!

CONTINUED....

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
Continued from Previous Page...Part 3

Adaptive Management by the numbers:

attachment.php

Pup recruitment is at an all time low of less than .30 from a high of .93. That is a 67% decrease.

attachment.php

It sure looks to me that as sterilized hybrid pairs increase (adaptive management), red wolf pairs decrease!
I believe these two lines on the graph have now intersected!

In fact in 2003, there were 21 breeding pairs of wolves in the recovery area and in early 2014 there were only 7 or 8 breeding pairs remaining.

Again, we see a 67% decrease in breeding pairs as the adaptive management plan enters its fourteenth year and the red wolf recovery "experiment" enters its 27th year!!!! 40% of all wolf packs in the recovery area are now mixed packs with coyotes.

attachment.php

Not from me.
Even I can see said the blind man!

attachment.php

What a low blow David Rabon added to his "professional" presentation in Chicago regarding our NC Wildlife Resource Commission, or was it??? (see the ? over the NCWRC emblem)

attachment.php

Absolutely!!!!

Thanks,

Jett Ferebee

Media Contact:
252 714 2774
jettferebee@aol.com

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
Just a Reminder of What USFWS Released on Private Land

Let me quote from the 1986 CFR 50 Part 17 Rules and Regulations pertaining to the USFWS "reintroduction" of red wolves into eastern NC:

"Summary: The USFWS determines that it will introduce mated pairs of red wolves into the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge in Dare County, NC."

"It is anticipated that, because of the size and habitat characteristics of the reintroduction area, animals will remain within the boundaries of the refuge and adjacent military lands."

"The public will be instructed to immediately report any observation of a red wolf off Federal lands to the refuge manager."

"The Service will make every effort to keep red wolves on the refuge, but if an animal leaves the refuge / bombing range area, the Service intends to capture it and return it to captivity"

"The Service currently plans to limit releases to no more than 12 animals"

USFWS then proceeded to release 64 wolves, almost half of the total releases, on private land (remember "The Service will make every effort to keep red wolves on the refuge").

Released on private land? Where was this in the deal? Obviously there are two "Services". One that tells us what we want to hear and another one that does whatever they so desire. How did this happen in a program to be managed on Federal lands? Was it done legally? What authority did USFWS have to release wolves outside of the refuge system on private land?

attachment.php

w1a.jpg
attachment.php

w2a.jpg
attachment.php

w3a.jpg
attachment.php

w4a.jpg
attachment.php

w5a.jpg

Please note: On December 24, 2013 USFWS wrote me a letter stating there were NO wolves on my land!!!!

Check the dates on these photos

Last edited:

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Telemetry says I have no collared canids on my Washington county properties, but there "may" be a sterile coyote or two :rolleyes:. Game cameras say differently. I guess a take permit is in order... :D.

><>

odie408

Ten Pointer
They don't deny the red collared mutt is on my farm, they just wont move him. I guess I need a take permit too!!:greenjump:

odie408

Ten Pointer
Walter Jones, we need your help!!! Meet with Jett and hear our problem, I and 170+ land owners in your voting district need you to hear our voice through Jett. We scratched your itch!!!.......

odie408

Ten Pointer
If I understand right N.C. and Maine are the only two states that allow hybrid animals to be released. Maybe we need a law like this before some hair-brained tree-hugger finds another crazy critter to waste more tax dollars on.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
(HSUS) Humane Society of the US is &quot;Top&quot; 15 Donor of Congressman Walter Jones!!

potpurri081213_049.JPG

Wayne Pacelle is the president of the Humane Society of the United States. He expects they will easily collect more than 200 thousand signatures.

&#8220;Because it&#8217;s more than just about the wolves&#8230;it&#8217;s about the right of citizens to have their input into the process,&#8221; says Pacelle.

Next we find out the "Humane Society of the United States" just issued a $5,000.00 check to support Congressman Walter Jones Campaign!!

https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cycle=2014&cid=N00002299&type=I

Last edited:

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've about resigned myself to the fact that eradication will intensify in about 60 days......and the true shame is that the animal will not be given a chance because of the bureaucratic atrocities in it's name.

><>

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I believe I foretold that one. The bad thing is it will get worse before it gets better. You guys know what will be next after that happens. It will take a suit either from the state (and I don't see that happening) or from the affected 5 counties to slow the train down. Where are all the hunters rights groups that plug for your money? I don't see them helping in this, money is pouring in from HSOA to push the other side I don't see any to stop the train. It ain't looking good from what I am seeing.

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
I believe I foretold that one. The bad thing is it will get worse before it gets better. You guys know what will be next after that happens. It will take a suit either from the state (and I don't see that happening) or from the affected 5 counties to slow the train down. Where are all the hunters rights groups that plug for your money? I don't see them helping in this, money is pouring in from HSOA to push the other side I don't see any to stop the train. It ain't looking good from what I am seeing.

The Safari Club International is fully supportive even joining in as a party to the suit. Other than the SCI that's it.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Is there an official organized group that exists designed with purpose to stopping this madness? Or is it just Jett and a handful of other people taking time out of their personal lives to try to not only stop this now, but prevent what is the ultimate goal of these groups (which affects every person on this board plus) on our behalf? Is this forum the only link that can be provided to people who are oblivious?

I know people who hunt east of I-95 that literally have no clue of what has already happened east of them and what could potentially happen where they hunt.

Does the Wake County Wildlife Club have a stance?

A Booth, or seminars, or better yet a flier to every parton who visits the DDC might get the word out better than 1 thread on 1 hunting forum. If it's not too late.

Last edited:

Take 'em

Six Pointer
My letter to Walter Jones---just sent!

Message Subject: Red Wolves
Message Text:
Dear Congressman Jones, I am very disappointed that you haven't done anything to help the landowners in your district to end the Red Wolf Program that began in 1987 in the ARNWR (Dare Co.)and has become a 30 million dollar waste basket. Now a Federal Judge (Boyle) has closed coyote hunting in the five counties where the red wolves are supposed to be located. The reason the red wolves (24% wolf, 76% coyote) were removed from Texas in the 1970's was hybrid swarm. It is happening again here in NC, and I don't hear anything from you Sir. Once coyotes invaded NC about 15 years ago it became impossible to keep the coyotes from interbreeding with the wolves just as it was in Texas. Will you stand up for your constituents and landowners in the 3rd district who are being directly impacted by this fiasco or will you stand with the Humane Society, Red Wolf Coalition and others against your constituents. So far you appear to be AWOL on this issue Sir.

Sincerely

BR549

Twelve Pointer
The New York Times helps document Private Land Releases

SPECIES ID # BIRTH DATE BL RELEASE DATE COUNTY LAND OWNERSHIP
WOLF 10140 27-Apr-80 C 14-Sep-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10231 08-May-83 C 14-Sep-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10184 01-May-81 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10194 01-May-81 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10196 01-May-81 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10205 23-Apr-82 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10211 29-Apr-82 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10227 23-Apr-83 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10300 06-May-86 C 12-Apr-88 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10322 12-May-87 C 14-Apr-88 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10331 21-Apr-88 I 25-Jan-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10332 21-Apr-88 I 25-Jan-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10208 29-Apr-82 C 03-Jul-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10392 27-Apr-89 C 01-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10393 27-Apr-89 C 01-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10394 27-Apr-89 C 01-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10395 27-Apr-89 C 01-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10313 26-Apr-87 C 22-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10328 12-May-87 C 22-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10316 26-Apr-87 C 04-Sep-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10319 26-Apr-87 C 04-Sep-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10304 06-May-86 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10327 12-May-87 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10397 09-Apr-90 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10398 09-Apr-90 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10399 09-Apr-90 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10426 02-May-90 C 03-Oct-90 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10427 02-May-90 C 03-Oct-90 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10430 02-May-90 C 03-Oct-90 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10337 05-May-88 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10352 15-Apr-89 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10459 25-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10460 25-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10461 25-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10462 25-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10466 26-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10464 26-Apr-91 C 23-Aug-91 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10372 06-May-89 I 03-Aug-92 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 10382 14-May-89 I 03-Aug-92 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10517 14-Apr-92 C 03-Aug-92 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10518 14-Apr-92 C 03-Aug-92 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10519 14-Apr-92 C 03-Aug-92 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10523 14-Apr-92 C 03-Aug-92 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10408 10-Apr-90 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10586 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10587 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10588 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10589 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10590 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10591 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10383 14-May-89 I 15-Sep-93 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10445 24-Apr-91 C 15-Sep-93 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10632 02-May-93 C 15-Sep-93 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10633 02-May-93 C 15-Sep-93 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10634 02-May-93 C 15-Sep-93 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10358 29-Apr-89 C 15-Dec-93 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10377 06-May-89 I 15-Dec-93 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10375 06-May-89 I 05-Jan-94 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10379 14-May-89 I 05-Jan-94 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10448 24-Apr-91 C 02-Feb-94 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10465 26-Apr-91 C 02-Feb-94 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10374 06-May-89 I 03-Feb-94 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 10437 10-May-90 C 03-Feb-94 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 10561 01-May-92 C 16-Mar-95 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10593 18-Apr-93 S 06-Apr-95 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10765 16-May-94 I 24-Jan-96 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10640 04-May-93 I 03-Apr-96 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10769 16-May-94 I 08-May-96 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10807 21-Apr-95 I 24-Jun-96 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10808 21-Apr-95 I 16-Oct-96 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10767 16-May-94 I 07-Feb-97 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10875 01-May-95 I 20-Mar-97 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10876 01-May-97 I 29-Jan-98 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 10771 10-May-94 I 27-Jan-99 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10929 20-May-97 I 30-Mar-99 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10930 06-May-97 I 30-Apr-99 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10933 01-May-97 I 24-Apr-00 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11088 15-Apr-00 C 26-May-00 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11061 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11062 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11063 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11064 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11076 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11077 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11078 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 10950 22-Apr-98 S 31-Jul-00 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 10982 01-May-98 I 29-Sep-00 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10952 22-Apr-98 S 04-Oct-00 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11053 01-May-98 I 04-Oct-00 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10951 22-Apr-98 S 04-Apr-01 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 11166 01-May-01 I 01-Nov-02 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11165 01-May-01 I 21-Jan-03 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11356 01-May-04 I 28-Sep-05 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11463 01-May-05 I 28-Oct-06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11547 01-May-05 I 01-Nov-06 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11462 01-May-05 I 04-Nov-06 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11461 01-May-05 I 15-Dec-06 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11548 01-May-06 I 22-Jan-08 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11549 01-May-06 I 12-Feb-08 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 11658 01-May-07 I 04-Aug-08 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11657 01-May-07 I 02-Apr-09 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11726 01-May-08 I 02-Apr-09 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11728 01-May-08 I 02-Apr-09 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11727 01-May-08 I 13-Apr-09 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11725 01-May-07 I 17-May-09 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 11171 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11173 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11174 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11175 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11176 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11199 4/21/02 C 5/5/02 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11202 4/21/02 C 5/5/02 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11357 4/17/04 I 5/4/04 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11358 4/17/04 I 5/5/04 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11466 5/1/06 C 5/15/06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11469 5/1/06 C 5/15/06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11470 5/1/06 C 5/15/06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11471 5/1/06 C 5/15/06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11577 4/15/07 C 4/24/07 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11578 4/15/07 C 4/25/07 BEAUFORT PRIVATE
WOLF 11579 4/15/07 C 4/25/07 BEAUFORT PRIVATE
WOLF 11737 4/24/09 C 5/1/09 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11739 4/24/09 C 5/1/09 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11740 4/24/09 C 5/1/09 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11741 4/24/09 C 5/1/09 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11788 4/17/10 C 4/30/10 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11796 4/17/10 C 4/30/10 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11854 4/24/11 C 5/7/11 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 11855 4/24/11 C 5/7/11 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 11911 4/20/12 C 4/27/12 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11912 4/20/12 C 4/27/12 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11993 4/21/13 C 5/1/13 TYRRELL PRIVATE

The New York Times, 11/13/1986

Unlikely event they wander off the refuge?? Or get "Purposely Stocked" off the refuge on PRIVATE LAND!! Note the date of this article and the release dates above!!!

WOLF 10304 06-May-86 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE

"But wildlife officials have issued a rule that does allow for the killing of the wolves, in what they say is the unlikely event they wander off the refuge and become an immediate threat to human life".

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/11/13/us/agency-seeks-return-red-wolves-to-carolina.html

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Private Landowner Acres.jpg
The above post is the biggest issue the Red Wolf Recovery Program is facing!!

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Red Wolf Shot in &quot;ANY&quot; County outside &quot;5&quot; County Area &quot;NO REPORTING&quot; is Required!!

That's right, if a red wolf or wolves are shot outside the five counties you are NOT required to report the shooting what so ever...

Google red wolf restoration scandal for the entire $30,000,000.00 story on this non-native "Introduced" Hybrid Coy-Wolf Subspecies!! Below is what The New York Times had to say about it's origin!!

Quote -

In what one environmental group termed a ''Dunkirk-type evacuation,'' Federal wildlife agents rounded up about 400 of the animals, many of whom were sickly or mongrels that were the offspring of matings between wolves and coyotes.

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/11/13/us/agency-seeks-return-red-wolves-to-carolina.html

Tags, Congressman Walter B Jones, Water Jones, Congressman Jones, Joey Hinton, Doc Hastings, House Committee on Natural Resources, Congress, Congressman Doc Hastings, ESA Oversight, Sue and Settle, Sue & Settle, T. Delaene Beeland, The Secret World of Red Wolves, Cornelia N. Hutt, Cornelia Hutt, Red Wolf Coalition, FOX, FOX News, ABC, ABC News, NBC, NBC News, WRAL, WRAL News, Raleigh, Charlotte, Sean Hannity, Bill Oreilly, Bill O'Reilly, The Factor, Megan Kelly, Greta Van Susteren, N&O, News and Observer, Bob Pendergrass, Dan Nicholas Park, Kim Wheeler, Red Wolf Coalition, David Rabon, RWC Board Member, USFWS, Red Wolf, Hybridization, International Wolf Center, Rob Schultz, Nina Fascione, Defenders of Wildlife, ESA, Endangered Species Act, Nonessential Experimental Population, North Carolina, Alligator River Wildlife Refuge, Red Wolf Coordinator, Section 10(j), 5 - Year Summary, Captive Breeding, Reintroduction Area, Coyote, Coywolf, Coywolfs, Coy-wolf, Coywolfs, Predator Control, Service, Take Permit, Adaptive Management, Sterilization, Federal Game Lands, Fish and Wildlife Service, Animal Welfare Institute, Lawsuit, NCWRC, North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission, Depredation, 5 County Red Wolf Recovery Area, Hyde County, Beaufort County, Tyrrell County, Dare County, Washington County, Red Wolf Recovery Program, Reward, PHVA 1999, George Amato, Mike Chamberlain, Jennifer Gilbreath, Ed Bangs, Brian Cole, Karen Goodrowe, Karen Beck, Gloria Bell, Dave Flemming, Jack Grisham, Art Beyer, Randy Fulk, Mary Hagedorn, Mike Bryant, Todd Fuller, Phil Hedrick, Onnie Byers, Eric Gese, Gary Henry, Brian Kelly, Phil Miller, John Theberge, Fred Knowlton, Michael Morse, Mary Thebarge, Sue Lindsey, Dennis Murray, Kathy Traylor-Holzer, Chris Lucash, Ron Nowak, Will Waddell, Ford Mauney, Mike Phillips, Bob Wayne, Dave Mech, Ulysses Seal, Kathy Whidbee, Scott McLellan, Doug Smith, Aubrey White, Michael Stoskopf, Paul Wilson, Dan Ashe, Sally Jewell, Department of the Interior, Red Wolf Study, Peer Review, Peer Reviewed, Howlings, Columbia NC, Columbia

Last edited:

Take 'em

Six Pointer
"Wayne Pacelle is the president of the Humane Society of the United States. He expects they will easily collect more than 200 thousand signatures."

Yes, I expect they can collect 2,000 signatures easily, but how many of those are landowners in the affected 5 counties? How many are having their lands ruined and their rights as private property owners trampled by USFWS? I find it so typical that Pacelle places himself in front of a picture of red wolf pups looking so cute and innocent. Wolves/coyotes are wildlife destroyers. I thought from the beginning in 1987 that it was about as stupid as anything I ever heard to introduce an apex predator into ARNWR and believe they would be contained there. Now that they are no longer isolated from coyotes, the problem will grow worse. The little red wolf DNA which does remain will be further hybridized and diluted spreading a super coyote across all of eastern NC and only God knows where else. Apparently Pacelle, Jones, et al consider this a good thing, or as someone once said, "Follow the money."

Status
Not open for further replies.