"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Conclusion? The Red Wolf is still extinct and has been for 40+ years. Coyotes are alive and well. The government continues to prove that it is a corrupt confiscator of tax dollars with the agenda of a few with power. They have a ton of money and still can't do anything right.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I can respect trusting those you have talked with before I don't trust any of the folks i have met down east. I don't respect the total lack of respect for a man giving an opposing opinion base on his experience hunting in an area of the state where you must actually hunt to kill a deer. Hunting in the east ain't hunting it more like shooting cows. I guess it is a good thing you admin folks are here to keep opposing opinions to a minimum. Good ol boys at work. Keep you eye and minds shut. I won't bother trying to point out the obvious. new fangled forums ain't any better than face to face coffee sessions except it is easier to disrespect mans opinion when you ain't looking a man in the face. Hope you enjoy your scape goat hunts. I really so wish the state and feds would sell off their holding and turn thing back over to the private sector for management. Seems like that worked real good in the past. I'm out of here.

So hunting some of the thickest nasty hard to clear areas is like shooting cows?

We have a coyote issue on the club too and I was glad to get the chance to remove 2 of them. One was red phased and several people commented on how it was likely one of the hybrids. Couldn't care less if it was or not it was gonna get shot regardless since it was on private land.

nc rabbit hunter

Ive always liked the ones with flies blowing em when I walk by!!! Seen some giants where we hunt at down by Pocosin.

CarolinaWildlife

Ten Pointer
Let a couple of these wolf/coyote hybrids show up around Chapel Hill in the Governor's Club Community....and maybe then it will hit the 6 o'clock news.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Conclusion? The Red Wolf is still extinct and has been for 40+ years. Coyotes are alive and well.
This is the most telling fact that the feds and animal rights folks can't refute. My question is this; How do you restore a suspect species that has been declared extinct??

><>

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
This is the most telling fact that the feds and animal rights folks can't refute. My question is this; How do you restore a suspect species that has been declared extinct??

><>

Only our omnipotent government can do the impossible...

bfnc2003

Twelve Pointer
Best of luck to those facing this battle on the home front. I can only assume that these hybridized dogs in due time will surely continue to expand. I'm watching an explosion of yotes take over some newly cleared land. With no hunting allowed the last 3 years it's turned into a puppy mill. Good thing is I can legally kill these. Best of luck to you guys, my emails were sent months ago.
asugahe6.jpg

Jett

Ten Pointer
Look at who is petitioning OUR NCWRC to save coyotes and red wolves.

Scroll through the list of petitioners and notice their addresses. Absolutely amazing!!!!! I guess these folks from foreign countries and other states think they have a vested interest in our state and somehow know what's best for NC wildlife.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/827/548/160/

Jett

Ten Pointer
The red wolf issue has become very fluid in recent days as a result of the members on this forum, newspaper articles and strategically placed letters. We have a very good chance to prevail and I sincerely appreciate the assistance you all have provided. As you can see from the petition above, we have a very organized and powerful opposition.

We, on the other hand, represent a grass roots effort of true stakeholders in this issue. I ask each of you to pass a link of this thread and Fred Bonner's article far and wide. Send the links to all your friends, club members, elected officials and commissioners. Simply copy and paste the below links and pass them along please.

http://www.nchuntandfish.com/forums/showthread.php?95624-quot-Red-Wolf-quot-restoration-scandal

http://compassnews360.com/node/2013/11/27/coyote-wolf-hybrid-trapped-killed-in-arapahoe/

Last edited:

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Look at who is petitioning OUR NCWRC to save coyotes and red wolves.

Scroll through the list of petitioners and notice their addresses. Absolutely amazing!!!!! I guess these folks from foreign countries and other states think they have a vested interest in our state and somehow know what's best for NC wildlife.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/827/548/160/
Nothing new. These folks have the resources to sit in an office and file lawsuits all over the world. A lot of people who send money to "animal" groups and have no idea what is actually done with the money.
Most of the poop stirrers are from out of state, trying to push their twisted agenda on others. They often win, more often than not , sadly.

Thanks for bringing attention to the issue. Keep up the good fight.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I own land in Tyrrell county strictly for hunting. I have seen no decrease of game that i can attribute to wolves. In fact, I have seen and increase in turkeys, ducks, hogs, deer, and bear. The only animals that have been reduced recently are quail and rabbits and i believe this is due ot change in farming practices and loss of habitat. I believe we have coyotes due to them being released for hunting and an eastern migration. The Hogs certainly didnt migrate here, so we know hunters are bringing outside species in to hunt and if they are bringing hogs, whats to say they arent bringing in yotes. That being said, I am sorry for the problems you are experiencing jett. I read most of the original posts butsimply skimmed some so i may have missed it, but what do you propose to deal with this issue?? Eradicate them all??

Last edited:

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I simply skimmed your originals letters and posts, but what do you propose to deal with this issue?? Eradicate them all??[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good plan to me. SSS

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
What the hell your going to erase everything I have posted simply because I called a dummy a dummy. All part of the liberal agenda to rob my of my freedoms. Heard of freedom of speech? Your going to deny a man the right to call a spade a spade.

Lol....I'm all for freedom of speech....but you are on a privately owned site... his house, his rules.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
That U and I are way to close together on the keyboard...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jett

Ten Pointer
Sorry I was not around yesterday to respond to questions. I believe someone wanted to know exactly which animal, coyote or wolf, I was so opposed to. As if one may be preferred to the other. If myself or anyone else could identify exactly what occupies my farm, absent a DNS test, I may be able to answer this. For example, here are just three cam pics from yesterday.

Collared critter
collar 2.jpg

Uncollared critter
no collar2.jpg

foxy looking critter
fox.jpg

Keep in mind this is just from yesterday. David Rabon and Leo Miranda of USFWS were given far superior daylight pictures and said they could not tell what the animals were. Hence the "conservationists'" desire for an injunction against all coyote hunting and wishfully all hunting in general.

Jett

Ten Pointer
kahunter,
I am glad your wildlife has not been affected. Mine absolutely has. Let me explain why.

Wolves are sort of like homing pigeons. They live where they are born for at least two years or more. If you were unfortunate enough to have a pack colonize on your farm, you could kiss your wildlife goodby. I have two packs that use my farm. My farm serves as the core area for one of the largest packs in the red wolf program. I know this because of my meetings both Red Wolf directors, Bud Fazio and David Rabon. Below is a summary for "my core area pack":

my pack 3.jpg

In 2010 my farm supported 10 KNOWN wolves. In 2006, my farm served as the core area for a pack of 15 KNOWN wolves. Now it is hard to find good data about how many deer a wolf eats in a year and I believe this fact is intentionally hidden. I have seen numbers from 20 to 50 per year. You do the math. I was told by the USFWS that since I managed my farm for wildlife, it was only natural that THEIR wolves were attracted to MY farm. Whether my wildlife was eaten or scared away, I can not tell you, but they are gone!!!

When USFWS realized I was using the wolf count data to build my case about the impact of a pack on one's property this is what happened in their reports:

"The Pack Summaries section has been indefinitely discontinued due to recent events and current circumstances involving the apparent illegal take of red wolves within the Red Wolf Recovery Area"
http://www.fws.gov/redwolf/Images/20131112_RedWolf_QtrReport_FY13-04.pdf

For exactly the reason kahunter mentions is why I am trying to bring this matter to the public's attention. I can only imagine what will happen when one of these packs colonizes on one our prime deer clubs in Bertie county. It is hard to imagine the effects until you have experienced it first hand.

Again I ask for your support before a wolf/hybrid/coywolf/coyote pack comes to a farm near you.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I was hoping someone was going to say it first. But I guess Ill have to. The facts given by Jett and the boys are contradictory over this whole wolf not really a wolf controversy. First its a wolf then its a coyote, its terrifying Jetts kids, which makes me think there is something wrong with Jetts kids to be so afraid of coyotes. And then none of his friends will come over because they too are terrified. Well what kinds of sissies is Jett hanging out with that they are so terrified of this coyote? Is that how they act in Raliegh or something? No Jetts kids are fine and Jetts friends aren't afaid of coyotes. Fact is. Its all a load of bulldohickey. I think the real reason Jett and the Con man are in such and uproar over this (as they should be) is because they know the red wolf was part of plot orchestrated by the federal government to take our guns away and violate our 2nd Amdendment rights. Think about it, libtards released an animal in the middle of hunting central and the Federal Government tell us we cant shoot it. HAHA who do they think they are dealing with? But a course we are going to shoot it. DUH. The federal government aint stupid ya know . So now they have an excuse to take are guns away ands violate the our 2nd Amendment Rights You want to keep me from driven drunk then your going to have to take my car away cause take my license has never worked so well HAHA if you know what I mean. So when jackbooted Obumer army invades my property and attacks my gun cabnet they can say its all for the purpose of upholdin federal laws. Petowey I say to that. Over my dead rotten corpse. Now that the elephant in the chat room has been exposed what do you fellows intend to do about it?

I love your posts buddy,,,constant reason to pop pop corn---get rid of the tin foil. SSS if you want to do something to fight the power.

Last edited:

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Be interesting to know what our troll, I mean Duck Hunter, friend's IP address is. What do you say Tip, a wolf in sheep's clothing among us like I've suspected all along?

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Anyone that thinks these things don't impact wildlife in a area, needs to take a stroll through the agriculture area at Alligator River NWR and then talk to folks about how many deer used to be there compared to how many are there now. The only thing that has changed in that area is the introduction of these "wolves".

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Be interesting to know what our troll, I mean Duck Hunter, friend's IP address is. What do you say Tip, a wolf in sheep's clothing among us like I've suspected all along?

Interesting. The registered email corresponds to one Captain Sterling Vorus. Go ahead and google him. He seems to be some kind of big deal. And the IP address used for registration is 201.54.45.48 out of brazil. He's also registered another acct, andrew, which won't see the light of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.