"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Eco-Terrorism this is a MUST WATCH!!

[video=youtube;eFhx9o30fps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhx9o30fps&feature=youtube_gdata_player [/video]

Jett

Ten Pointer
"$1000, for the youngest hunter - dead or alive" Marc Fried

To: cynthia_dohner <cynthia_dohner@fws.gov>; leopoldo_miranda <leopoldo_miranda@fws.gov>; d_m_ashe <d_m_ashe@fws.gov>; Secretary_jewell <Secretary_jewell@ios.doi.gov>; dick <dick@ncwf.org>; ncago <ncago@ncdoj.gov>; gordon.myers <gordon.myers@ncwildlife.org>

Date: Wed, Oct 8, 2014 9:45 pm

attachment.php

Screen_Shot_2014-10-08_at_9.42.56_PM.jpg

Marc Fried I'm thinking of launching my own Derby - $1000. for the biggest Hunter caught - dead or alive, $1000, for the youngest hunter - dead or alive, and $3,000 for the most hunters bagged - again dead or alive. My own preference is for the dead - as it is much easier to transport to the Derby tent...
"}" href="https://www.facebook.com/WisconsinWolfFront#" role="button" title="Like this comment" data-reactid=".3p.1:3:1:$comment291322017725548_291334067724343:0.0.$right.0.$left.0.3.$likeToggle:0"Like · Reply · 1 · October 2 at 12:24pm

https://www.facebook.com/WisconsinWolfFront

Last edited:

Aythya

Eight Pointer
I think that waist deep black mud on the north shore of Mattamuskeet about a mile west of Osprey Nest camp ground would make a good hidey place :D Some nice big water lizards in Rose Bay Canal, too. Hungry......

Jett

Ten Pointer
From The ENDANGERED WOLF CENTER Facebook Page:

attachment.php

Screen_Shot_2014-10-11_at_7_54_33_AM_and_Orion_CellBase_-_F14005E6.jpg

Remember, the Endangered Wolf Center sent a representative from Eureka, Missouri to speak at the recent public hearing in Columbia, NC.

Here is a quote from their representative and Director Of Animal Care and Conservation:

"The issue is the landowners' disdain for government regulations. Unfortunately, the red wolf has become the misplaced target for their frustration," Mossotti said. She was in North Carolina recently testifying on behalf of conservation efforts at heated public hearings.

Read more: http://www.websterkirkwoodtimes.com...114137-Saving-The-Red-Wolf.html#ixzz3EVdOx8tW

I am pretty sure it was the Government's disdain for their own regulations that was/is the issue!

What a twisted world this wolf cult lives in...

I can't imagine what their "Kids Korner" booth had to share...

Yep, these are the folks telling USFWS what should happen on our private land in eastern NC.

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
I wonder how much Marc Fried donated to Red Wolf Coalition?

attachment.php

Screen_Shot_2014-10-12_at_4_41_48_AM_and_Orion_CellBase_-_F14005E6.jpg

Remember, the Executive Director of the Red Wolf Coalition said this:

"my perfect world would be to not have any hunting in that five county recovery area."

http://wunc.org/post/are-people-conf...wolves-coyotes

Remember David Rabon, USFWS red wolf coordinator, was on the Red Wolf Coalition Board of Directors.

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
Private Landowners fight back in Oregon

Listen to this:

Oregon Wolf Education
October 5 · Edited
Listen to our Wolf Report titled "Bordering on the Criminal" on our website:

http://www.wolfed.org/download/owe_.../2014_wolf_reports/Wolf Report 2014_10_03.mp3

Here is their web site:
http://www.wolfed.org/mission-statement/

Here is their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Wolf-Education/572309832788650

Oregon Wolf Education shared a link.
October 6

The Red Wolf restoration in North Carolina has been dubbed "This will likely be largest Wildlife Disaster to ever impact the State of North Carolina"

More info at this forum:
http://www.nchuntandfish.com/forums/showthread.php?95624-quot-Red-Wolf-quot-restoration-scandal
"Red Wolf" restoration scandal
www.nchuntandfish.com

9/20/14 Update: For those just now joining us, this Red Wolf Restoration Scandal has now evolved into a $30,000,000 tax payer funded violation of the Administrative Procedures Act by USFWS as they illegally...

LikeLike · · Share
Oregon Wolf Education shared a link.

October 6
The USFWS are illegally releasing red wolves and red wolf/coyote hybrids on private land in North Carolina.

http://vimeo.com/107308504
http://vimeo.com/97250902

Oregon Wolf Education:
A Google search brings up disturbing information regarding private property rights infringement in the name of the Red Wolf.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Red+Wolf+Restoration+Scandal

Last edited:

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:And where is the NCWRC.......these people admitted that they trapped live deer and threw them in a fence for wolves to kill. If one of us decided to do the same to feed live deer to our hounds [same thing since they did not have a permit to do it] we would be in jail, broke or both thanks to the NCWRC.:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:And where is the NCWRC.......these people admitted that they trapped live deer and threw them in a fence for wolves to kill. If one of us decided to do the same to feed live deer to our hounds [same thing since they did not have a permit to do it] we would be in jail, broke or both thanks to the NCWRC.:mad::mad::mad:

128 Days... and nothing

USFWS Red Wolf Recovery Team Reported for Alleged Wildlife Violations by Jett Ferebee

NCWRC Officer Robert Wayne
xxxx xxxx
Englehard, NC 27824
via certified letter 6/10/14

Officer Wayne,

I would like to report the following alleged wildlife violations in your region.

1. 31 counts of sterilization of coyotes without a permit.
This activity apparently involves USFWS biologists and the veterinary clinics that performed the sterilizations.

Evidence:

From USFWS January - March 2013 Quarterly Report -

http://www.fws.gov/redwolf/Images/20...rt_FY13-02.pdf

"Thirty-one coyotes were captured and released during the quarter, 29 of which were first-time captures. All captured coyotes were sterilized before being radio-collared and released, and consisted of eight males and 23 females."

USFWS had no sterilization permit during this time period.

It is my strong belief that this activity was repeated again from January through May of 2014. The USFWS reports for this period have not been published. USFWS keeps a "canid book" which will have the information you need.

There was no sterilization permit in place for this period either.

In addition, I believe USFWS has been sterilizing coyotes in our State for almost 15 years. Please cross-reference the trapping and sterilization documentation in their quarterly reports with the issuance of the required permits during this time period. There are likely hundreds of violations.

2. Trapping out of season without a permit.

Evidence:

See the above referenced evidence.

Additionally, this USFWS presentation documents their trapping schedule is daily September through April.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4hb...FPakRWSXM/edit

"&#8226;&#8239; Trapping (Sept-April) &#8226;&#8239; Daily"

3. Trapping on the land of another without written permission.

Evidence:

I have requested information regarding this activity from USFWS and have not yet received it. Since 90% of the red wolf packs and the vast majority of coyotes occur on private land, I suspect this activity to be rampant. Again, the USFWS "canid book" information and lack of written permission from landowners should suffice as evidence. I have additional first hand information if you need it.

4. Releasing coyotes on the land of another without permission.

Evidence:
"FWS biologists have also tried bringing in sterilized coyotes to the area. The idea is those sterile animals will keep other coyotes out of the wolf territory and lower the risk of hybridization."

http://www.timberwolfinformation.org...n-controversy/

I suspect coyotes were trapped, sterilized and released on my farm in Tyrrell Co. in the Spring and Summer of 2013 by USFWS biologists. I never granted permission for anyone to release coyotes on my property. USFWS while at the office of the NCWRC Director was specifically directed by me to euthanize any trapped coyotes on my property. The USFWS should have this data. Again, the "canid book" should have this data.

It is well documented that USFWS regularly purchases coyotes from trappers. I can only assume these purchased coyotes are later released and likely released on private property without permission.

5. Purchase of live coyotes, entrapment, misrepresentation.

In the State of NC, it is illegal for wildlife to be bought and sold. One exception is that a coyote or fox may be sold only to a fox pen. Now, if special conditions that I am unaware of allow USFWS to purchase wildlife, will you confirm that these conditions were fully met at all times. It will be a real shame if local trappers (selling live coyotes to non fox pen buyer) and veterinarians (sterilization of wildlife) have jeopardized their livelihoods because they were led to believe that they were participating in a legal activity as it was represented to them by the USFWS. I will also copy Roy Cooper, as if my suspicions are correct, he will need to get involved in this matter.

Evidence:

&#8220;This year, we had 8 trappers participate and we paid out $5,200 for 32 coyotes and 10 red wolves.&#8221; 4/4/13 letter USFWS to RWC
I can provide this letter when necessary.

Officer Wayne, I take these alleged violations seriously and request to be updated regularly on their status.
Also, are you comfortable that the deer used to feed the wolves in the acclimation pens and also the deer that are laced with medications and wormers for the "wild" wolves are taken legally (all required permits and landowner permissions)? Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Jett Ferebee
701 Treybrooke Circle
Greenville, NC 27834
(252) 714-2774
jettferebee@aol.com

cc:
Gordon Myers, Director, North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
Roy Cooper, NC Attorney General

MEDIA CONTACT:
(252) 714-2774
jettferebee@aol.com

http://www.nchuntandfish.com/forums...r-Alleged-Wildlife-Violations-by-Jett-Ferebee

Jett

Ten Pointer

28 Days... and nothing

NC Governor Pat McCroy
NC Attorney General Roy Cooper
Secretary of Interior Sally Jewell
USFWS Director Dan Ashe
NC Congressman Walter Jones
NC Senator Kay Hagan
NC Senator Richard Burr

September 18, 2014

Dear Leaders and Representatives,

In 1986 and 1995, through 50 CFR Part 17 Rules for the Nonessential Experimental Populations of Red Wolves in North Carolina, USFWS assured the citizens of NC that wolves would only be released on the Federal Refuge land of the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge and the Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge.

Through these same rules, USFWS further assured the citizens of NC that any wolves leaving these refuges would be immediately captured and returned to these refuges.

In a text book violation of the Administrative Procedures Act, USFWS then proceeded to release 64 out of 132 wolves onto private lands throughout the five counties of Dare, Hyde, Beaufort, Tyrrell and Washington. After repeated requests by private landowners over many years, USFWS has failed to remove their wolves from the private land.

Enclosed, please find the USFWS correspondence confirming the illegal releases of these wolves onto private lands in eastern NC. Also, you will find over 500 recent private landowner requests from these counties asking that these wolves not be allowed on their land. I believe these landowners include both Republicans and Democrats, so this should not be a political issue. In addition to the unwanted USFWS experimental wolves on our private land, we now have a fully and Federally protected coyote on our private land.

I believe we are still a Nation of laws and I am asking for each of you to now engage and protect the private landowners of these counties that you represent. I ask that you investigate these violations and enforce our laws.

Sincerely,

Jett Ferebee

701 Treybrooke Circle
Greenville, NC 27834
(252) 714 2774
jettferebee@aol.com

Package sent via USPS
certified mail

Office of the Governor
Governor Pat McCroy
20301 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-0301

Attorney General&#8217;s Office
Attorney General Roy Cooper
9001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-9001

Department of the Interior
Secretary of Interior Sally Jewell
1849 C Street, N.W.
Washington DC 20240

MAIN INTERIOR
USFWS Director Dan Ashe
1849 C STREET NW, ROOM 3331
WASHINGTON, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 20240-0001
Congressman Walter Jones
2333 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515

Senator Kay Hagan
521 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Senator Richard Burr
217 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Take 'em

Six Pointer
When the 6 month ban ends (Nov. 13th) I believe, then what happens? Is the judge supposed to have a final ruling before that date, or does he re-issue, or does coyote hunting re-open in the five counties? Should be interesting to see what happens after Saturday. Will the quarter wolves start turning up deceased even without coyote hunting? And if so, will Kim Wheeler take that as a further reason to get her desire of "No Hunting" in any of the 5 counties. What I don't understand is why the people to the west don't seem to understand that it is coming to them as well. If a fed judge can close private land in 5 counties to coyote hunting, he can close it to all hunting with impunity. If he can close it in 5 counties to protect a non-existent true red wolf, then he can close hunting anywhere west, north, or south to protect them as they migrate along the preconceived egress routes.

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
What I don't understand is why the people to the west don't seem to understand that it is coming to them as well. If a fed judge can close private land in 5 counties to coyote hunting, he can close it to all hunting with impunity. If he can close it in 5 counties to protect a non-existent true red wolf, then he can close hunting anywhere west, north, or south to protect them as they migrate along the preconceived egress routes.

There is no doubt the liberal activist judges have way too much control. There is no doubt that they trample on our God Given rights!

The reality is that without taking up arms against the aggressor what else can be done? You let me know a politician that will actually respond to their constituents and go to battle for us. They all seem to ignore us and are never held accountable.

odie408

Ten Pointer
In T.D. Beelands The Secret World of Red Wolves ,page 211 states," the wolves were only granted NEP status when they were on national wildlife refuge and national park lands. When not on those lands, they are treated as a proposed species rather than a listed species (meaning that they are treated as a species that is proposed for listing on the Endangered Species Act but not a species that is actually listed). This renders the red wolf's protection status on private and state lands a very murky gray". This is a really good read for wolf lovers as well as wolf haters,lots of good usefull information.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
In T.D. Beelands The Secret World of Red Wolves ,page 211 states," the wolves were only granted NEP status when they were on national wildlife refuge and national park lands. When not on those lands, they are treated as a proposed species rather than a listed species (meaning that they are treated as a species that is proposed for listing on the Endangered Species Act but not a species that is actually listed). This renders the red wolf's protection status on private and state lands a very murky gray". This is a really good read for wolf lovers as well as wolf haters,lots of good usefull information.

All should buy the book!!

landowner rights

Happy Hunting Season.... For the 500+ landowners who submitted their wolf removal forms months ago I guess the remaining wolves on private lands have been abandoned.... Let me repeat.... Happy Hunting Season

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Attention All - If you inadvertently take a Red Wolf by mistaken identy while otherwise pursuing a legal activity (Coyote, Deer etc Hunting) "Outside" the "Five" County Area NO REPORTING is required at all.

Just , FYI given Red Wolves have been documented in Goldsboro, Morehead City Limits and Pender County, "Govern" yourself accordingly!!!

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
I'm confused...does this mean the program has finally been ended?

No more throwing good money after bad science?

No, the review was extended due to an overwhelming response of public input. It's very likely most of the input required a translator!!

There has never been any reporting requirement outside the 5 County area! The Wolf does not enjoy its protected status in these 95 Counties. Remember is a "Non-Essental" / "Expermental" Population!!

And back to your point, let's hope the most expensive experiment in USFWS history ($30,000,000.00) will soon be over!!

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
As peoples cats and dogs are being mauled and or eating, the number of people against the wolf grow. Walter B. Jones is getting a lot of e-mails that I am sure are going to be ignored about this problem. Walter helped get the wolf started here and will do nothing to help end this problem. Maybe after the election we can get some help from someone else.

Jett

Ten Pointer
Proposed Coyote Suit Settlement Order

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF NORTH CAROLINA NORTHERN DIVISION

NO. 2:13-cv-00060-BO

RED WOLF COALITION, DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE, AND ANIMAL WELFARE INSTITUTE,
Plaintiffs,
v.
JIM COGDELL, JOHN LITTON CLARK, JOE C. BARKER, III, WES SEEGARS, NAT
T. HARRIS, JR., JOSEPH BUDD, DAVID W. HOYLE, JR., WENDELL (DELL) MURPHY, ) MARK CRAIG, THOMAS A. BERRY, ) GARRY SPENCE, JOHN T. COLEY, IV, ) VERNON (RAY) CLIFTON, JR., THOMAS L. FONVILLE, RICHARD EDWARDS, MICHELL HICKS, TIMOTHY L. SPEAR, in their official capacities as Commissioners of the North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission; GORDON S. MYERS, in his official capacity as Executive Director of the ) North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, Defendants.

PROPOSED ORDER

Upon consideration of the Joint Motion for Modification of Preliminary Injunction and Stay of Proceedings, it is this day of , 2014,

ORDERED, that the Motion is GRANTED; ORDERED, that proceedings in this matter are stayed;

ORDERED, that the Parties shall provide status reports to this Court every six (6) months for the duration of the stay;
and it is further

ORDERED that the preliminary injunction entered by this Court on May 13, 2014, is modified in accordance with the terms of Attachment A to the Settlement Agreement between the Parties, such that in the counties of Dare, Hyde, Washington, Tyrrell and Beaufort (hereinafter, the &#8220;five counties&#8221;), the following applies:

(1) Coyote hunting on public lands is prohibited, except that coyotes may be taken on State-owned game lands by the holder of a permit or license for a specific special hunt opportunity for coyotes authorized by G.S. 113-264(d). Any special hunt for coyotes pursuant to G.S. 113-264(d) shall only allow hunting from the hours of one-half hour before sunrise until one-half hour after sunset. Contests or competition coyote hunts on public lands are prohibited. If, within a calendar year, two or more red wolves are shot by one or more hunters with a valid special hunt permit for coyotes on State game lands within the five counties, all special hunt opportunities for coyotes on State game lands within those five counties shall be suspended for one calendar year.

(2) There is no closed season for taking coyotes on private lands. Coyotes may be taken on private lands from the hours of one-half hour before sunrise until one- half hour after sunset only.

(3) Coyotes may be taken on private lands by permit only, and any take shall be reported within 24 hours to the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.

(4) Coyote hunting permits are in addition to hunting licenses. Individuals exempted from license requirements under the provisions specified in G.S. 113-276 must still acquire the coyote hunting permits to hunt coyotes in the five counties. Coyote hunting permits are valid for one calendar year and subject to annual renewal. These permits are non-transferable. Permit holders must submit their harvest reports in order to be eligible for permit renewal.
Except as otherwise provided above, coyote hunting pursuant to 15A NCAC 10B .0219 in the counties of Dare, Hyde, Washington, Tyrrell and Beaufort remains preliminarily enjoined pending further action by this Court.

United States District Judge

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
Proposed Coyote Suit Settlement Order

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF NORTH CAROLINA NORTHERN DIVISION

NO. 2:13-cv-00060-BO

RED WOLF COALITION, DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE, AND ANIMAL WELFARE INSTITUTE,
Plaintiffs,
v.
JIM COGDELL, JOHN LITTON CLARK, JOE C. BARKER, III, WES SEEGARS, NAT
T. HARRIS, JR., JOSEPH BUDD, DAVID W. HOYLE, JR., WENDELL (DELL) MURPHY, ) MARK CRAIG, THOMAS A. BERRY, ) GARRY SPENCE, JOHN T. COLEY, IV, ) VERNON (RAY) CLIFTON, JR., THOMAS L. FONVILLE, RICHARD EDWARDS, MICHELL HICKS, TIMOTHY L. SPEAR, in their official capacities as Commissioners of the North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission; GORDON S. MYERS, in his official capacity as Executive Director of the ) North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, Defendants.

PROPOSED ORDER

Upon consideration of the Joint Motion for Modification of Preliminary Injunction and Stay of Proceedings, it is this day of , 2014,

ORDERED, that the Motion is GRANTED; ORDERED, that proceedings in this matter are stayed;

ORDERED, that the Parties shall provide status reports to this Court every six (6) months for the duration of the stay;
and it is further

ORDERED that the preliminary injunction entered by this Court on May 13, 2014, is modified in accordance with the terms of Attachment A to the Settlement Agreement between the Parties, such that in the counties of Dare, Hyde, Washington, Tyrrell and Beaufort (hereinafter, the &#8220;five counties&#8221;), the following applies:

(1) Coyote hunting on public lands is prohibited, except that coyotes may be taken on State-owned game lands by the holder of a permit or license for a specific special hunt opportunity for coyotes authorized by G.S. 113-264(d). Any special hunt for coyotes pursuant to G.S. 113-264(d) shall only allow hunting from the hours of one-half hour before sunrise until one-half hour after sunset. Contests or competition coyote hunts on public lands are prohibited. If, within a calendar year, two or more red wolves are shot by one or more hunters with a valid special hunt permit for coyotes on State game lands within the five counties, all special hunt opportunities for coyotes on State game lands within those five counties shall be suspended for one calendar year.

(2) There is no closed season for taking coyotes on private lands. Coyotes may be taken on private lands from the hours of one-half hour before sunrise until one- half hour after sunset only.

(3) Coyotes may be taken on private lands by permit only, and any take shall be reported within 24 hours to the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.

(4) Coyote hunting permits are in addition to hunting licenses. Individuals exempted from license requirements under the provisions specified in G.S. 113-276 must still acquire the coyote hunting permits to hunt coyotes in the five counties. Coyote hunting permits are valid for one calendar year and subject to annual renewal. These permits are non-transferable. Permit holders must submit their harvest reports in order to be eligible for permit renewal.
Except as otherwise provided above, coyote hunting pursuant to 15A NCAC 10B .0219 in the counties of Dare, Hyde, Washington, Tyrrell and Beaufort remains preliminarily enjoined pending further action by this Court.

United States District Judge

Judge must still sign this.
It is called sue and settle and we just lost our rights to night hunting with no input into the process.
Yep, red wolf program will not negatively impact any legal activity on private property...
What a joke. I wonder what rights we will lose next.

Jett

Ten Pointer
MY FOIA REQUEST:

FOIA Request for USFWS Permit to Possess and "Heave" Live Deer into Enclosed Wolf Pens
To: sharneka_harvey <sharneka_harvey@fws.gov>; leopoldo_miranda <leopoldo_miranda@fws.gov>; joshua.bowlen <joshua.bowlen@mail.house.gov>; BettyJo_Shepheard <BettyJo_Shepheard@burr.senate.gov>; Brandy_Warwick <Brandy_Warwick@hagan.senate.gov>; gordon.myers <gordon.myers@ncwildlife.org>; MartinaB <MartinaB@petaf.org>; CIDinfo <CIDinfo@PETA.org>

Dear Ms. Harvey,

The below excerpts are disturbing for many reasons. Please provide the required permits necessary for USFWS biologists to capture, possess, heave and feed live game animals to wolves located in high fenced enclosed pens. Also, just because you should know, included is disgusting information regarding experimentation with "borrowed mutts" from the Dare Co. pound.

I would like the permit information regarding capturing, heaving and feeding live game animals to penned wolves in whatever format is most cost effective for the Service.

I am a private citizen and will pay the costs up to $1,000 without the need for you to ask my permission.

If I missed something please let me know.

Thanks,

Jett Ferebee

Greenville, NC 27834
(252) 714 2774

"To prepare for the release of the first pairs of red wolves, the biologist several months earlier had begun giving the wolves wild fare instead of dog food. Every few days, they pitched dead raccoons, possums, muskrats, rabbits, and road-killed deer over the pen fences".

"But it was uncertain if the captive-born wolves still had their wild chase instincts intact".

"To test this, the biologist experimented by HEAVING LIVE PREY into the pens, starting with raccoons and nutria and culminating in a deer".

"When the wolves successfully chased and killed their confined prey, the team had good reason to be hopeful".

"(Today the biologist say they wold never repeat an experiment like this for fear of lawsuits from animal-rights groups, but it reflects the deep unknowns in the early days of the program".)

pg 172, T. Delene Beeland (Book) The Secret World of Red Wolves

"Parker found out that his mentor, David Mech, had previously cooked up an idea for a "Recapture Collar." "The device contained typical telemetry gear but also two darts filled with a tranquilizer dose, positioned to fire into the neck muscles to the left and right of the spine".

"The darts discharged their drug load by remote detonation". "However, earlier test of the collars at Alligator River showed they had a very short signal range for the device that triggered the drug-filled darts".

"On more than one occasion, the red wolf team borrowed mutts from the Dare County pound and fitted them with the test collars".

"When the system worked, the dogs yelped, teetered drunkenly, and then collapsed after a few minutes".

Pg 171, T. Delene Beeland (Book) The Secret World of Red Wolves

USFWS RESPONSE:

In Reply Refer To: FWS/R4/ES/2015-00016

FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE
1875 Century Boulevard
Ao1cT f17a 2(614

Mr. Jett Ferebee

Greenville, North Carolina 27834

Dear Mr. Ferebee:

This responds to your October 6, 2014 Freedom of lnformation Act (FOIA) request in which you requested information on permits necessary for the Fish and Wildlife Service to capture, possess, heave, and feed live game animals to wolves located in high fenced enclosed pens.

We have carefully searched our files and have found no documents responsive to your request.

If you consider this response to be a denial, you may appeal this response to the FOIA Appeals Officer. The FOIA Appeals Officer must receive your FOIA appeal no later than 30 workdays from the date of this final letter responding to your FOIA request. Appeals arriving or delivered after 5 p.m. E.T., Monday through Friday, will be deemed received on the next workday. Your appeal must be in writing and addressed to:

Freedom of Information Act Appeals Officer
U.S. Department of the Interior Office of the Solicitor
1849 C Street, NW, MS 6556
Washington, D.C. 20240

Last edited:

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
MY FOIA REQUEST:

FOIA Request for USFWS Permit to Possess and "Heave" Live Deer into Enclosed Wolf Pens
To: sharneka_harvey <sharneka_harvey@fws.gov>; leopoldo_miranda <leopoldo_miranda@fws.gov>; joshua.bowlen <joshua.bowlen@mail.house.gov>; BettyJo_Shepheard <BettyJo_Shepheard@burr.senate.gov>; Brandy_Warwick <Brandy_Warwick@hagan.senate.gov>; gordon.myers <gordon.myers@ncwildlife.org>; MartinaB <MartinaB@petaf.org>; CIDinfo <CIDinfo@PETA.org>

Dear Ms. Harvey,

The below excerpts are disturbing for many reasons. Please provide the required permits necessary for USFWS biologists to capture, possess, heave and feed live game animals to wolves located in high fenced enclosed pens. Also, just because you should know, included is disgusting information regarding experimentation with "borrowed mutts" from the Dare Co. pound.

I would like the permit information regarding capturing, heaving and feeding live game animals to penned wolves in whatever format is most cost effective for the Service.

I am a private citizen and will pay the costs up to $1,000 without the need for you to ask my permission.

Thanks,

Jett Ferebee

Greenville, NC 27834
(252) 714 2774

"To prepare for the release of the first pairs of red wolves, the biologist several months earlier had begun giving the wolves wild fare instead of dog food. Every few days, they pitched dead raccoons, possums, muskrats, rabbits, and road-killed deer over the pen fences".

"But it was uncertain if the captive-born wolves still had their wild chase instincts intact".

"To test this, the biologist experimented by HEAVING LIVE PREY into the pens, starting with raccoons and nutria and culminating in a deer".

"When the wolves successfully chased and killed their confined prey, the team had good reason to be hopeful".

"(Today the biologist say they wold never repeat an experiment like this for fear of lawsuits from animal-rights groups, but it reflects the deep unknowns in the early days of the program".)

"Parker found out that his mentor, David Mech, had previously cooked up an idea for a "Recapture Collar." "The device contained typical telemetry gear but also two darts filled with a tranquilizer dose, positioned to fire into the neck muscles to the left and right of the spine".

"The darts discharged their drug load by remote detonation". "However, earlier test of the collars at Alligator River showed they had a very short signal range for the device that triggered the drug-filled darts".

"On more than one occasion, the red wolf team borrowed mutts from the Dare County pound and fitted them with the test collars".

"When the system worked, the dogs yelped, teetered drunkenly, and then collapsed after a few minutes".

USFWS RESPONSE:

In Reply Refer To: FWS/R4/ES/2015-00016

FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE
1875 Century Boulevard
Ao1cT f17a 2(614

Mr. Jett Ferebee

Greenville, North Carolina 27834

Dear Mr. Ferebee:

This responds to your October 6, 2014 Freedom of lnformation Act (FOIA) request in which you requested information on permits necessary for the Fish and Wildlife Service to capture, possess, heave, and feed live game animals to wolves located in high fenced enclosed pens.

We have carefully searched our files and have found no documents responsive to your request.

If you consider this response to be a denial, you may appeal this response to the FOIA Appeals Officer. The FOIA Appeals Officer must receive your FOIA appeal no later than 30 workdays from the date of this final letter responding to your FOIA request. Appeals arriving or delivered after 5 p.m. E.T., Monday through Friday, will be deemed received on the next workday. Your appeal must be in writing and addressed to:

Freedom of Information Act Appeals Officer
U.S. Department of the Interior Office of the Solicitor
1849 C Street, NW, MS 6556
Washington, D.C. 20240

Wow they just admitted that they broke the law.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Yes more documented illegally activity by USFWS. Just when you thought the headline could not get any better&#8230;

"USFWS Illegally Stocks (64) Critically Endangered Species on Private Land with No Authorization"

Well it does&#8230; Illegally Heaving Live North Carolina Public Trust Assets over a Pen to observe Live Killings exercises!

Wonder how many of those Dare County Animal Shelter Pets were Heaved over the fence? Is that done after they have shot darts into their necks? Or after they enter a drunken stupor?

Red Wolf Restoration Scandal, Congressman Walter B Jones, Water Jones, Congressman Jones, Joey Hinton, Doc Hastings, House Committee on Natural Resources, Congress, Congressman Doc Hastings, ESA Oversight, Sue and Settle, Sue & Settle, T. Delaene Beeland, The Secret World of Red Wolves, Cornelia N. Hutt, Cornelia Hutt, Red Wolf Coalition, FOX, FOX News, ABC, ABC News, NBC, NBC News, WRAL, WRAL News, Raleigh, Charlotte, Sean Hannity, Bill Oreilly, Bill O'Reilly, The Factor, Megan Kelly, Greta Van Susteren, N&O, News and Observer, Bob Pendergrass, Dan Nicholas Park, Kim Wheeler, Red Wolf Coalition, David Rabon, RWC Board Member, USFWS, Red Wolf, Hybridization, International Wolf Center, Rob Schultz, Nina Fascione, Defenders of Wildlife, ESA, Endangered Species Act, Nonessential Experimental Population, North Carolina, Alligator River Wildlife Refuge, Red Wolf Coordinator, Section 10(j), 5 - Year Summary, Captive Breeding, Reintroduction Area, Coyote, Coywolf, Coywolfs, Coy-wolf, Coywolfs, Predator Control, Service, Take Permit, Adaptive Management, Sterilization, Federal Game Lands, Fish and Wildlife Service, Animal Welfare Institute, Lawsuit, NCWRC, North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission, Depredation, 5 County Red Wolf Recovery Area, Hyde County, Beaufort County, Tyrrell County, Dare County, Washington County, Red Wolf Recovery Program, Reward, PHVA 1999, George Amato, Mike Chamberlain, Jennifer Gilbreath, Ed Bangs, Brian Cole, Karen Goodrowe, Karen Beck, Gloria Bell, Dave Flemming, Jack Grisham, Art Beyer, Randy Fulk, Mary Hagedorn, Mike Bryant, Todd Fuller, Phil Hedrick, Onnie Byers, Eric Gese, Gary Henry, Brian Kelly, Phil Miller, John Theberge, Fred Knowlton, Michael Morse, Mary Thebarge, Sue Lindsey, Dennis Murray, Kathy Traylor-Holzer, Chris Lucash, Ron Nowak, Will Waddell, Ford Mauney, Mike Phillips, Bob Wayne, Dave Mech, Ulysses Seal, Kathy Whidbee, Scott McLellan, Doug Smith, Aubrey White, Michael Stoskopf, Paul Wilson, Dan Ashe, Sally Jewell, Department of the Interior, Red Wolf Study, Peer Review, Peer Reviewed, Howlings, Columbia NC, Columbia

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Formal Congressional Oversight Investigation Requested by NC Private Landowner's!!

attachment.php

Private Landowners are "Heaving" Madd!!!

Formal Congressional Oversight Investigation Requested by NC Private Landowner's to have Congress look into this $30,000,000.00 Red Wolf Restoration Scandal.

Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:22 PM
To: jessalin.burchette@mail.house.gov
Cc: Ungerecht, Todd; Weaver, Kiel
Subject: FOIA Doc "Heaving Live Deer" to Red Wolves

Congresswoman Foxx,

Please allow me to summarize this most recent event below, in a long list of rogue mismanagement techniques used by the failed $30,000,000.00 Experimental Non-Essential Red Wolf Reintroduction Program (USFWS).

North Carolina's wildlife are held in the publics trust and are defined as such. Any native wildlife trapped, held, possessed or even illegally "Heaved" must be permitted by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission by way of a "Captivity Permit". This permit states all captive wildlife and wild birds must be "Humanly Treated" further they remain as property of the NC Public Trust for the enjoyment of all.

It has been well documented below that the USFWS used North Carolina's Wildlife to Illegally "Live Feed" their Red Wolves. Many of which (64) were Illegally stocked on private property without authorization by the USFWS in their published federal rule.

Please find the attached FOIA response received this week by USFWS, as they are unable to locate the required permit to trap, hold and possess our states wildlife. Additionally the action of "Heaving" Live Prey into a Wolf Pen is specifically prohibited in the permit they did not take the time to obtain.

The wildlife of North Carolina held in trust is for the enjoyment of all citizens, thus I'm sure those you serve within your district would be most supportive of you requesting immediate action on this most despicable act and behavior.

Again I'm most appreciative of your interest and willingness to get this to the correct parties. Specifically I'm requesting a formal inquiry through the office of Congressman Doc Hastings.

Kind Regards

To: sharneka_harvey <sharneka_harvey@fws.gov>; leopoldo_miranda <leopoldo_miranda@fws.gov>; joshua.bowlen <joshua.bowlen@mail.house.gov>; BettyJo_Shepheard <BettyJo_Shepheard@burr.senate.gov>; Brandy_Warwick <Brandy_Warwick@hagan.senate.gov>; gordon.myers <gordon.myers@ncwildlife.org>;

MartinaB <MartinaB@petaf.org>; CIDinfo <CIDinfo@PETA.org>

Date: Mon, Oct 6, 2014 3:04 pm

Dear Ms. Harvey,

Thanks,

Jett Ferebee

(252) 714 2774

Busted.jpg

Red Wolf Restoration Scandal, Congressman Walter B Jones, Water Jones, Congressman Jones, Joey Hinton, Doc Hastings, House Committee on Natural Resources, Congress, Congressman Doc Hastings, ESA Oversight, Sue and Settle, Sue & Settle, T. Delaene Beeland, The Secret World of Red Wolves, Cornelia N. Hutt, Cornelia Hutt, Red Wolf Coalition, FOX, FOX News, ABC, ABC News, NBC, NBC News, WRAL, WRAL News, Raleigh, Charlotte, Sean Hannity, Bill Oreilly, Bill O'Reilly, The Factor, Megan Kelly, Greta Van Susteren, N&O, News and Observer, Bob Pendergrass, Dan Nicholas Park, Kim Wheeler, Red Wolf Coalition, David Rabon, RWC Board Member, USFWS, Red Wolf, Hybridization, International Wolf Center, Rob Schultz, Nina Fascione, Defenders of Wildlife, ESA, Endangered Species Act, Nonessential Experimental Population, North Carolina, Alligator River Wildlife Refuge, Red Wolf Coordinator, Section 10(j), 5 - Year Summary, Captive Breeding, Reintroduction Area, Coyote, Coywolf, Coywolfs, Coy-wolf, Coywolfs, Predator Control, Service, Take Permit, Adaptive Management, Sterilization, Federal Game Lands, Fish and Wildlife Service, Animal Welfare Institute, Lawsuit, NCWRC, North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission, Depredation, 5 County Red Wolf Recovery Area, Hyde County, Beaufort County, Tyrrell County, Dare County, Washington County, Red Wolf Recovery Program, Reward, PHVA 1999, George Amato, Mike Chamberlain, Jennifer Gilbreath, Ed Bangs, Brian Cole, Karen Goodrowe, Karen Beck, Gloria Bell, Dave Flemming, Jack Grisham, Art Beyer, Randy Fulk, Mary Hagedorn, Mike Bryant, Todd Fuller, Phil Hedrick, Onnie Byers, Eric Gese, Gary Henry, Brian Kelly, Phil Miller, John Theberge, Fred Knowlton, Michael Morse, Mary Thebarge, Sue Lindsey, Dennis Murray, Kathy Traylor-Holzer, Chris Lucash, Ron Nowak, Will Waddell, Ford Mauney, Mike Phillips, Bob Wayne, Dave Mech, Ulysses Seal, Kathy Whidbee, Scott McLellan, Doug Smith, Aubrey White, Michael Stoskopf, Paul Wilson, Dan Ashe, Sally Jewell, Department of the Interior, Red Wolf Study, Peer Review, Peer Reviewed, Howlings, Columbia NC, Columbia

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Captivity License (the one USFWS did not take time to obtain)

attachment.php

Captivity License, "Prohibits" the "Heaving" or "Killing" of the States Wildlife!!!!!!!!!

Captive.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.