anybody hear the loud "BOOM" at 4:30am in denton area?

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I heard some auto gunfire last night and figured the Spec Forces guys were at it again, but 4:30am I heard an explosion that was probably a couple miles off, shook the house.

Anyone else hear/feel anything near farmer/denton?

Last edited:

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
I have been hearing loud "bangs" whatever in Thomasville for a week
or two now. Not as loud as you are talking about, but loud enough to
get my attention. Sounds like gunshots sometimes, others not so sure.

I never hear any sirens though, and can't tell where they are coming from.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Doubt the earthquake angle.

None of the local online news sources are reporting anything though.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
In light of the facts, I wonder if the shaking blew a transformer south of us.

That could explain both.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
They were talking about it in Ricks Resturant this morning. Seem some of the folks chalked it up to a small earthquake.

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
What time did Ronda get hit in the second round? That might explain it!:D. Also factor in the time for the sound to travel.

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
First Earthquake I've been witness to, our initial thought was thunder. It was an audible, low rumbling noise and rattled the windows

Edit. This was about 20 some years ago. No boom but a long low rumble.

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Huh... That epicenter is within 1/2 mile of a property we've hunted for decades on slate mine road, and within 4 or 5 miles of 2 more.

So what was the boom?

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Earthquakes can cause a set of different phenomena that's unusual. One of them is the boom you guys heard today and the other are flashes of light that look like lightning. You'll notice the blue flashes in this first video.

[video=youtube;f14pQakxXjc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f14pQakxXjc[/video]

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Holy Smokes Shaggy that one lasted awhile. LOL.

Visited Mexico City a couple of years ago and the first night they had one in the neighboring state. Everyone but me slept thru it. I was ready to head back to the US. LOL.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Holy Smokes Shaggy that one lasted awhile. LOL.

Visited Mexico City a couple of years ago and the first night they had one in the neighboring state. Everyone but me slept thru it. I was ready to head back to the US. LOL.

I can handle hurricanes and tornados and wintry weather. However when the earth itself is moving under foot then I'm out that's not good and I have no desire to experience that.