Buddy's redfish

workennels

Eight Pointer
Posted this to my FB yesterday figured Id share with you fellas as well,

Buddy was ready to brave the cold this morning to try and out do his brother on the short trout. The bite was a little slower than it had been but caught more than a couple dozen by the time we went to look for Reds, and man did we find them! What started as a short trip to get me home in time to study for my last final, turned into an all-day affair. However, I got my share of schooling today, and the kind I prefer!

The sinking line is still a little too much for buddy to throw but he is getting the stripping and hook set down pat. Wandas fish catching practice in the gym was put to use today! Thank you! He hauled in more than a handful of reds on the long rod and hooked more than that on the ugly-stik and plastic mullets by himself. The red with spot on its side was his favorite and was so proud of that one. By the far the best day red fishing I have ever had with landings somewhere between my age and Chucks, lol.
8wt Tfo Axiom rod was the primary weapon of choice for the reds with several landed on the 5wt Tfo BVK rod and BVK reel. Clouser minnows fly of choice.

2h5nout.jpg

2vk1g6p.jpg

24w4ug9.jpg

5orurl.jpg

22jd3p.jpg

https://youtu.be/O4o-AME4yO0 Short video I put together

Last edited:

workennels

Eight Pointer
I thought I had put these up here but I guess I forgot, some albies from a few weeks ago. Buddy handled them great on the spinning rod, hes getting spoiled with all these drag burning fish lately.
2j5l5d.jpg

34o3195.jpg

SouthFork122

Four Pointer
Posted this to my FB yesterday figured Id share with you fellas as well,

Buddy was ready to brave the cold this morning to try and out do his brother on the short trout. The bite was a little slower than it had been but caught more than a couple dozen by the time we went to look for Reds, and man did we find them! What started as a short trip to get me home in time to study for my last final, turned into an all-day affair. However, I got my share of schooling today, and the kind I prefer!

The sinking line is still a little too much for buddy to throw but he is getting the stripping and hook set down pat. Wandas fish catching practice in the gym was put to use today! Thank you! He hauled in more than a handful of reds on the long rod and hooked more than that on the ugly-stik and plastic mullets by himself. The red with spot on its side was his favorite and was so proud of that one. By the far the best day red fishing I have ever had with landings somewhere between my age and Chucks, lol.
8wt Tfo Axiom rod was the primary weapon of choice for the reds with several landed on the 5wt Tfo BVK rod and BVK reel. Clouser minnows fly of choice.

2h5nout.jpg

2vk1g6p.jpg

24w4ug9.jpg

5orurl.jpg

22jd3p.jpg

https://youtu.be/O4o-AME4yO0 Short video I put together

He'll remember that for the rest of his life! great job and great pictures.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Yes sir, don't get any better than that.

We are gearing up for the upcoming season of fly tackle. Albies/Bonita/chopper blues/Spanish mackerel will be here before long. We are tying up loads of flies to meet the demand. Those fish with teeth can put a dent in the fly box...:)

Somewhere between your age and Chucks...:) If its more to the old Possum's age, yall caught a load..

Last edited: