Cape Lookout Restrictions coming

CarolinaWildlife

Ten Pointer
Off Road Vehicle also known as ORVs restrictions are come folks. Unless you take 5 minutes of your time to comment on the new rules proposal by the NPS.
Here it is in a nut shell
Comments are due by 2-16-2016.
I apologize for just now posting last minute.

1. Access to drive on the island will be by permit only....after you take a class...pay roughly $150.00 per year...and there's gong to be limited number of permits per year.

2. No night driving. None....

3. Limit on the axle length of vehicles.

Please do not let Cape Lookout turn out like Hatteras with all these restrictions!

To date...no turtles, birds or other native Wildlife have been harmed by our use of the island. They have no scientific justification for these rules.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=NPS-2015-0008-0001

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
It's to late to stop it. Regardless of the comments. The NPS is on bed with the enviros amd this is what the enviros want, this just a dog and pony show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darenative

Twelve Pointer
It's to late to stop it. Regardless of the comments. The NPS is on bed with the enviros amd this is what the enviros want, this just a dog and pony show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you have hit the nail on the head.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Made my comments too. The worst part about it that the environmentalists do not contribute half of the funds that recreational users do to actually protect the resource.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Guys if you have not said anything step up and do it.

It is time we band together and stop them from limiting our fishing or closing it down.

CarolinaWildlife

Ten Pointer
Tomorrow is the deadline for the NPS comments.
To really be heard contact Richard Burr , Walter Jones and Thom Tillis.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Tomorrow is the deadline for the NPS comments.
To really be heard contact Richard Burr , Walter Jones and Thom Tillis.

I've made my comments.

If it's anything like Hatteras I'll receive a form letter back from the politicians and the comments won't mean jack. Hate to be pessimistic, but I don't have any faith in the park service.

Anyone want to buy a slide in camper? Doubt I'll be needing it much longer. I started going to Lookout regularly after Hatteras was practically shut down, but If it's going to have the same BS rules no need to go through the effort of camping on a deserted island.

It is a shame that these folks can push these things through with no scientific basis whatsoever. It's not about the birds or turtles, at all.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I think it's great. I can slip my boat over there and have the whole place to myself. Yes, I know I'm evil, greedy, and selfish. HaHaHa!

I have found that over the years when the feds decide to do something they rarely ever lose.