Good rod?

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
Is a st croix imperial fly rod a decent rod? What do you think it's worth? I have an unused one of like to sell but don't know it's "real" value.

bgbuckdwn

Don't know anything g about fly rods, but St Croix makes some good stuff...a quick Google search showed those rods selling from 150-250 new

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Scalf

Eight Pointer
It's hard to say, but what I would do is find the Msrp of the exact same weight, length etc etc rod you have and knock off 50 bucks to start with and go from there.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
The imperial is one of their introductory rods and as far as fly rods go is priced pretty good for the quality of the rod. It is going to be a pretty slow action but very forgiving rodfor a beginner flyfisherman. Realistically, I think you will get 125.00-150.00 if it is is in great condition. At this price someone will be getting a very well made fly rod at a great price.
My wife actually has an Imperial in an 8wt for inshore saltwater stuff.

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
The imperial is one of their introductory rods and as far as fly rods go is priced pretty good for the quality of the rod. It is going to be a pretty slow action but very forgiving rodfor a beginner flyfisherman. Realistically, I think you will get 125.00-150.00 if it is is in great condition. At this price someone will be getting a very well made fly rod at a great price.
My wife actually has an Imperial in an 8wt for inshore saltwater stuff.

It's never been used. Thanks. I'll post it in classifieds and see.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
At one time if I remember correct they were making that in the USA, now in china from what the dealer told me.

Lot will have to do with what rod you have, weight and length.