Old girl, new dress

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
I bought a used Benelli M1 with a 24" barrel over a year ago. About that same time I won a free standard camo dip or an inshore charter for two. The gun was factory dipped but looked terrible so my choice was obvious.

After a long delay I finally got the gun to the hydro-dipper.

I asked for the pattern to run horizontally vs vertical and he did a great job.

It's exactly how I hoped it would turn out. In addition to the basic dip, I opted to add the bolt, a slug barrel w/fore-end, and steadygrip stock. I need to hit the trigger group with some rattle can black.

I should have my FF3 mounted tomorrow and taking it to pattern NLT Thursday if the weather holds.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
There are very few places I've found that can dip the original Mossy Oak Bottomland.

This is a company in SC called TnT Custom Camo.

Vaughn

Spike
man that does look good...been thinking about doing one myself. Did the extra barrel come with the gun? or where did you pick it up at?

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
The gun came from GB, had a 24" VR barrel. I picked up the steady grip, slug barrel and forearm individually off different websites. The FF3 is mounted and will be bore sighted tomorrow. Was stuck doing our taxes this afternoon and couldn't get away.

I modified a protective cover for an Insight MRDS to work with the FF3, and added some homemade camo with a sharpie.

I was hoping my Sumtoy choke would arrive today but it didn't. Fingers crossed for Monday now.

Vaughn

Spike
man that is a nice setup, I am curious how it does when you get it all put together...post some results of the final product!

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
man that is a nice setup, I am curious how it does when you get it all put together...post some results of the final product!

Thanks!

I plan on using the Sumtoy .650 with the Win Longbeards and have a .660 Rhino to try as well. On a whim I picked up a box of 3" Federal Heavyweight #7's. The 7's should be interesting.

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
OP, this may be a rookie question, but what are the benefits of doing the pattern horizontal vs vertical? Is that just something that you prefer or does it have a different affect out in the woods?

waymoe1

Ten Pointer
where did you get the turkey print and receiver? Did it come with camo dip? How was shipping your gun? Sorry for all the questions. lol

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
There are very few places I've found that can dip the original Mossy Oak Bottomland.

This is a company in SC called TnT Custom Camo.

you are costing me some money. ole rusty need a new coat. thanks for posting.

that is the best camo pattern around. glad folks finally got back to it.

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
I wish i hadn't seen this, I think I saw this gun in the turkey kill thread, not sure, but I liked it so much I was going to message you haha. In the picture I think I saw, only the buttstock was showing and it looked different than the bottomland of today. Now I know why. Gee thanks for posting a picture of the whole gun!!

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
straightline, Capt. Tom did this one. I had to talk him into running the film horizontal vs vertical.

waymoe, the gun was complete in the old realtree pattern Benelli used. I bought the bolt handle off eBay. Shipping the gun was easy.

Thomas, the pattern is Original Bottomland. Same gun as in the kill thread. There are 2 applicators in SC that can get that pattern. Carolina Custom Camo and TnT Custom Camo. I've had items dipped from each and wouldn't hesitate to use either.

I didn't realize that it was almost a year to the day that I got the gun back from getting dipped and killing a turkey.

smilligan, I just prefer the pattern running horizontal.

Using the Sumtoy .650 and 3" Win LB#6's it put up 212 in a 10" circle at 40 yards. After getting the gun back I mounted a Burris FastFire III on a 336 base. It is a sweet set up to carry in the woods.

Last edited: