Fillet knife

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
Depends what I'm cleaning. I LOVE the Mister Twister electric fillet knife for crappie, perch or any other panfish. It does great on trout too but I won't use anything but an old school knife for flounder or drum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Original rapala wood handle fillet knife.. Own 4 of them, and one is about 20 years old.

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I'm with zombie, I like old fashion. Electric would be good on big fish like salt water but I think it cuts too many bones. For trout, which we eat about once a week in the spring we leave the bones in. It's easy to pick the spine and ribs out and you don't waste meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own 4 Dexters no complaints. Bubbas are nice also but one knife never fits all the different fish or applications.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Original rapala wood handle fillet knife.. Own 4 of them, and one is about 20 years old.

Alright, who has the oldest Rapala fillet knife? My mom gave me my dad's last year. I recall him using it when I was a kid in the 1970s. The knife was introduced in 1967.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Got me beat, lol. Mine is a little over 20...I got from my uncle for my birthday, somewhere between 10 and 12 years old. I'm 32 now

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've got a big bubba knife that works on the game and big fish. I also have a smaller bubba knife that works on the smaller fish. Both have served me well. I also have some rapala wooden knives and they work well as long as you have a good sharpener.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Alright, who has the oldest Rapala fillet knife? My mom gave me my dad's last year. I recall him using it when I was a kid in the 1970s. The knife was introduced in 1967.

Pops got one that he probably breasted out pterodactyls with...:D:D:D

Last edited:

Boojum

Ten Pointer

Mine's probably from the late 80s/early 90s. I bought it back when I still had hair. :D It's all I use to butcher deer, too.