Haw River

awcrow91

Spike
Anyone know what an inch of rain overnight would do to the flow? Trying to float it tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
You should be good, it may give it a little tint and speed it up but not enough to to make a major difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
What part? An inch of rain can really screw it up. I have been on it and had the water level rise over a foot in under an hour.

awcrow91

Spike
Above the damn in Saxapahaw. Appreciate the responses guys. Flow rate in Bynum shows like 415 CFS right now.

Last edited:

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
looking at the graph right now and its headed straight up. Most of my work has been just below Bynum but I have seen even modest amounts of rain turn it into a torrent. Keep checking Bynum but with all of that rain last night across its drainage area I would make other plans.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
a little more research and at bynum they are predicting it to peak at 4.3ft Saturday morning
Up near Burlington they are predicting 2.9ft early Saturday morning
I am guessing it goes slightly higher.

awcrow91

Spike
So is that 2.9 feet above the mean reading? In other words the flow would be way high?

awcrow91

Spike
That helps a lot. I guess i was looking at a different graph. I'll wait a few hours and drive down to look at it. If it has come up almost a foot, the water is probably looking chocolate.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Grew up right on the haw where i could see it out my bedroom window....200-300 cfm is the best flow to fish on the Haw River ,NC gauge. 400-600 up there on the haw river gauge and I would not fish it as it is too high to fish good....ok for kayaking ......where as 500 -600 is kinda low on the Bynum gauge....i like the lower river to be 800-1000 cfm....

below 200 cfm on the upper river and you will be doing alot of dragging.

above 5-600 and you had better know what you are doing on the upper haw.

it got up to 900 on the Haw rive nc gauge , hate it for some one who tried to fish in that........

Last edited: