Prayers Please

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I have hit a rocky patch with my finacee. Job changes/moving/family etc have made it a tough go for a while and things have sort of come to a head. She is everything to me and I do not know what I would do without her. I know no relationship is perfect and they all require work but any prayers would be appreciate. I know it is in God's hands/plan but I need her. I feel like our life is doing a tailspin that I can't stop.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
God can restore your relationship. You both have to be willing and put it in his hands. Praying for you.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Colossians 3:13

One of the crucial building blocks of an enduring marriage is forgiveness. The marriage relationship is undermined when a couple keep a mental record of old grudges and often use them as ammunition for fresh attacks. Just as cracks can weaken a building, grievances and resentment can develop in our heart, making it increasingly difficult to be forgiving. By contrast, strong marriage bonds are forged when husband and wife treat each other in a forgiving way, as Jehovah treats them. (Mic. 7:18, 19) True love “does not keep account of wrongs.” (1 Cor. 13:5, ftn.) To counteract a tendency to be unforgiving, work on having a thankful and appreciative disposition. Make a practice of giving your spouse sincere commendation. (Col. 3:15) Experience the peace of mind, unity, and divine blessings that come to those who have a forgiving disposition. (Rom. 14:19.)

Last edited:

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Thanks for the prayers. Things are getting better day by day. This had to be God's way of showing us we needed to step back and take a look at our relationship and reorganize our priorities. Working and doing for others all the time has worn us both out to the point we don't make time for each other. This hurt her more than I ever realized.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Great news there, any relationship is a work in progress no matter the length of time involved. We, as humans are constantly changing due to physical and outside influences, the only thing that remains constant is God. We can always look to Him as the source of consistent love and strength...and try to emulate that in our relationships.
It may get more easy to read your partner as time goes on, but the changing and adapting to each other's needs never stops, or it hasn't in my relationship with my first wife :D..of almost 32 years now.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm thanking God that things seemed to have turned around for you. It's easy to get side tracked and pursue other things. We often forget that just because we "have" our wife, we can't stop pursuing her heart. Continued prayers for you and her.

firemedic54

Ten Pointer
Prayers lifted up for a strengthened bond, just remember neither of you can read the others mind or heart. You both must talk, talk, talk, and pray together.