One for the wall

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
My son made this one look easy. We have gotten pics of him for more than a month. I've normally installed our stands but he put this one up himself. This morning I told him not to go in before daylight because he might spook him. He took my advice and spied him under his stand when he went in after daylight. He watched him leave and then came home and went back to bed. He went back in at 3:30, deer came in at 7:30. He had a still wind but apparently there was enough in his favor for him to get within 10 yards. Rage 40ke did the job. Only went about 50 yards.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 3.11.47 PM.jpgWGI_0476 copy.jpgWGI_0143 copy.jpgIMG_3080.jpgIMG_3085.jpg

Last edited:

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Good work there by junior and as others have said, he had a good teacher. I know that you both are very proud since a buck that you have schemed and killed means alot to a true hunter.
One of the hardest things to do is leave a nice buck or a gobbler in the woods after having them close and in sight. But it is sometimes the only way to kill them.
I have a buck that I want to kill in the AM but i know that I will bust the deer in the dark so I am up at 2:20AM and am going to sleep shortly. When I wake up, [no alarm but probably 9-10AM] then I will go in and stay until I shoot or it gets dark.

Last edited: