Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anybody fall hunting this year?

Twelve Pointer

You should try it wolfman, Va is lucky enough to have nice long season my favorite is 2nd week gun turkey deer ML is in at same time in my area with pre rut activity. The late Oct early Nov gun has the best weather awesome time to be in woods leaves turning and falling can be little tough because of all the food but if you buts a flock its all worth it. I don't still hunt them to boring for me I like to be on the move if I don't have a roost site to break up at daylight. The later season is fun a;so less food turkeys get more mobile just got to deal with the cold and snow

I'm looking forward to my first fall hunt out west in a couple months. Got one day to hunt as I go to my son's graduation in ID.
    "If you are serious about turkey hunting, then turkey hunt; if you want to relax, go fishing or sit in a deer stand." ~ L. Williams

Twelve Pointer

Sounds awesome let us know how it goes. ID is on my bucket list really hoping in 2018 to be there in Bitterroot for Merriams and spring bear season

Curious as to why NC does not have a fall season. I always enjoyed that in NY. I had a nice gobbler come thru to me while bowhunting Friday night, would have been nice to get a crack at him.

Quote Originally Posted by adkarcher View Post
    Curious as to why NC does not have a fall season. I always enjoyed that in NY. I had a nice gobbler come thru to me while bowhunting Friday night, would have been nice to get a crack at him.
    A few well connected voices complained about the drop in spring harvest in their locales and blamed it on the 1 week winter season that had very small harvests. That, combined with built in rules associated with the opening of the winter season got it shut down.
    "If you are serious about turkey hunting, then turkey hunt; if you want to relax, go fishing or sit in a deer stand." ~ L. Williams

Twelve Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by adkarcher View Post
    "Corn" don't ever see a true fall season here no matter the population. Oh well I ain't gripping when school lets out here in few hours on my way to VA hope tomorrow morning to bust a flock

Old Mossy Horns

corning hopefully means no fall season in nc. i just dont see how the population could stand the killing that would occur.

cynical minds like mine suspect there is already too many busted cause they like deer corn.

Old Mossy Horns

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyfoot View Post
    "Corn" don't ever see a true fall season here no matter the population. Oh well I ain't gripping when school lets out here in few hours on my way to VA hope tomorrow morning to bust a flock
    Good Luck turkeyfoot. What a great morning to hunt them.

One of my bucket list items is to fall hunt with a good turkey dog.

Ten Pointer

Got gobblers last week and this week strutting with hens. Might be able to get one fired up like spring time