Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eastern NC Farm Pond Bass Lure Suggestion for Nov?

Twelve Pointer

Default Eastern NC Farm Pond Bass Lure Suggestion for Nov?

Looking for lure tips for Bass & mid November?

Thx!
    *********** Please forward this link to likeminded Hunters, Anglers and America's Conservationist, via Email, Facebook, Twitter etc.***********

Old Mossy Horns

Quote Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
    Looking for lure tips for Bass & mid November?

Thx!
    clean or does it have vegetation?

Twelve Pointer

Clean with hing-cut brush around the bank that has been pushed into pond for cover
    *********** Please forward this link to likeminded Hunters, Anglers and America's Conservationist, via Email, Facebook, Twitter etc.***********

Old Mossy Horns

well around the trees it would be hard to beat a jig to get in and around that cover. under low light conditions you favorite topwater will do fine.

for the non brushy areas a senko is bested only by a NED Rig ( a half zinkerz or zero (elastech senko style bait) on a 1/16th oz gopher mushroom jig head.)

Just cast it and wind it back slightly shaking it or throw it out let it go to the bottom and bring it in and cast again. you can ruin a pond with it if you kill what you catch.

i parallel the banks most often in clear ponds, your hinge cut cover stymies that. Sounds like a good pond.

when you say eastern i think of perhaps brownish water color?

If so i would use some brighter colors on my plastics. If it's normal water color then green pumpkin will work.

Best tip I can give you is go hunting.
    Right Wing Extremist - Bitterly clinging to guns and religion.

Twelve Pointer

Love the buzz bait around dusk on these Sunny November days when the next day will be 20 degrees cooler.

The fish will feed ahead of the front. That is when I nailed my personal best.
    Where all roads end..... http://wokokon.com

Twelve Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate96 View Post
    Love the buzz bait around dusk on these Sunny November days when the next day will be 20 degrees cooler.

The fish will feed ahead of the front. That is when I nailed my personal best.
    Can't go wrong with a buzzbait. I have a 7lber on the wall and released a 10lber both caught on the buzzbait. I always preferred the buzz jewel with a flat metal head. You could get it up easy and keep it up on the water and make it change direction fairly easy.

Old Mossy Horns

let me suggest that you buzzbait fans consider putting a whopper plopper in your arsenal.

same exciting topwater fishing with a different reaction until they get used to seeing them.

the 90 catches more but the 130 makes you think you are going to really catch bigguns.

Twelve Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by oldest school View Post
    let me suggest that you buzzbait fans consider putting a whopper plopper in your arsenal.

same exciting topwater fishing with a different reaction until they get used to seeing them.

the 90 catches more but the 130 makes you think you are going to really catch bigguns.
    I can get four of my favorite buzz baits for the price of one whopper plopper. I am sure it will catch fish, but would never replace the sentimental part of throwing a buzz bait.

Nothing better for me than throwing one especially after the squeak gets developed on the buzz bait.
    Where all roads end..... http://wokokon.com

Old Mossy Horns

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate96 View Post
    I can get four of my favorite buzz baits for the price of one whopper plopper. I am sure it will catch fish, but would never replace the sentimental part of throwing a buzz bait.

Nothing better for me than throwing one especially after the squeak gets developed on the buzz bait.
    dont be a hard head there Pirate.

We were lucky enough to have some of the very first buzz baits that showed up in central NC. way back in the 70's.

Folks dismissed those kinda like you are doing the whopper plopper. Plus they cost the outrageous amount of $3.50.

what is that saying you can lead a mule..... LOL. One bite on one and you will forget that cost.