Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot dogs rant

Mom and Pop's off HWY 24 between Beulaville and Kenansville use to have a good hot dog. Haven't tried them in a couple years, need to get back by there.
    Last edited by bshobbs; 11-17-2016 at 07:10 AM.
    De Oppresso Liber

I will say this, I had some buddies in high school that were from Connecticut, and they would bring back the butcher shop hot dogs from up there that were all linked together and had natural casings.........those were pretty good hot dogs to not be red.........
    When we (man) experienced our fall from grace, God endowed the dog with all the properties initially intended for us...honesty, loyalty, nobility etc. and made the dog our best friend to be kept by our side so that we could see what strengths of character we could aspire to....but never quite achieve.....

I quit these gut bombs many years ago when my 3rd grade teacher told us the casings were actually sheep guts!!

Last edited by wturkey01; 11-17-2016 at 09:03 AM. Reason: 3rd grade. dangit!
    Sometimes you run into people who change your life for the better!! Most of the time you don't!!

Eight Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    I will say this, I had some buddies in high school that were from Connecticut, and they would bring back the butcher shop hot dogs from up there that were all linked together and had natural casings.........those were pretty good hot dogs to not be red.........
    Again I say .....need to start a Frankfurter thread ......LOL

Four Pointer

I like the Boars Head dogs from the grocery store. Brightleaf is a close second...
    I've had the hotdogs from a 1/2 dozen places around NC...Snoopy's, Trolley Stop, a couple of others slipping my mind. Trolley Stop was the only one that I remember being satisfying.

It seems most of the NC hotdogs here have flavorless dogs.

You people need to make over to Winston and try pulliams. In business well over 100 years, only selling to items. Hotdogs and BBQ. Still lined out the door every single day.

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!
    Last edited by Zombie; 11-17-2016 at 08:44 AM.

"You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

I was a zombie when zombies weren't cool!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !
    III%

Proud Member of the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    You people need to make over to Winston and try pulliams. In business well over 100 years, only selling to items. Hotdogs and BBQ. Still lined out the door every single day.

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!
    Hard to beat a Pulliams hot dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eight Pointer

I thought this was going to be about how they are made. Lol. I know a fireman who won't eat one. Says the dog is perfect size and shape to choke on. Claimed lots of people have chocked on them. Must not chew their food. A small kid, I can see that more than an adult.

Small kids we split the dog in half, lesser chance to get choked. They usually just dip it in ketchup anyway, finger food.

Last edited by bshobbs; 11-17-2016 at 09:11 AM.
    De Oppresso Liber

Twelve Pointer

If you have a Harris Teeters near you I am a big fan of Sahlen's dogs. Good Stuff.