A Long Shot For a Muzzleloader

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
Got word last night that a guy that I built a custom 45 caliber smokeless muzzleloader for 3 years ago (come January) made one helluva shot on Friday, which was the last day of muzzleloader season in VA. It was only a doe, but IMO it is a trophy, being that the shot was 826yds. To make it all the better, he had a witness/spotter with him to verify it. Last year he made a shot just over 600yds and he thought that he would have a long hard time beating that one, but beat it he did just 12 months later. He very well may have a long hard time beating 826yds though.

826yds ML Kill.jpg

justhunt

Six Pointer
Contributor
You have any info on the projectile or load 1shot1kill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herman

Six Pointer
1shot do you know what bullet and speed he was getting?
From what I can see in the pic that is a good looking rifle,and the builder needs some credit also.
Thanks for sharing.

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
ONESHOT: A lot of people that play this smokeless game owe you and your Dad a big THANK YOU!!

BTW, I met and talked with your Dad at his shop when you were on your (first?) deployment. Something I'll always remember.

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
22LR,
The Spinjag Bullet Starter and loader ramrod head are used for both the Pittman and also the Parker bullets. The Pittman AccuMax and the Parker Ballistic Extremes are similar in design and use the same Spinjag starter and loaders.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Someone (multiple someones in this case) knows their stuff.

amazing to me.

Man you ought to head over to Dougs message board and check out the savage/smokeless section they have over there, those guys take it to a whole nother level..........even some of the guys shooting BH209 are doing crazy long range shooting..........

ourway77

Button Buck
Pittman Bullets

Just bought 100 300 grain accu-max bullets for my Remington/Brux 45 caliber I am going to work up to 70 grains IMR-4198 I would never get a 600yard shot where I hunt but 300 will be in my range I frequent Doug's message boards all the time I also bought 50 302 bombs to try from Arrowhead sporting goods LLC