Mouse in the house

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
As one of the founding members of Ballentine Hunting Club, I couldn't be happier with our first kill. We are currently looking for a taxidermist and haven't decided on if we should get a full body or shoulder mount yet. I personally want to get the full body of this monster sitting on a sardine can eating a sunflower seed, but understand that could get pricey. We are also looking into running dogs for them this next year, so any potential new members that have dogs or experience in hunting mice with dogs would be a plus. It's going to take a lot of hard work and effort but we think a mythical 1 ouncer could come off of our property this next season.

Jeez you just cracked me up...
Anyone remember the show "King of the Hill"? Dale was the president of the Arlen Gun Club, and the only taxidermy they had in the entire clubhouse was a mounted rat... Ahahhahaa... :)

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just hope this bunch of hooligans doesn't move next to your club and start indiscriminate killing of the potential trophy's you guys are trying to raise.
Mouse-Plague_1917.jpg

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
At the recomendations of some on here i have used a little Peanut butter on a trap. Three dead so far today, including two at once.

Harpoon

Mine turned out to be Moles/Voles...something....peanut butter on trap caught em in garage.

GregC

Six Pointer
Peanut butter in the trap sprinkled with bird seed on top and around - gets them out of our cabin regularly. And your mouse looked a little immature I would have waited another season....

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Tom Cat just asked us to be a part of their Pro Staff. Their decal is going to look sweet on my truck.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Are ya'll a brown and down club or are you practicing QRM?? (Quality Rat Management)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhwilli2

Eight Pointer
We have so much acreage that we have sectioned off sections for management purposes. This is a hot topic at recent board meetings due to the interest of running hounds on some of our land. Our management goal is to produce solid two ouncers. Some people have doubts but I firmly believe it's possible. Just have to work on our nutrition program this year.

Last edited:

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
715a6c56a00963598e0cc50eda492f88.png

Always works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhwilli2

Eight Pointer
Ballentine hunting club struck again this morning with a nice 14 gram management mouse. We have a secret weapon that we are using for bait now....Seems that the warm weather really has them on the move...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This mouse thought about doing a little partying on Mardi Gras. WRONG! Ballentine Hunting Club dropping the hammer again.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I turned my best cold nosed cat out on a track yesterday. Put him in the shed with food and water and closed the door.

Got home, looked in the shed, there sits Rolo the tracking cat with his fresh kill. Must've been a good race at the Clemmons Feline Fellowship Hunting Club

jhwilli2

Eight Pointer
Ballentine hunting club struck again over the Easter weekend. Not our biggest but a good example of the type of mice we are trying to raise on our tract... No trophy pictures this time due to timeframe... Happy hunting guys.

ce0d4e3eda135a1f24c880fe394737a5.jpg

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
cashin checks and snappin necks

Ballentine Hunting Club's season keeps rolling along. What this one might have lacked in weight it more than made up for in whisker length.

Seems we do our best work on holidays. Mother's day and Memorial day should be looking good.

Last edited:

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Okay why did you revive this thread? It brings back bad memories. The "mouse in the house" is still in the house. We go weeks without any evidence and then one day a loaf of bread or some hamburger buns have holes chewed into them. I've tried various traps and the mouse keeps evading them. Maybe I have a bag chewing box eating giant cockroach.

jhwilli2

Eight Pointer
Just a suggestion that we have learned at the Ballentine hunting club; you got to strike while the iron is hot. Once you see evidence pull out all the stops. Go big or go home..."cashing checks and breaking necks"

jhwilli2

Eight Pointer
Well, the hits keep coming...Our biggest to date. A mature 15 grammer...Has a beautiful coat that would be a great specimen for a full body mount... Our new food plot nutrition system is truly paying off..

d4b92cdffde11de017b6c02c4f7804e7.jpg
4d8762ea8186408a49e288e519b22509.jpg

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
He was a true beast nearly bottomed out our scales and i don't know how that gambrel held up. And to think we haven't even tried the new line of Tinks Minnie Mouse scents yet.

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Well, the hits keep coming...Our biggest to date. A mature 15 grammer...Has a beautiful coat that would be a great specimen for a full body mount... Our new food plot nutrition system is truly paying off..

d4b92cdffde11de017b6c02c4f7804e7.jpg
4d8762ea8186408a49e288e519b22509.jpg

Thought you might have to use a front end loader to get him on the board! :)

Last edited: