Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoyt vs Mathews?

Twelve Pointer

I like to shoot bows and arrows lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twelve Pointer

I shoot a Mathews but I will say that if I could afford an elite that is what I'd be shooting...

Four Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by genesis27:3 View Post
    It'll be Ford or Chevy, Mary Ann or Ginger. Personal preference.
    Ford vs Chevy I get - but it is Mary Ann without a doubt, no discussion necessary

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Quote Originally Posted by cloningerba View Post
    I shoot a Mathews but I will say that if I could afford an elite that is what I'd be shooting...

I wouldn't trade my Elite for any bow on the market today... except the Elite Impulse 34
    Titus 2:11-12

"Ain't nothin' like watchin' the woods wake up from a tree stand..." - Pops

I have sold, serviced and tuned most every type of bow ever made. With that being said the Halon series of bows from Mathews are second to none. I can't knock other manufacturers equipment cause they are all very good bows, but they are in no way better than what Mathews has put together in this series of bows. There isn't a Riser on the market as solid when pressed as these bows. They are a joy to tune, they have speed, high left off and possibly the quietest speed bow built to this point. I'm very impressed to say the least. I'll add this, Hoyt's 2014 series of bows are superior to the Defiant series imho...
    Adrenaline Outdoors, LLC
    2711 Jefferson Davis Hwy.
    Sanford, NC 27332
    919-774-0544

Twelve Pointer

I stopped being a fan boy of any specific bow manufacturer years ago, there are just too many good ones out there now. Used to be Mathews guy only then shot a couple of there less than awesome rigs (Reezin). I've owned Mathews, Hoyt, Elite and am now shooting my favorite bow I've ever owned, an Obsession Def com 7. I think you should shoot as many as you can and find the bow you feel confident with.

Four Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by kilerhamilton View Post
    Why one brand or the other.

My Local Bow shop has carries these two and prefers Mathews, i do a fair amount of business there and they give me a decent discount and their bow guy is good, there is another shop a little further off but i prefer NOT to spend any money there, i would go to the one in Sanford but it would be a long drive, I also have been shooting a Mathews Z3 that i like but as I said the interest in the Hoyt is based on "looks" of the bow which i know is probably the worst reason, but it is what it is.

Nothing wrong with shopping based on looks. The worst bow on the market today is still better than the best on the market 10 years ago.

Mathews is hard to beat for a bow. Marketing, quality, technology....they have it all.

Hoyt makes great bows and have for years. PSE has had some nice stuff lately as well.

Default Hoyt vs Mathews?

Here is my two cent as far as 2016 bows go. Mathews are fun to pick on. Over engineered. Great shooting rigs. Just try putting strings back on one in a decent amount of time and keep any kind of tune. Hoyt. I love but the bang for your buck is low to me, the newer models are getting a little out there for me. Elite. Great bows but that shoot-ability comes with a price of speed and performance.
    Pse. Really knocked it out for me. Great bows still very strong not over progressive engineering. Obsession and xpedition archery are your elites on beef. I haven't shot a bowtech or any others.

Last edited by kilerhamilton; 12-25-2016 at 08:11 PM.
    BYBP Chatham chapter