Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics

Quote Originally Posted by MJ74 View Post
    Ive been a few times in the past and it just didnt do anything for me. Everybody else i know loves it......maybe its something wrong with me
    We might have room for you as a member of our club then . We LOVE them non turkey hunters

Just remember.....As you well know, 12 years ago when I joined, I had ZERO interest in turkey hunting either
    Maxine Waters 2020!!

Old Mossy Horns

Quote Originally Posted by MJ74 View Post
    Ive been a few times in the past and it just didnt do anything for me. Everybody else i know loves it......maybe its something wrong with me
    well you said it...

I love to hunt them and have heard several newcomers express your sentiment. when i inquire they allow as to how it's no big deal and not a challenge. then you will hear how they have been hunting them.

without pissing anyone off turkey hunting can be dumbed down and made easy if you want.

But with that amount of gobblers around, give them a try with nothing but you and your wits/calls/weapons to help you.

then if it is not any fun at least you will have given the sport a shot in it's most rewarding form.

if you dont like it then, then i would agree with your self assessment.... LOL

Good Luck if you go MJ74, that is as good of a gobbler bunch as i have ever seen in NC.

givem a shot this spring.
    Last edited by oldest school; 01-04-2017 at 12:59 PM.

I dont care to eat them and dont plan on mounting one of em either so i dont really care to go hunting for them.

Like i said, just about everyone i know loves to go and i've been maybe 6-7 times in the past and although i did like to see them strutting and gobbling it didnt give me a rush like it does others.
    There are a ton of turkeys on this farm and always has been. Probably not as many now as in the past since they cut some of the woods but i have seen very large groups of turkeys on several occasions.
    Last edited by MJ74; 01-04-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Old Mossy Horns

MJ74, I'm kind of right there with you. I've been turkey hunting and not saying it isn't fun or even a little exciting and I love to hunt most anything, but I just can't get into it. Must be I know the rockfish are running. Well, that's my excuse to my buddies anyhow. LOL
    "One does not hunt in order to kill, one kills in order to have hunted". Finn Aagard

Four Pointer

Great pictures!