Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: She must be a Zombie

Four Pointer

That is unreal..great pic.....my cousin killed a 5 point back a few years ago in the sandhills and when we were skinning it we found a razorback broadhead right under the spine and the tissue all around the broadhead had almost covered it up.... deer are unreal creatures..

Thats tuff. But first problem was the Muzzy. I lost countless deer with those heads, they do not leave the ole open good and cut great, and could have been dull. Angle of hit? Could she have been ducking and already laid over at and angle to where the arrow angle over lungs, Some are just tough.
    Deep River Taxidermy 384 Elmer Homer Rd. Carthage, NC.28327 (910)-464-3828

Quote Originally Posted by Putt View Post
    Hitman on here can tell you a story about a non typical he shot.. three days later he killed.him.. same kinda wounds. His arrow track channel went up over the deer back. This all happens on string jump and movement. Amazing what your eyes see and what happens. He.had some amazing pictures of him also.
    Yeah me and him have hunted together for years I helped him track that deer the first time he shot him.

This is fascinating!!!

I truly would not believe it if I hadn't seen it.

I know others say let her live, and I get that.

But lets say some unfortunate fate met with her tomorrow, I'd love for someone to slowly open her up and inspect the forward vitals for ANY sign of damage. It's just hard for me to fathom that even a dull blade passed through like that without causing fatal damage. I'm blown away by this thread. Thanks for sharing it.
    Maxine Waters 2020!!

Tough old lady right there, dang
    "Do or do not, there is no try. " - Yoda

Six Pointer

Similar situation, shot a few inches forward. I was using "slick tricks", so for me it was just a bad shot in the one spot with no vitals. I tried everything but yelling at this buck to get him to stop, and he wouldn't. So, I took a shot as he was about to leave the one window I had. I was trying to lead him, and obviously was a little too far out in front. I tracked him for 400 yards and had tons of blood, and piles of it at times. He crossed a cow pasture and jumped a fence, never found a drop after that. A few days later he showed up and I had pictures of him all season. 9pt.jpg8ptbowwound.jpg
    Last edited by Pimpscoe; 01-09-2017 at 11:49 PM.

Twelve Pointer

If you hunt long enough these things happen.... it sucks and as a hunter it's the worst feeling in the world....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Mossy Horns

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpscoe View Post
    Similar situation, shot a few inches forward. I was using "slick tricks", so for me it was just a bad shot in the one spot with no vitals. I tried everything but yelling at this buck to get him to stop, and he wouldn't. So, I took a shot as he was about to leave the one window I had. I was trying to lead him, and obviously was a little too far out in front. I tracked him for 400 yards and had tons of blood, and piles of it at times. He crossed a cow pasture and jumped a fence, never found a drop after that. A few days later he showed up and I had pictures of him all season. 9pt.jpg8ptbowwound.jpg
    another amazing set of pics. thanks for posting.

Both are crazy proof that a good shot doesn't always do the trick. Teach all of us not to say anything when someone shoots a deer and can't find it. You never know - they are tough animals.

Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Both are crazy proof that a good shot doesn't always do the trick. Teach all of us not to say anything when someone shoots a deer and can't find it. You never know - they are tough animals.
    But keyboard cowboys will be keyboard cowboys...
    Titus 2:11-12

"Ain't nothin' like watchin' the woods wake up from a tree stand..." - Pops