Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: She must be a Zombie

That is crazy...if she keeps a noticeable scar, I believe I'd have to give her a pass from here on out if she stays healthy. That's insane right there.

I have a squirrel here that I shot 3 times last year with a 22...he is still alive and well. Hit him in the back, in near his shoulders, and again about middle ways, and shot most of his tail off...you can clearly see the two healed over bald patches and the 2/3rds of his tail missing. I have given him a pass each time I have squirrel this year.

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

"You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

I was a zombie when zombies weren't cool!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !
    III%

Proud Member of the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Revo View Post
    She still looks healthy and even fat...she must have been eating 4 leaf clovers that day for breakfast.
    Still has one in her mouth!,See pic on left side.Nice shot OP,all i can say is,she SHOULDA been dead.

IMO..... Muzzy says it all....

I know Millions of deer have been killed with them.... but in my extensive experience, the blades are dull and that happens a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Apple View Post
    IMO..... Muzzy says it all....

I know Millions of deer have been killed with them.... but in my extensive experience, the blades are dull and that happens a LOT.
    I thought the same thing. I tried to sharpen Muzzys without success many years ago, never got them sharp enough to shave.
    I shot Snuffers back then and owned and used alot of hones so I was pretty good at getting a good edge on several kinds of broadheads. Muzzys always beat my best efforts.
    Today's broadheads are alot sharper from the pack than they were back then but I don't know about Muzzys.
    My take away from these photos is to ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a shaving sharp broadhead on your arrow.

Eight Pointer

That is crazy. Thanks for sharing

wow deer are some tough animals but how in the @#$@ did that not put her down. Good luck and hope you get another chance to help out your neighbor.

Six Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Larry R View Post
    And all the "experts" vehemently deny that there is not a "no mans land" between the vitals and the back bone. I shot one exactly like that once with an arrow and it survived. I killed it later and as we were skinning the deer there was the tell tale sign on the inside of the hide entrance and exit. My brother shot one with a 30-06 also and we never recovered it that day. A couple of months later he shot and killed the deer and again while skinning the deer there was the tell tale sign. On that one we also found that the lung had grown attached to the inside of the rib cage at the site of the wound.
    I agree with you that there is a "no man's land" for high hits, BUT, this ain't it! This shot looks close to perfect to my eyes. Maybe a little far forward, but I wouldn't have thought too much. I don't understand why this wasn't a short track with a happy ending. Amazing critters for sure.
    Last edited by mbh78; 12-29-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbh78 View Post
    I agree with you that there is a "no man's land" for high hits, BUT, this ain't it! This shot looks close to perfect to my eyes. Maybe a little far forward, but I wouldn't have thought too much. I don't understand why this wasn't a short track with a happy ending. Amazing critters for sure.
    I was thinking it would be a short track also. I'm still at odds with it because I feel like the shot placement was spot on. It just wasn't her time maybe she is carrying a future BOONER in her belly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I was thinking it would be a short track also. I'm still at odds with it because I feel like the shot placement was spot on. It just wasn't her time maybe she is carrying a future BOONER in her belly.
    Nope, it was a dull broadhead.

Quote Originally Posted by shadycove View Post
    Nope, it was a dull broadhead.
    Blades were new out of the pack maybe so. I guess I am not suppose to know. I would think dull broadhead or not that should have got both lungs which should have been a dead animal.