Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Food plot hunting for turkeys

  1. #21
    Old Mossy Horns
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Buncombe County NC
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wturkey01 View Post
    Your depth of knowledge astounds us all..........LOL
    So whats so wrong with shooting birds eating a legally planted chufa plot compared to calling them in?

  2. #22
    Twelve Pointer wturkey01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WNC Heaven
    Posts
    4,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    So whats so wrong with shooting birds eating a legally planted chufa plot compared to calling them in?
    I didn't say that Mr Twister..........I was laughing at your post!!

    You stated something that everybody who knows anything about turkeys has known for years..........everybody except you apparently! LOL
    Sometimes you run into people who change your life for the better!! Most of the time you don't!!
    I just blocked a jerk for correcting my spealing and it feeleded good!!

  3. #23
    Old Mossy Horns
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Buncombe County NC
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wturkey01 View Post
    I didn't say that Mr Twister..........I was laughing at your post!!

    You stated something that everybody who knows anything about turkeys has known for years..........everybody except you apparently! LOL
    No you mocked me for pointing out some folks hunt turkeys over food plots and do not bother to call them in.

    Nice try. Not everybody loves to "run and gun" and call birds.
    Last edited by CRC; 01-01-2017 at 03:15 PM.

  4. #24
    Twelve Pointer wturkey01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WNC Heaven
    Posts
    4,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    No you mocked me for pointing out some folks hunt turkeys over food plots and do not bother to call them in.

    Nice try. Not everybody loves to "run and gun" and call birds.
    You're wrong Doofus..........I was mocking you for saying "birds love chufa" as if this was some wonderful, secret knowledge that only you have!!

    I don't care if you're one of those people who must use bait for your hunting!! LOL LOL
    Sometimes you run into people who change your life for the better!! Most of the time you don't!!
    I just blocked a jerk for correcting my spealing and it feeleded good!!

  5. #25
    Old Mossy Horns
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Buncombe County NC
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    I'm not going to argue with you.

    I hope you and yours have a great 2017 and a great upcoming turkey season.

  6. #26
    Twelve Pointer wturkey01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WNC Heaven
    Posts
    4,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you.

    I hope you and yours have a great 2017 and a great upcoming turkey season.

    "We beat 'em again, didn't we Josie"!!!
    Sometimes you run into people who change your life for the better!! Most of the time you don't!!
    I just blocked a jerk for correcting my spealing and it feeleded good!!

  7. #27
    Old Mossy Horns
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad_Colvin View Post
    Why would you want to sit and watch a field grow waiting on a turkey?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    let me take a stab at that:
    You are too immobile to hunt any other way
    you have youngsters who cant hide very well
    you have small acreage to hunt
    you arent worried about the challenge just want to kill a turkey
    you cant call
    you are bowhunting
    you have bought into the myth that turkeys are so keen that any movement will spook them so you are actually afraid to hunt them sans blind.
    you want/need to use mobile devices during your hunt
    you need quick easy filmable footage for a tv show
    your 'sponsors" include a blind company
    you dont know any other way to hunt them
    you spent $800 on planting that stuff and want a ROI
    you cannot hear well enough to pursue turkeys via traditional ways
    you hunt big fields where they stay in all morning. that blind in the middle gives them a big surprise.

    that's all i got. we used to have the world's best turkey call maker (10 grand for his stuff) and killer (dozens each year) tell us how to hunt on this forum. he would have several more things he could add.
    but the "battle" on how folks hunt has already been waged here. I hope we can avoid it in the future.

    Good try though CRC, but wturkey aint takin that bait.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldest school View Post
    let me take a stab at that:
    You are too immobile to hunt any other way
    you have youngsters who cant hide very well
    you have small acreage to hunt
    you arent worried about the challenge just want to kill a turkey
    you cant call
    you are bowhunting
    you have bought into the myth that turkeys are so keen that any movement will spook them so you are actually afraid to hunt them sans blind.
    you want/need to use mobile devices during your hunt
    you need quick easy filmable footage for a tv show
    your 'sponsors" include a blind company
    you dont know any other way to hunt them
    you spent $800 on planting that stuff and want a ROI
    you cannot hear well enough to pursue turkeys via traditional ways
    you hunt big fields where they stay in all morning. that blind in the middle gives them a big surprise.

    that's all i got. we used to have the world's best turkey call maker (10 grand for his stuff) and killer (dozens each year) tell us how to hunt on this forum. he would have several more things he could add.
    but the "battle" on how folks hunt has already been waged here. I hope we can avoid it in the future.

    Good try though CRC, but wturkey aint takin that bait.
    I guess that about covers it lol.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    Twelve Pointer wturkey01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WNC Heaven
    Posts
    4,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldest school View Post
    let me take a stab at that:
    You are too immobile to hunt any other way
    you have youngsters who cant hide very well
    you have small acreage to hunt
    you arent worried about the challenge just want to kill a turkey
    you cant call
    you are bowhunting
    you have bought into the myth that turkeys are so keen that any movement will spook them so you are actually afraid to hunt them sans blind.
    you want/need to use mobile devices during your hunt
    you need quick easy filmable footage for a tv show
    your 'sponsors" include a blind company
    you dont know any other way to hunt them
    you spent $800 on planting that stuff and want a ROI
    you cannot hear well enough to pursue turkeys via traditional ways
    you hunt big fields where they stay in all morning. that blind in the middle gives them a big surprise.

    that's all i got. we used to have the world's best turkey call maker (10 grand for his stuff) and killer (dozens each year) tell us how to hunt on this forum. he would have several more things he could add.
    but the "battle" on how folks hunt has already been waged here. I hope we can avoid it in the future.

    Good try though CRC, but wturkey aint takin that bait.
    Good post OS!! Good post!!
    Sometimes you run into people who change your life for the better!! Most of the time you don't!!
    I just blocked a jerk for correcting my spealing and it feeleded good!!

  10. #30
    Old Mossy Horns nccatfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Piedmont NC
    Posts
    12,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldest school View Post
    let me take a stab at that:
    You are too immobile to hunt any other way
    you have youngsters who cant hide very well
    you have small acreage to hunt
    you arent worried about the challenge just want to kill a turkey
    you cant call
    you are bowhunting
    you have bought into the myth that turkeys are so keen that any movement will spook them so you are actually afraid to hunt them sans blind.
    you want/need to use mobile devices during your hunt
    you need quick easy filmable footage for a tv show
    your 'sponsors" include a blind company
    you dont know any other way to hunt them
    you spent $800 on planting that stuff and want a ROI
    you cannot hear well enough to pursue turkeys via traditional ways
    you hunt big fields where they stay in all morning. that blind in the middle gives them a big surprise.

    that's all i got. we used to have the world's best turkey call maker (10 grand for his stuff) and killer (dozens each year) tell us how to hunt on this forum. he would have several more things he could add.
    but the "battle" on how folks hunt has already been waged here. I hope we can avoid it in the future.

    Good try though CRC, but wturkey aint takin that bait.
    You knocked that one out of the park.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •