How was your season?

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
As far as deer it was a somewhat normal year, the new normal. Killed two 8's and two does.

The experience: I had a ball! A great season!

cowgirl

Four Pointer
I didn't see any shooter bucks, just does and small bucks which neighbors killed. I was blessed to get 3 nice does for my freezer. This is my goal every year to get freezer meat and just spend time in the woods. I enjoy each and every hunt whether I see deer or not.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Abysmal. Saw the same 2-3 yearling does early on ... was hoping they'd bring in a buck ... they disappeared ... a young buck here and there ... hope they made it ... and at the end of the season, the same 3 fawns day in aND day out. Except for catching up with a good buddy of mine, it was a horrible season. Except for one small doe, it was a horrible season for my buddy as well.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
very good season in Scotland county
not as good in Rockingham county this year but still good.
Horrible hunting in Harnett county

Last edited:

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I was Blessed and had a great season! I Didn't kill a big buck. I killed my first in velvet (3 point) with a broken back leg and a nice 6 pointer on gamelands. Saw more deer this year in general all over then I ever have. Let plenty of young bucks walk. Looking forward to urban archery and next year already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yella

A great season for me, I was blessed to take two bucks and two does this season all in Union County. A 10 pt. with crossbow first week of bow season, followed by a nice 11 pt. during rifle season.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Sucked. First year in 20 years I didn't kill a deer. :(

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
The season was good for me. Got to hunt my new tract of land. I killed one mature buck and 2 other mature bucks where killed off my property as well. Looking forward to spring planting and seeing what bucks did make it though the season.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My son killed his first deer. I killed my widest, but not best deer. I got one coyote. not great, but not bad.

Windy gap

Four Pointer
Good year for me all things considered, I only made it in the woods about 8 times a lot less than normal but I killed 4 deer one a descent 8 pt. on a sad not this is the second year my aging father hasn't made it in the woods due to health problems it's not the same without him but I guess that's the circle of life.

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
It was alright I guess. Killed a nice 5pt running dogs opening day. Had an encounter with a monster buck the Sunday after thanksgiving but couldn't get a shot. Still hunting was dismal but I saw a lot of deer running dogs.

Ended up with 1 buck and a slickhead.

WildmanSC

Spike
I had my best season ever, but yet I had a not so good season. From September through the middle of November I saw deer all over the place in the fields, crossing roads, on game cameras, etc. During the season I saw a total of 3 deer and all 3 of them were during rifle season in Moore County. I took 3 shots and killed all 3 deer including a nice 8 point buck that is my largest buck to date. Thankfully, the freezer is full!

Then in early December my Podiatrist brought my deer hunting season to a halt. 5 weeks earlier I had walked out to the front porch to let my daughter's dog go potty. Unfortunately, I'm diabetic and have neuropathy in my feet. I didn't feel the concrete tear the skin on the bottom of my big toe on my right foot. However, my wife quickly discovered it when she found the blood trail I laid down in the living room, our bedroom and bathroom. She cleaned it up, put antibiotic cream and several band aids on it. That was on Friday and by Monday my toe was badly infected. I went to the doctor and he put me on an antibiotic medication for 10 days. It took care of the infection, but didn't stop an ulcer from forming.

Hunter's advice, if you're diabetic, NEVER walk out the door without shoes on. You can destroy your hunting season very quickly! A month later and I'm still undergoing treatments on my toe and wearing an unloading boot!

Last edited:

tjfreddy

Button Buck
It was a good year for me personally. This is the second year hunting a piece of property in Guilford County so I have it figured out a little more. I got to hunt a week with my brother over Thanksgiving, although I felt bad he only saw one deer the entire week. A buddy that I have been friends with since grade school came to bow hunt and he killed two does (I actually enjoy it more when someone else kills a deer if they are hunting with me). This year kind of renewed my passion for hunting.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
My season was good. My daughter shot a decent buck. My son shot a 9 pointer with his bow, and I shot my biggest buck ever. Can't argue with that.

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
Great year. My 9 yo son shot at 7 deer and got 6, 4 being bucks. I shot an 8 hunting by myself. Haven't done either in a long time.

Last edited:

Wncbowhunter

Ten Pointer
Smokey, spent pretty much all my deer season working due to the wildfires. Did manage to take a couple so all in all not a bad year. Just blessed to have had another year to enjoy the outdoors.

davidson county

Eight Pointer
killed nothing this year. but one of my best due to this was my first year back hunting in almost 5 years. medical reasons keep my out and all better now.

genbud78

Ten Pointer
Killed a decent buck and a doe. Let several young bucks walk and have some great deer on cam that will be monsters next season. Meat in the freezer and lived through the season God is good

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DWATT

Six Pointer
A pretty good season as a whole. Saw less mature bucks than I have in the last 5 years or so. Saw lot's of small bucks and lots of yearling deer. I did manage to kill a decent 10 pointer and 6 does.

DeerMechanic

very good season in Scotland county
not as good in Rockingham county this year but still good.
Horrible hunting in Harnett county

Wow I hunted Harnett county all season long and seen deer every time i hunted. Killed a decent 8pt and two does. Lost count of how many deer I let walk.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
We had a good year, my wife killed two bucks and one doe, I killed one buck and one doe.
All of our bucks were taken in Orange county and the two does were taken in Caswell county.

Lunchmoney

Good year for me. Got a 6 and a doe. My daughter got her first this year also. Turning the page to fishing season. Come on spring.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've been keeping hunting & fishing logs for decades, so have the exact numbers. Had 51 deer sightings while hunting, shot one 8 pointer.

Missed one doe early then took a buck I've had on camera for the past 2 years. Looking forward to next year; I was in the marching band this year so I couldn't get out much, but next year I should be able to do a lot more.IMG_2320.jpg

brown trout

Button Buck
not good season here lots of deer on camera at NIGHT none all season in day time have no clue how to bring the deer out during day time any ideas . thank you

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
how does that compare with 2014, the year you were alerting everyone on the ehd deal.

In 2014 (EHD year) I had 29 sightings, on the same land in Vance Co. and over the same period of the eastern rifle season. So things have improved since then, but not back to the 2013 level of 76 sightings.