Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oddball items you carry

Default Oddball items you carry

Deer seasons are over and the weather is bad so let's talk turkeys. What's an oddball item,non call related, that you carry to the woods in the spring. Mine is a plastic grocery bag. It has so many uses. It sounds like walking in leaves without much movement and when used right sounds exactly like a turkey flying up or down from or to roost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I carry a small bottle with some of my dads ashes in it. I also carry one or two mini bottles of wild turkey 101. Remembrance and Celebration I call it.

2 ziplock bags to put box calls in ( if it rains) , also carry extra rubber bands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt85 View Post
    I carry a small bottle with some of my dads ashes in it. I also carry one or two mini bottles of wild turkey 101. Remembrance and Celebration I call it.
    That's pretty cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Twelve Pointer

A turkeys foot from previous year for good luck also keep set in truck all for good luck

Four Pointer

Kleenex, because I'm the worlds worst turkey hunter and always leave the woods crying!

Plastic bread bag with a rubber band so my clothes don't get too messed up with the blood of a jelly head.

.... haven't needed it these past few years, though ...
    Dying isn't so bad. The real tragedy is that most people never really live.
    Proverbs 26:4
    Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

I carry paper towels folded up in my cargo pocket - instead of TP. I always carry an apple or orange and a couple granola bars also.
    "If you are serious about turkey hunting, then turkey hunt; if you want to relax, go fishing or sit in a deer stand." ~ L. Williams

Four Pointer

I don't carry much of anything. Just two turkey calls, diaphragm and slate call, crow call, bottle of water, old single barrel 12 ga. 2 shells and an empty bag to carry my turkey out of the woods. That's plenty for a run and gun 75 year old.

I always have a plastic bag or two with me in the woods, never know what you made need them for, anything from edible mushrooms to other trash I may find in the woods can go in a bag and get carried out.
    The last time I walked through the swamp, I stood up on a cypress stump, I listened close and I heard the ghost of Osceola cry