Trappers Education Classes - 2017

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The first half day trapper education class has been scheduled for February 4th in Surry County. This is the new 1/2 day course format that requires completion on an online module prior to the 1/2 day class. These classes are offered through the NCWRC Hunter Education program and are recognized as fulfilling Basic Trapper Ed requirements in all 50 sates.

Camp Raven Knob
266 Raven Nob Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030

I will try to keep this thread updated as additional classes are added. You can also check for Trapper Workshop availibility at any time by clicking on the following link:

https://www.register-ed.com/programs/northcarolina/46-north-carolina-hunter-education-workshops

If you have questions, send me a PM and I will do my best to get you an answer.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My son and I registered QBD. We may know each other. I am a long time Hunter Ed. Instructor.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If anyone is taking the basic course on Feb. 4 in Mt. Airy, you need to complete the online module and print your certificate before Jan. 30. The AFWA who administers the online course, is changing the website and it will not be available Jan. 30 until after Feb. 5.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There has been a change made to the location and date of the Advanced Beaver Trapping Workshop for the western Piedmont area of the state. The class is an all day, hands on workshop. If you have WDC certification renewal due within the next 12 months, this class covers the education requirement for renewal.

The new date is Nov. 18, 2017 in Spencer, NC on Alcoa Gamelands.

Here is a link for details and how to register:
http://www.nctrapper.org/index.php?p=1_51_Beaver-Trapping-Workshop-Spencer-NC

Last edited:

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
If you come to the Bear Creek class,... come and see me for a free bottle of lure!

Last edited:

hitman6397

Old Mossy Horns
Great class at bear creek I am sorry I didn't get to hang around and talk with you guys but I was on a tight schedule Saturday.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Hope you got some of my lure hitman!

I had to leave while y'all were up on the hill with Jimmy Pierce....he is a canine catching machine.

hitman6397

Old Mossy Horns
Hope you got some of my lure hitman!

I had to leave while y'all were up on the hill with Jimmy Pierce....he is a canine catching machine.

Yes sir I did and thanks again. I thought all of the instructors did a good job, a very good starting point for a beginner like me.