Ole Mossy got hit by a car last night

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Our dog club has been hunting this deer for 2 years now. Found out that he was hit by a car on Hoffman road last night. I hope the other one we been seeing makes it. My brother still hunted Every Friday in hopes to tag this buck. He was sick this morning when he found out the bad news.

Attachments

• IMG951980.jpg
    IMG951980.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This here is a pic before season was over

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1484788238541.jpg
    FB_IMG_1484788238541.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Hate that. We had one like him we had dubbed "Lucky". About 6 of us had missed him (including a couple of people that don't miss), and half of the club next door had missed him. Heck, they ran him every Saturday and nobody could kill that deer. Nice 10-point, probably would've been a record in that part of the county. 2 weeks after the season he got hit on the highway. We were all sick.

Last edited:

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Them big Sandhills bucks are hard to kill, even with a pack of dogs behind them. Hopefully another stud will take his place and y'all can run him across the WL and onto us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Our dog club has been hunting this deer for 2 years now. Found out that he was hit by a car on Hoffman road last night. I hope the other one we been seeing makes it. My brother still hunted Every Friday in hopes to tag this buck. He was sick this morning when he found out the bad news.

take your brother to rockingham and let him kill a biggun. so he can forget this one. hate those deals.

skydog

Hate seeing that

Always wonder how big mature bucks that are so good at not getting killed by hunters don't seem to have that same survival ability when it comes to avoiding highways.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
was it one of your crew that found him?
Ross and Bo said the guys name is Dusty Dutch who hit the deer. Somebody from Whitley hunt club posted it on facebook. They had also been hunting that deer All Season. Bo said Dusty has pics on his Facebook page

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hate seeing that

Always wonder how big mature bucks that are so good at not getting killed by hunters don't seem to have that same survival ability when it comes to avoiding highways.

This deer would run the swamp down to land that didn't get hunted every time the dogs would turn out. He would just out run the dogs past the standers. We could never get standers down into swamp to cut deer off.

Last edited:

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Huge disappointment for all who hoped to get that one I'm sure. Sorry for your loss.....

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
If I was hunting one like that and found out it got hit by a car I'd be sick too.

A couple of years ago I had a BIG 12 pointer show up on my game camera with four more decent prospects. They showed up during the day time and at night. Sometimes two or three times a day. The camera was hung over an automatic 50 gallon corn feeder set to feed twice a day. The first time ever filmed was on 16 December 15 and every day there after until 23 Dec. No video clips were taken on 24 Dec. On 25 Dec and until after the end of deer season the four other bucks showed up at the feeder and on camera. I never hunted over the feeder and did not pull the SD card until a week after the season closed. When I reviewed the SD card I saw the deer show up on 16 Dec my heart went into overdrive and each day there after until I reviewed the videos on 24 Dec and he didn't show up. Oh well I though he's just out somewhere with his girl friend. When two weeks had gone by, his buddies were still showing up I wanted to cry. LOL. I knew or at least felt pretty sure someone had killed him. I never got another video of that deer.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Definitely a real nice buck. Sad reality is Granny driving her once a week car to the grocery store usually runs over them. Hopefully he left a lot of seed spread around.