A couple of front porch sunrise shots

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sunrise 2017-snow 1 resized.jpg
Sunrise 2017-2 resized.jpg

I thought these recent front porch shots were decent enough to share...the wife liked them :)

(I have no idea how to upload these so that they are crisp and clear, when I resize them to fit it makes them blurry...sorry)

Last edited:

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Looks good, it seems like the sunrises and sunsets are prettier this time of year.

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks fellas, I'm very fortunate to have a front porch view like this quite often. These two pictures were taken weeks apart with my cell phone as I got ready to leave for work.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sunrise 2017-3 resized.jpg

This is another one of her favorites, it looks like there are patches of flames between the clouds..

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I know three things about taking photos. One: See an interesting view. Two: Turn on the camera. Three: snap the capture button. Having said that I will also state emphatically that the colors never turn out worth a hoot. I took one this morning with a view and colors much like yours and when I got home it turned out to be just a bunch of bright clouds, no color at all. When I snapped the photo the sky was an awesome reddish orange.

I thought it generally must take a special kind of lens to get the true color to show up but you stated you used your cell phone. Next time I'm going to try it with my cell but not sure I haven't tried it before but if I did it still didn't turn out worth a darn. What's the secret?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've taken many beautiful pictures with my cell phone. Mostly just luck, but I have found that sometimes low light works better since the camera searches out the brighter light of the sky.
The camera does wash out the colors a bit, but luckily the camera captured a good percentage of these.
Some of my best shots were of a sky in Canada, with a flip phone....they are framed now. That sky was scarlet red and fire orange, it is amazing.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
1cb8e9814d5a1df8bd82ac8cdba0e742.jpg

This morning's view

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just a minute ago, lots of soft pastel colors...pretty cool

Sent from
991a9ff199e0c33f156c377b908ed5ad.jpg
my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Those are great shots, and nice composition with the trees. Its amazing what we can do now with a smartphone camera!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lucky to have such a great view in the mornings like that !

Yes, I certainly am. It's not a Falls Lake spot, but it's home :)
I really liked the distinct separation of the different clouds in such a distinct line, I thought that made this an interesting picture.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I guess all those invisible layers of temperature / moisture / wind, etc.
And as you know, there aren't ever two days configurations that look the same...Mother Nature keeps us guessing

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This morning from the turkey woods..front porch shots
38888810e0c6afe7c0557538673b77cd.jpg
would have been amazing

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A few shots from the ol cell phone camera...sunset this time
cad4fa9c140994d30831422de8fe8e1e.jpg

faca16ae875e5f8d5ee524af9295844b.jpg

7c5d9461e31ee316b9725098b68e9ce7.jpg

Not off my front porch this time...if y'all haven't guessed.[emoji6]

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sad reason for being able to enjoy this kind of sight, but God puts joy all around us to temper the tough times.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I thought the first shot had "jake spur" written all over it.
Or maybe I'm just missing turkey season back home.