New game land coming to Stokes County

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
http://thestokesnews.com/news/local...hunting-property-made-available-to-the-public
Hunting and fishing regulations for the new Hill Farm Game Land are currently being promulgated by WRC.

“The Conservancy spent five years pursuing these properties with the ultimate goal of providing greater public access to the Dan River,” said Kevin Redding, executive director of PLC. “Fishing enthusiasts and hunters will soon have a new opportunity to access one of the Piedmont’s special places.”

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
"Fishing enthusiasts and hunters..." On 155 acres? I wonder how that public hunter, fisherman, hiker, bike peddler, butterfly watcher, meth factory ratio will work out.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
"Fishing enthusiasts and hunters..." On 155 acres? I wonder how that public hunter, fisherman, hiker, bike peddler, butterfly watcher, meth factory ratio will work out.

No kidding but hunting is proposed to be permit only.

Problem is hiking, dog walking, biking and birdwatching will be unlimited.

Last edited:

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No kidding but hunting is proposed to be permit only.

Problem is hiking, dog walking, biking and birdwatching will be unlimited.

If our taxes go to the same cause, I can't conceivably corner those as problems. The problem could be affording only 155 acres to the same folks at the same time. The fisherman makes out like a bandit, in this proposal. I'm not complaining, fishing wise, but I think it's a dangerous venture hunting wise.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I bet hundreds of basement dwellers could "hunt" on it. Keyboards don't take up much space.