Fishing reports?

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Come on y'all I know some of you are fishing in this gorgeous weather. I just ordered all new gear yesterday since mine was all broken and it isn't here yet so no fishing for me.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
85fd23d54b54a3c3348cc7b7a3859bfe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
if you arent out there (you already missed some good stuff) in the next week you are going to regret it.

Another 70 degree weekend!

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Spotted bass (or do I now have to call the Alabama bass?) were killing the whopper plopper again last weekend. Will go again this Saturday if baseball does not interfere...

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good to hear guys. Hoping to do some bank fishing on Kerr this weekend

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Good to hear guys. Hoping to do some bank fishing on Kerr this weekend

It is on fire. top five finishers in a tourney this weekend had over 20 lbs. a eight and seven lber were weighed in by the same team. those kinda fish and bags only show up early at buggs.

Good Luck.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It is on fire. top five finishers in a tourney this weekend had over 20 lbs. a eight and seven lber were weighed in by the same team. those kinda fish and bags only show up early at buggs.

Good Luck.

Thanks. I don't have the best bank access but it's better than not fishing lol

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got to a pond I usually fish today. Caught 5 or so on a white chatter bait, a few on a kvd 2.5, 1 one a big Mepps spinner, and I quit counting how many I got with a wacky rig on the one dock on the pond.

I had to cast a million times for the ones I caught but it was a good day. Caught a 4 and 5 lber

841734530151df7fb2b321e956f7744b.jpg

This is the biggest ^

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Buddy went to the tar river near bear Creek and caught 30+ rock. He caught no jeepers but the guy he was with limited out and two old timers caught 2 over 30 inches.

Troutfisher30

Fished Hanging Rock Lake this morning with no luck. Very cold lake even during the summer months.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
My buddy from work saying he caught several rock between 22 and 30 inches today in the Tar.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
whole fishing season is moved up a month. Everything is biting everywhere.

best february wide spread fishing in most folks memory.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
some shad getting caught,,,,,,,,

Was just at the town common park in greenville with my son and we walked down to the river. A couple guys were catching shad and he said it had been steady all morning. They are rebuilding the pier there so no fishing off the dock.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Was just at the town common park in greenville with my son and we walked down to the river. A couple guys were catching shad and he said it had been steady all morning. They are rebuilding the pier there so no fishing off the dock.

seen that when I went that way on the 13th,,,,they closed it that day,,,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
went out after work for a quick boat ride,,,,caught one on a Mepps,,,,,,not huge but fought well on light gear,,,,,

32178090974_8c0d53676a_c.jpg

JD1107

Had a good weekend fishing the farm pond here in Pitt county with one of my buddies. We caught around 30 crappie, 5 bass, 1 bream, 1 catfish, and 1 big bowfin all on minnows. Ended up keeping 15 crappie for the fryer and a catfish for a lady I work with who is always asking for fish.

Few pics from the weekend

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1968.jpg
    IMG_1968.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1977.jpg
    IMG_1977.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

redbow

Ten Pointer
Went yesterday with a buddy. We fished 5 different farm ponds in Moore co and between us, we caught 80+ bass. Caught them on senkos, shallow running crankbaits ( Mann's minus 1), white spinnerbaits, and buzzbaits. His biggest was 5.5 lbs and my biggest was a big gal pushing 7 lbs. Caught her on a black buzzbait. Unreal for February.15757.jpg

Last edited:

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Went to a farm pond yesterday I had never fished before. Caught 12-15 and only 4 were under 3 lbs. big fish was 7.

All fish caught on a white chatterbait running parallel to grass, and a t-rig craw pattern.