any bucks dropping yet?

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
I shed hunt a lot, and normally start seriously looking march 15th. Just wondering if anyone has seen any bucks that's shed yet, or found any fresh sheds? Also what county?

All my bucks that I've been watching and on trail cameras are still holding antlers. I'm in Durham/Person Counties.

zbrady

Four Pointer
My wife and I saw three on Sunday that still had antlers. It looked like one was rubbing and trying to knock them off.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
They started dropping them where I hunt the last week of the season. Seems that has been the case for the last several years, with a few of the bucks. I have not had a picture of a buck still carrying into February in a long time. Last time I checked the cam, only thing still holding on to them was a couple of spikes. Alleghany county.

Last edited:

ncturkeyhunter

I found a nice one in Granville last Friday. Found it in a wheat field.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Wish I could find a good Deer antler, they make an excellent nut and saddle for a guitar..

Last edited:

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Wish I could find a good Deer antler, they make an excellent nut and saddle for a guitar..
Send me a pm. I've got lots. I'd send you one to use. Only request is to see the finished product.

All my bucks are still holding as of yesterday in Person/Durham counties.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Johnston County.... all the bucks I have on camera have dropped except one half of a cowhorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Checked camera yesterday and some are still holding but they are all young bucks, older boys have dropped here...got to get my walking boots on and look before the snakes crawl...

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
Found one side of an eight point I guess in both Nash and Halifax county. Camera shows most bucks still holding in both counties as of Saturday

Last edited:

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Drove by the fields near Philip Morris in Concord on 29 yesterday afternoon and field was loaded with deer. Pulled over to put the binos on them, saw 4 bucks mixed in with several doe. Still holding in Cabarrus, biggest was a nice 12 pt, 2 that were either 8's or 10's (couldnt see any brow tines) and a big 6.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Dont know what they are doing up here in Granville. No pictures of bucks (or many deer for that matter) but that isn't much different from all season long.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Most of them in WV seemed to have dropped in the last week, according to the pictures my buddy sent me this weekend. I also saw one here on MCAS Cherry Point that had dropped antlers last week.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just pulled cards in Randolph county. Most of the bucks still have their antlers. I didn't find any sheds in the plots.

That just confirms why I don't shed hunt until mid march. Ours hold antlers into March most of the time. The best time, IMO is right before greenup around April 1st.

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Great start!

2.jpg

Have no idea why the photo is flipped but you get the picture!

Last edited:

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
b8a69173b233e692d0488953d537dbea.jpg

Dropped between Saturday and today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk