Gobbling reports

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
2 are absolutely fired up. I've got them a lot closer but they won't come up the power line from their field

#3 just got fired back up too. None of them will budge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
I covered around 4 miles this morning on foot, my son got on one yesterday morning but he did not come across, we been hearing him, well I go solo and not a peep, I could here my tame turkeys gobbling and I was 2 miles away, they are shut down or just gone. Headed to game lands later,something has got to die.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Heard more this morning than all season. Worked a mature bird for an hour. Only thing I could get to cross the property line was 4 jakes.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
We ended up at a friend's place this morning started off a little slow. We crossed the property doing a little calling and finally struck one up. Had three young birds come running in and gobbling. Only two year old birds but he was happy to get his second of the year. Great video. That makes 5 birds in 4 hunts. Great season!!

Last edited:

useyourbow

Eight Pointer
Nash county was quite this morning. Not a peep. Was working in the back yard here NE Raleigh and a bird gobbled around 3:00 so sat on the patio and called him in for giggles.

redbow

Ten Pointer
Had one gobbling good in Rockingham. Answering everything. I decided to get quiet and so did he. Ate breakfast at Debbie's in stoneville and went back out. Got him to gobble once and that was it. Extremely humbling season for me

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just over the property from a roosted bird first thing. A mouthy hen worked in between us and he went the other direction. Moved across the road and had a group of 5 jakes gobble at us. I swear these jakes are terrorizing the whole property. They ran a gobbler off in front of us opening morning, and ever since, there has been nothing but this group of jakes on the property, and they are always there - every morning. It's like gang territory. A property that normally has great hunting has been ruined by a pack of rowdy jakes. If we could have gotten them to come closer we were going to try to shoot one or two to break them up.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Heard the same 3 birds gobble up in Rockingham county that I heard on opening day . 2 gobbled 3 times each. The other bird gobbled maybe 40 to 50 times that we got into gun range . Heard a different bird gobble across the road twice.

robertc

Eight Pointer
Heard the same 3 birds gobble up in Rockingham county that I heard on opening day . 2 gobbled 3 times each. The other bird gobbled maybe 40 to 50 times that we got into gun range . Heard a different bird gobble across the road twice.
Jug,

Did your buddy get his bird?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing this am. Had a hen land in my lap off the roost without saying a word. That got the heart pumping.

Speed1

Eight Pointer
Get ready for them to gobble Wednesday and Thursday. If you are in a location where it's clear Wednesday morning they should be ready. Thursday morning will fit that bill for most. Should break clear Thursday morning for us all.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Get ready for them to gobble Wednesday and Thursday. If you are in a location where it's clear Wednesday morning they should be ready. Thursday morning will fit that bill for most. Should break clear Thursday morning for us all.
I hope so because I will be high on a ridge listening Wednesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

I agree. I'd take Wednesday off if didn't have Doc Apt. But might take time Thursday.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
One single gobble on the limb. Pretty sure it was a jake. One way off gobbled at a crow as I was leaving. I bet tomorrow will be better.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
was surprised at how quite it was this morning. Heard one bird on roost. Gobbled maybe 10 times. Answered me once and shut up. He gobbled on his own one time around eight and another bird gobble in distance two times. Left and went to work.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I walked and called for 3 hours this afternoon and never heard or saw any turkeys, but I saw 4 different hens in fields
while riding around today, no gobblers in sight.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Feast of Famine here in Harnett county. I had birds everywhere the week before and the 1st week of the season. The birds have disappeared from around here since the 2nd Saturday of the season.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
less land, and more hunters= tough times in the turkey woods, its kinda becoming monotonous, its like i'm playing a game by myself

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I'm lucky to still have birds. Roosted two yesterday evening, but I'm off too work. Both were full strut for the last couple hours of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk