Gobbling reports

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
I've seen a few and heard 1 gobbling in chatham. But don't really have anywhere to listen or to hunt if I did oh well. Time to live through you guys. Even if i get to go with a buddy I may only get to go twice due to us being on opposite rotation.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
My dad and I were hunting coyotes with his Foxpro a couple weekends ago. Heard one gobble at a coyote howl This was in Alamance county

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Was in low 20's here this morning and drove by saw decent group birds in field sunning pulled out ol alum I keep in truck turned out there were 2 longbeards and at least 2 jakes in the group all gobbled at sharp cutts

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Was in low 20's here this morning and drove by saw decent group birds in field sunning pulled out ol alum I keep in truck turned out there were 2 longbeards and at least 2 jakes in the group all gobbled at sharp cutts
I'm going out tomorrow morning. It's supposed to be cold, but I've got a lot of land to learn. Hope I can hear at least one. My Florida buddies are already killing and it's tearing me up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm going out tomorrow morning. It's supposed to be cold, but I've got a lot of land to learn. Hope I can hear at least one. My Florida buddies are already killing and it's tearing me up.

I bet so this only time you would ever hear me say I wish I lived in south Fla jealous of that early opener. I'll probably start scouting next weekend just to stretch the old legs

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
4 gobbling hard this am. Had a hen answer them a few times and then she flew down towards their roost tree.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
We heard 6 gobbling there tail feathers off this morning. We watched one strutting with some hens and a lot of hen chatter first thing this morning. They were wound up pretty good!!

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Seen birds last 2 mornings and they are all wadded uo here still no split up this moring seen longbeards hens and jakes all in same field were roosted about 50 yards inside woodline and were all chatty on limb silent on ground jakes and tome gobbling together and all tolerating each other on ground no breeding activity her still 10-14 days away around here but sure nice to hear some gobbling

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Didn't hear anything this morning but did see a monster gobbler all by itself 5 feet off a busy highway. Found a lot of scratching in different areas.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Didn't hear anything this morning but did see a monster gobbler all by itself 5 feet off a busy highway. Found a lot of scratching in different areas.

Give it about 2 weeks if your in area I think its little early for there usually about 2oth March give or take, they will start breaking up soon and it'll increase the odds of hearing one still bunched up now getting to know lay of land though which is always good I was doing some walking myself this morning got little more winded tells me I need to either get younger or get out lot more before April

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Give it about 2 weeks if your in area I think its little early for there usually about 2oth March give or take, they will start breaking up soon and it'll increase the odds of hearing one still bunched up now getting to know lay of land though which is always good I was doing some walking myself this morning got little more winded tells me I need to either get younger or get out lot more before April
Lol,I'm right there with you and I can't get younger. Coming from Florida the terrain is going to be my biggest challenge up here. Down there I would cover 5 or 6 miles on foot no problem.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
no gobbles. but saw a nice size flock in the woods with TWO smoke phase hens. That's a first for me.

this area has some genetic diversity for sure. a long bearded hen also lives there.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Finally saw them for the first time this year near the house. 10 or so hens and a huge strutter out in the hay field just a few minutes ago. Man, that will get your engine running! That guy looked like a black Lazy Boy in the middle of a group of turkeys.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
no gobbles. but saw a nice size flock in the woods with TWO smoke phase hens. That's a first for me.

this area has some genetic diversity for sure. a long bearded hen also lives there.

would absolutely love to get either a smoke phase or bronze gobbler beautiful birds. Maybe one them will breed a tome for you

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
blown up.jpg

Saw this flock with three strutters in it early this morning alongside Hwy 55 at the Craven/Pamlico line....

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Heard 2 on the limb, only 3 gobbles between em. Saw 2 more strutting bout a mile away. Person Co.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Heard some all week here. Around 6:30 am they have been fired up. Monday sounded like 5 birds, Tuesday 2, Wed. 4, This morning only one gobbled. At least I know something is around!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Heard some all week here. Around 6:30 am they have been fired up. Monday sounded like 5 birds, Tuesday 2, Wed. 4, This morning only one gobbled. At least I know something is around!

That is good to hear I was getting little worried doing some riding off some the roads off hwy 115 and toward Harmony hadn't seen hardly any in fields they should be splitting up before to much longer ones I did hear last weekend were still bunched

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
That is good to hear I was getting little worried doing some riding off some the roads off hwy 115 and toward Harmony hadn't seen hardly any in fields they should be splitting up before to much longer ones I did hear last weekend were still bunched

We taught them to stay out of sight from 115 and 901 lol!

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I have been concerned myself driving those same roads not seeing any turkeys in any of the fields. Then Sunday my dad and I saw a monster gobbler right on the corner of 901 and 115 not 10 feet off the road. I was shocked.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I have been concerned myself driving those same roads not seeing any turkeys in any of the fields. Then Sunday my dad and I saw a monster gobbler right on the corner of 901 and 115 not 10 feet off the road. I was shocked.

getting closer to that time when they finally split we'll get more sightings goin to listen Sat morning see what happens

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
heard one gobble one time about 7:30 on saturday. First one of the year for me.

guys i was with had heard him twice while i was running my mouth.

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
On fire yesterday morning in Beaufort County. Heard three different birds, saw one strutting with 6 hens at 10:30.

Last edited:

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I went to move some stands then coyote hunted yesterday afternoon. I watched 10 or so birds roost and at dark had a gobbler gobbling from the roost at just about everything that made a noise!!

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns

We don't have any turkeys here...If you look south from that intersection the three mountains you see together are our farm...

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Cold as ice this morning guess their beaks were froze shut stopped at place know they are there and not a peep

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I saw 3 groups of birds today while working. On 40 just west of Statesville saw a gobbler strutting with 6 hens.