Three is the charm!

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
Well, I'm taking to trapping pretty well! This is my third coyote. A female!
I started sometime in early January. To date I have;
3 coyotes, 2 female, 1 male
2 Red Fox (released)
1 Bobcat
1 coon (released)
1 opossum (released)
1 skunk!!!
Only a few days left but already looking forward to next season.

e623eed9a47b999d9ef67a4918e144d0.jpg
dbcca7a26c2ed33ff9e564f62af4f034.jpg
577400016bc51387c26fc4175fd9d287.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Never trapped and know less than nothing about it, but curious as to how you release a critter without getting bit?? Seems they would be more than a little pissed off. LOL

Last edited:

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
Never trapped and know less than nothing about it, but curious as to how you release a critter without getting bit?? Seems they would be more than a little pissed off. LOL

I use this thing. It's home made and on loan from a friend. You put the loop over its head, pull the loop tight and hold the head down to the ground as you open the trap with your feet.
That being said, the guy who is teaching me to trap also releases animals without the tool. Quite a sight to see!
98fc602bb54d529be0231dbbebad4ee2.jpg

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
I use this thing. It's home made and on loan from a friend. You put the loop over its head, pull the loop tight and hold the head down to the ground as you open the trap with your feet.
That being said, the guy who is teaching me to trap also releases animals without the tool. Quite a sight to see!
98fc602bb54d529be0231dbbebad4ee2.jpg

If you ever need to release a coyote (I don't see why, unless you're live-trapping them to sell to fox hunters), you're gonna need a longer, steel pole. I had to release a pizzed-off Rottweiller one time and he would have chewed that short plastic thing up and whipped my :donk:donk:donk with it.

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
If you ever need to release a coyote (I don't see why, unless you're live-trapping them to sell to fox hunters), you're gonna need a longer, steel pole. I had to release a pizzed-off Rottweiller one time and he would have chewed that short plastic thing up and whipped my :donk:donk:donk with it.

I have no intentions of releasing any coyotes. Getting rid of them is the primary reason I trap!!!!
As far as a Rottweiler goes...... it's up to him if he gets released or not!!!!
A steel pole might be in my future though, I'm starting to really enjoy trapping!