Thank the Lord for Vitamin D pills!

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've felt full body pain for as long as I care to remember and I'm only 31. Last month I swallowed my pride and sought help for this pain.

I've been prescribed narcotics in the past. I've also been told to take Motrin and change my socks. I'm not kidding. Like that was going to help.

I had enough blood drawn, at the end of last month, to justify a transfusion on a Walker(TWD fans know.)

Results came back as severely deficient vitamin D level.

I was prescribed 50,000U tablets once per week for 12 weeks and one 2000U tablet per day until told to stop.

I took my first 50,000U pill this morning at 8am and by 11, I felt like a brand new man. That pill has done more for my pain management and mindset than any other prescription ever has.

Just wanted to share for those, who's full body bone pain has their provides stumped.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Vitamin D deficiency can cause foul moods as well. We noticed a huge change in behavior in our foster son when we had him just from taking Vitamin D.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
After reading this, I would honestly HATE to be a DR.

I would have never thought your symptoms could be solved by your latest Rx.

They go through a lot. They are told a lot. And as I can attest, they are LIED to a LOT!!!:skeerd:

Glad you found one that found the nail!!! I hope it lasts!

Last edited:

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Vitamin D deficiency can cause long term problems also. I take one capsule a day. Dark skin people do not absorb Vitamin D from the sun as well as others.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
50,000 units? In one pill? I was taking 5,000. I don't remember seeing such a high dose in one pill. I've fallen away from it but need to do it again as my bloodwork comes back showing I'm deficient.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
50,000 units? In one pill? I was taking 5,000. I don't remember seeing such a high dose in one pill. I've fallen away from it but need to do it again as my bloodwork comes back showing I'm deficient.

It depends on what your using for 50,000 units is usual starter for his description usually weekly for 12 weeks then go to monthly after draw another Vit D level. If your lab was low you need to take there are no side effects except the cost and generic is cheap. the lower doses 1000-4000 units daily is more as preventitve than treatment. Vit D is something that is hard to take to much of so don't worry if told to take high doses age plays role many need preventative and treatments doses with aging toss in some Oscal and you know your getting old LOL

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Mack, go for it! La, I've noticed I have more patience. NcState, thank you. I'm certain that I've been confused a time or two for a pill head. "Phantom" pains and all. Lol. Dc, I was surprised when I looked up the long term effects. Hopefully I can curb those now. Hawk, 50,000 is what was mailed to me along with my full blood work up. Turkey, you sound like you've seen this more than once. Only side effects so far are less pain, IBS is gone for now and more patience. Two things I can certainly live with less of and one a certainly need more of.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I've handed out about ten thousand of em so you could say that. Glad your feeling better it takes while to correct the blood levels so you should get more improvement over time hope your next level is good

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thank you, Turkey. I'm looking forward to more improvement. Typing "more improvement" makes me feel greedy, considering the enormous blessings over the past day.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Cool. I just need to start taking it again. One thing was I had gone from a job that had a lot iffy outfits to one with a lot of office work. No sun.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

witler

Eight Pointer
B&B, we must have the same doctor, my doc. thinks 2 aspirin and a band-aid will cure cancer.

On the serious side, was the 50K a prescription type or over the counter type of pill?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I take 50k IU 2 times a week.
Do it for pain and headache.

Mine was off the chart low. They checked it and had it rechecked 3 times then put me on 50 iu every day for one month then the 2x a week.

It helps

Trappertod

Six Pointer
I was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2015, after a resection and being run through the mill with test it was determined that I needed no further treatment. During this time though my oncologist checked all my levels. My vit. D was extremely low. I take the 50k once a week. I can tell you I feel better. Not only that vit D is good for colon cancer. I also take a multi vitamin as well daily along with a good probiotic. I never knew that vitamin D affected so many things until I started to read about it.

Also to all you fellas out there, get you colonoscopy done. I was 40 at my diagnosis, my kids need to start being checked at age 30. I cannot emphasize that enough.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
After reading this, I would honestly HATE to be a DR.

I would have never thought your symptoms could be solved by your latest Rx.

They go through a lot. They are told a lot. And as I can attest, they are LIED to a LOT!!!:skeerd:

Glad you found one that found the nail!!! I hope it lasts!

you bring up a good point.

I am reading some stuff that will scare you. (or it does me). even the best doctors in the world make different diagnoses from the same patient info.

sad thing is when shown the same symptoms (labs, pics, etc.) multiple times, the same doctor gave different diagnoses. Yikes.

the experiment was to test bias on decision making and the test was with world class oncologists.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hawk, from what these guys are saying, get back on it immediately.
Witler, we must have had the same one at some point. That or they went through school together. It was a prescription for 50,000.
Gadget,it's crazy how much a vitamin helps for pain. Glad you found out for yours and glad it works for you.
Trapper, thank you for your example and for giving another reason we all need to get checked out. Even for something as uncomfortable to talk about as that. Happy to hear you're doing well and that a simple vitamin is helping you.
Oldest, I'm familiar with a similar study. The same doctors were giventhe same info. 1st go-round, they were to assume the patient had been treated for certain things and that amputation or removal of an organ was necessary prior to a new study showing it wasn't necessary until after having gone through with another type of therapy. 1 choice turns into 2 and a very high percentage of Drs. chose to forego the amputation or removal for the new treatment. The same Drs. given different examples, but now 2 new types of therapy or treatment almost always chose to go through with the amputation or removal instead of trying a different route. It's pretty scary.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
One thing i found was doc to doc some are open minded some not.
I fired two of mine. The would not even test Vit D, said no reason does nothing and if i was in the sun some i was fine. Even with current info in hand they said no it cost too much to test for what it does.
Went to other doc and found one that was very good and open to current info and new stuff and studies.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Cool. I just need to start taking it again. One thing was I had gone from a job that had a lot iffy outfits to one with a lot of office work. No sun.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'd be curious to know how much sun really effects vitamin D. I was diagnosed as low. My doctor told me to be in sun more often. I said really. I'm almost black year round and in sun 3-4 hrs minimum a day. She put me on supplements and levels got to normal.

Question: Even in levels are normal do you all think a vitamin d supplement is still good for you?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
My body just does not process the sun and take in the D like it should is what I was told.
Had a few tests one winter and one summer.
Even being dark tanned showing I was in the sun a bunch I was still very low or about the same as winter not being in the sun much.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My body just does not process the sun and take in the D like it should is what I was told.
Had a few tests one winter and one summer.
Even being dark tanned showing I was in the sun a bunch I was still very low or about the same as winter not being in the sun much.

I saw a study that showed dark skinned people have a tenancy not to process sun. Guess I fall into this category.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I'd be curious to know how much sun really effects vitamin D. I was diagnosed as low. My doctor told me to be in sun more often. I said really. I'm almost black year round and in sun 3-4 hrs minimum a day. She put me on supplements and levels got to normal.

Question: Even in levels are normal do you all think a vitamin d supplement is still good for you?

KTMan. I don't have an answer for you there. I'm sure different people behave differently when it comes to absorbing and utilizing Vitamin D.