Realtree laments the fact their is no "trophy" management for deer in NC

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
But what if the biologists propose to cut opportunities to fill the freezer , saying its in the best interest in the future of the deer herd?

Are hunters willing-both hard core trophy and meat hunters- to put the herd first?

Are your kids going to starve if you can't put 5+ does in the freezer a year?
If you put the herd first you still will have to harvest some does. There won't be trophy bucks exclusively, there will even be cull bucks. You know, people eat them.

You will just have to resign to the fact that other than you, people kill deer and many other types of game to eat.

Now run on and stir another pot.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
You may or may not have to.

You will just have to resign to the fact that other than you, people kill deer and many other types of game to eat.

I know that but a lot of those folks act like they are entitled to kill that game and nobody should be denying them opportunities to do so.

It will be interesting watching those type folks complain if the WRC proposes restructuring the current seasons.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You may or may not have to.

I know that but a lot of those folks act like they are entitled to kill that game and nobody should be denying them opportunities to do so.

It will be interesting watching those type folks complain if the WRC proposes restructuring the current seasons.
Lets see, those folks that you say are acting "entitled". I would be willing to bet that the majority of them have households they are at least helping to maintain. Most work, probably full time. Many have families of their own to support.

Given the fact that under the current guidelines it is perfectly legal and for many has been a way of life to support or at least be a supplementary source of food for their families.

Could it be since you have absolutely nothing in common with these people is why you can't understand it?

Last edited:

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
But what if the biologists propose to cut opportunities to fill the freezer , saying its in the best interest in the future of the deer herd?

Are hunters willing-both hard core trophy and meat hunters- to put the herd first?

Are your kids going to starve if you can't put 5+ does in the freezer a year?

This ^^^^shows you have zero comprehension of hunting and any outdoor pursuits. Even your hypothetical bull$!tt is so unrealistic it's obvious you've never stepped foot in the woods.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
This ^^^^shows you have zero comprehension of hunting and any outdoor pursuits. Even your hypothetical bull$!tt is so unrealistic it's obvious you've never stepped foot in the woods.

Sorry bud I've seen too many selfish hunters who only care about themselves and today and not the resource and down the road.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
And I've seen a lot of keyboard cowboys that have never stepped foot in the woods. The internet is there escape into a life they wish they had.........

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
And I've seen a lot of keyboard cowboys that have never stepped foot in the woods. The internet is there escape into a life they wish they had.........

I set foot in the woods plenty.

I enjoy hunting. I don't have to kill something to get enjoyment out of hunting.

take it easy

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I enjoy hunting. I don't have to kill something to get enjoyment out of hunting.
Keep telling yourself you are above the ones that hunt for the table. I suspect your parents told you that you could be anything you wanted to be, how did that work out?

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I set foot in the woods plenty.

take it easy

I'm gonna go ahead and throw the bull$h!t flag on that one. your not a hunter and you never will be. There's not one d@mn thing I've ever seen you post on here that would ever lead me to believe otherwise. If anything, your a part time hiker that never gets outta sight from the car.

lowery63

Four Pointer
Ima start some more on this thread i guess for some of us not meat hunters the rest that just hunts for mature deer are just fake hunters wow i guess ima fake hunter then

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ima start some more on this thread i guess for some of us not meat hunters the rest that just hunts for mature deer are just fake hunters wow i guess ima fake hunter then

you do know that being a meat hunter does not preclude one from also being a hunter of mature deer, don't ya? Not sure why you are on such a high horse about the deer you want to harvest,,,,,,what age are you all managing for? Or do you manage by antlers?

lowery63

Four Pointer
4.5 year at a minimum but going on other post that was said that just because some dont put an emphasis on meat hunting were not hunters i can be the odd ball out and i could care less about shooting small young deer or does for that matters do i shoot does yes its a necessary evil but does nothing for me to shoot but again i guess im not a true hinter cause i dont meat hunt

lowery63

Four Pointer
But we all will disagree we will argue meat hunting is the only way trophy hunting is the only way the same argument that still hunters and deer dogging have disagreed with forever that y we can choose to hunt certain places without the other

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
OK, shot you a PM,,,only a handful of places in hoke with that much land in one block,,,,,,,,

five points area?