Omg snow!!!

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Its surely anomalous however mother nature tends to balance things out and its only fitting that she slams NC with a snowstorm after weeks of way way above normal temps. The actual odds of this happening in any given year is extremely low, but it does happen, in fact the model plots for this storm match up very well with the Mar 9th 1960 event which the old timers here probably remember well...in fact 1960 had 3 events 3 Wed in a row. I would take this with a HUGE grain of salt at this time but if the models hold on to it and still show it Friday then it might pan out. The fact that the models mirror the Mar 9th 1960 event is rather neat though I imagine if the technology was available back then that the runs we are seeing on the models with this possible storm would be about what they saw in 1960.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Its surely anomalous however mother nature tends to balance things out and its only fitting that she slams NC with a snowstorm after weeks of way way above normal temps. The actual odds of this happening in any given year is extremely low, but it does happen, in fact the model plots for this storm match up very well with the Mar 9th 1960 event which the old timers here probably remember well...in fact 1960 had 3 events 3 Wed in a row. I would take this with a HUGE grain of salt at this time but if the models hold on to it and still show it Friday then it might pan out. The fact that the models mirror the Mar 9th 1960 event is rather neat though I imagine if the technology was available back then that the runs we are seeing on the models with this possible storm would be about what they saw in 1960.

I know we missed a lot of school that year....

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
A little outside the 10 day rule but it was thundering on the first. I'll let you guys in Raleigh know if it is heading your way.

witler

Eight Pointer
I remember that year, was only 9 yrs. old. 2' icicles on the barn, remember Dad putting chains on the '56 Ford to get to work at L&M. Thick layer of ice on top of snow, could ride your bike on it and not break thru. The down side was, it seemed like we had to go to school half the summer for make up days but then being in school kept us out of the hot tobacco patch.

Strange how the mind works as one gets older, I can remember more from 50 years ago than I can from 5 minutes ago.

Harpoon

This morning on The Weather Channel app on Iphone says 90% chance Sunday with 1-3"....now saying 1"

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns

Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Well my yard is white, looks like a inch or so and still coming down. But it's a real wet snow.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Real pretty snow this morning especially with that group of about 20 turkeys feeding about inch her as well

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Well my yard is white, looks like a inch or so and still coming down. But it's a real wet snow.

A bit more here (2") on the surfaces that don't promote melting but most of it has melted down to an inch or so. Had one 10 minute heavy flurry but it slacked off again.

004.JPG

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Started with just hominy snow this morning, some decent size flakes coming down now in Bridgeton. Ground's too warm for it to stick, it's melting as soon as it hits....thank you Lord.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Well, the weather folks were actually right. They said it would snow today (days ago) and it did. It snowed, it was pretty, and now it's gone. What a lovely day!