Sherpa game cart

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
At the DDC last weekend, I visited Sherpa Hunting where they were selling the Sherpa Game Cart. It is basically a metal bracket on an axle with solid wheels where the teeth on a climbing stand fit into the bracket. It turns your climbing stand into a cart that you can use to haul a deer out of the woods. Here's their website:
http://sherpahunting.com/game_cart_models.html

The product looks interesting. My two main concerns is weight and price. Their "game cart" weighs about 10 lbs. If your climbing stand is around 20 lbs, you've increased the weight you're carrying by 50%. It costs $120. I'd be more inclined to buy it at half that price. It seems like a nice product for places where you walk more than one mile back. Anything closer, I'll walk out with my stand to my vehicle and walk back for the deer with my sled that I currently use.

Has anyone bought this product and what are your opinions on it?

Last edited:

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I haven't handled one so I can't say, but I feel like it would be too short for practical use. You would drag all stooped over pulling the car.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Good people and good product.
Made in NC.
They were set up next to us and had some time to look at and play with their stuff.

The thought on it was to use as a cart in and out or leave in the woods for when you vet a deer then remove the stand add the wheels and you are off to take your deer out.

It is easier than not having a cart, not much more than a good cart and lighter than the normal carts you buy.

So if you were to use it in to carry corn and gear, leave it in the woods then bring it out with stand and deer it looks very useful.

After hauling a cart in the truck all year for years it make everything easier and more compact.

If you never plan to roll a deer out or carry it on a cart then it may not.be for you.
If you will be using a cart, something to drag or haul a deer this is the ticket to make it lighter, more compact and multi use for corn, deer, gear, tools and what ever you need.

No ties, just spen time talking and looking at the products.
If I was still using climber I would own one.
If I did not have and use an ATV I would own one.
They also attach to 2 man ladder stands to get in and out of the woods.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
The thought on it was to use as a cart in and out or leave in the woods for when you vet a deer then remove the stand add the wheels and you are off to take your deer out.

I just looked at the website and it appears that I talked with the owner. We had a pleasant conversation. As part of that conversation, I asked about the brochure where it shows a hunter hauling his gear using the wheels with the stand in a folded position instead of open cart position. You can see that on the third photo that scrolls on the main webpage.
http://sherpahunting.com/index.html

I said that I probably would want to carry in attached to the stand on my back to reduce noise. That's what you see in the first photo on the main webpage. I would worry about spooking a deer with the noise of the wheels across leaves. He said that what he does is that if he is walking 3 miles to his stand location, he'll wheel the stand for 2.5 miles and then carry it for the last 0.5 miles. That made sense.

He also stated that the Treewalker, my climbing stand, is one of the better ones to convert to game cart due to the long length of the stand.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I made a special point to stop and speak with them. I find it a very intriguing product. I worry the wheels are too short, and it might be hard to pull with a deer in it, but definitely better than dragging!!

I love the deer cart I got years ago (can't find anymore). I would be devastated if something ever happened to it.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
I made a special point to stop and speak with them. I find it a very intriguing product. I worry the wheels are too short, and it might be hard to pull with a deer in it, but definitely better than dragging!!

I love the deer cart I got years ago (can't find anymore). I would be devastated if something ever happened to it.

What make cart or what's it look like?

hitman6397

Old Mossy Horns
Cool idea but my thought is..Because I hunt with API climpers and the seats and arm rests have cloth covers you would have a hard time washing the blood out of it from hauling a deer on it and could cause bad smells after a while if not cleaned asap when you get home.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Who walks 3 miles to a stand? I suppose there are some places that is possible. Definitely a cool product but was cost prohibitive for me and I have two Summits.
I have 2 carts. If I am hunting around the house I leave it in the garage and come back for it after I have recovered the deer. On gamelands I keep it in the truck and do the same thing. So far I have not needed a product like this since my treks in to my hunting destination are not so far that it's a big deal to return to the truck for the cart.

KillShot

I've heard nothing but good things about them. Being from NC, I'm always happy to support a locally made product!