found this earlier , cool story !

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Two Men Who Attempt To Rob A 67-Year-Old Man In The Woods Pay A Bitter Price

Poor prior planning leads to… well, not a good performance (that is not really the complete saying, but we will keep it G-rated!). This is an old army saying my dad used to say all the time when I was growing up.

The would-be robber in this story clearly never heard that saying. He and a friend showed up to rob someone with a fake gun and a stick. One assailant wore a mask and came up to a 67-year-old man in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania.
old man
The robber was reportedly in his late teens, or early twenties then held a pellet gun up and pointed it in the older man’s face. The gunman’s friend stood nearby with his stick. There was a brief physical altercation between the gunman and the older man.
old man
The victim then pulled out a real gun – and shot the attacker straight in the head. He died on scene. The victim has a ‘concealed weapons license’ and has no previous criminal record. He was taken to the hospital after the incident complaining of chest pains.
old man
He is going to make a full recovery. The dead man’s accomplice fled the scene and is still missing. The older man will not be charged with any crime in the incident. The police stated that the man thought the toy gun was real and that his actions were self-defense.

You can’t be too careful these days. You shouldn’t try to rob someone just because you think they are old and frail. They could be carrying!

Share away, people.

Last edited:

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
"God created men. Samuel Colt made them equal."...That goes for "old men" too.

Scrappy

Button Buck
Not sure why it's relevant that the old man thought the pellet gun was real. Even if the attackers had no gun this is clearly self defense.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
That's the issue with old men, their too old to take a butt kicking or run so they just shoot you on the spot!!!

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah my 79 year old Dad went on a bear hunt to Canada this past fall, on a pig hunt to Texas last week and is headed to Alaska this fall for a moose hunt. In between we have a bunch of turkey hunts and deer hunts planned.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Somewhere out there, someone is crying out about some injustice because a "teenager" was killed because his toy gun was hastingly mistaken for a real one, and that without CCW, that teenager would still be alive today and carrying on his tradition of being a constructive member of society.

I hope the 67 year old recovers well. I wouldn't wish what he had to do and the ouctome on anybody. As justified as it is, that doesn't mean he can carry on like any other normal day.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Can't agree more with Ellwood. What the hell has an Old Man got to loose when confronted by some dumb assed punk?

davidson county

Eight Pointer
if the teen had pulled a real gun. would the older man be here? I think not. sorry the man had to go through this. was always taught if you pull a gun, plan on using it.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Play stupid games and win a death prize, don't blame the old man one bit for shooting the thug..I'm an old man myself and would hate to hurt someone, I hope the older guy is okay, he will certainly have to deal with this as best he can..

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
guess I am different

I find it a story that should be told, the older gentlemen was in the right, but I don't find it "cool",,,,having to kill someone isn't cool,,,,,it just has to be done sometimes,,,,,,,,,

Boojum

Ten Pointer
I say good for him. Maybe he educated a few thugs and might prevent more of this type thing happening around there.

witler

Eight Pointer
Somewhere out there, someone is crying out about some injustice because a "teenager" was killed because his toy gun was hastingly mistaken for a real one, and that without CCW, that teenager would still be alive today and carrying on his tradition of being a constructive member of society.

I hope the 67 year old recovers well. I wouldn't wish what he had to do and the ouctome on anybody. As justified as it is, that doesn't mean he can carry on like any other normal day.

I can see the news now...Oh My baby...Oh My Baby, he was a precious lil boy.

witler

Eight Pointer
We are all dealt a different hand, Now 66 I had a 3x bypass at 45 and heart attack at 58 now living on enough meds to choke a cow every morning. hats off to all that can keep on keeping on.