Dogs Denning

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Looks like it's denning season again. I've gotten some great pics and videos at this particular site in the last few years. About 5 years ago there was a family of Gray Foxes. Maybe I'll get them back.
The hole is too small for the yotes to get in. Not sure why they are snooping around. Maybe just marking their territory because of the fox scent.

Joe

[video=youtube;t4JUBb1K1Do]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JUBb1K1Do&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Before the area behind my house got built up with houses there were several fox dens that I've seen produce kits every spring. Then the coyotes came in and they'd dig the den hole bigger and take it away from the foxes. I know of two separate incidents of this. Now that there are hardly any woods left the yotes don't come around as much and there is only one pair of foxes still denning in the area.

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Thanks for the compliments!

Then the coyotes came in and they'd dig the den hole bigger and take it away from the foxes.

They can try digging this one out of they want to! It's cement. :) I don't know how deep it goes, but they'll never get the opening bigger than what it is.

Joe