Turkey Fan Mounting Kit - Questions

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Hi folks. For the first turkey fan I mounted, I went completely DIY (DIMyself) and I'll post a series of pictures on that sometime. However, for this one, I decided to go the quick option and buy the pre-made kit. Let me show you some pics of the mounting bracket and somewhat obscure instructions.

You'll see the bracket is poorly made, formed, and cut. The brass plate for the name is poorly cut as well (I don't plan on using it anyway).

Does anyone else have this kit? Is yours the same?

Note the bends, the location and angle of the bends, and the overall angle the bracket has to the rest of the kit (and thus the wall).

I'll probably just make my own bracket and attach it the way I did on my other one.

0312171320a_HDR.jpg0312171319_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Maybe it is just me, but it looks like if you turn it over and put the lower bend at the top of the piece of wood you are attaching it to it should work. Or maybe I'm looking at it all wrong.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I hear you, lasttombstone. There are some pre-drilled holes for attaching the two pieces. If I reverse the bracket, it doesn't fit b/c of the bend. No biggie. Just curious if others have had the same issue.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Sorry that wasn't it. I have always used the fan mount kits but every one I have used had a pre-cutout in the back for the nail/hanger. Good luck with it.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you can make another bracket, straightening that one to work correctly should be a breeze. Looks as if it just got bent out of shape at some point prior to you purchasing it.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I attached a thin strip of plywood to the back running almost the length of the lower piece. Will drill a hole near the top to hang it from. It should hang pretty flat agaist the wall that way.

View attachment 54706