Choke tubes

ka30270

Six Pointer
Does it really make that much difference? I have an 835 and my son a Stoeger 3500 and they both came with a factory "turkey" choke tube and they seem to pattern fine. Is it worth the extra cash for a particular choke tube?

I would say if you were satisfied with the pattern there is no reason to get anything else. Now that might change if you switch ammo. If you are like me you always have to tinker with things.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Yep. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If you like the patterns you're getting, there's no reason to change.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Just make sure your factory choke is approved for your load. I know some can be lead only if you choose something heavier than lead.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
to me it's a never ending wormhole in pursuit of the "best" pattern.

there are so many variables to chase, i get confused.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would seek an objective definition of "fine". Or at least a relative comparison.

A lot of things in life look fine until you compare them side by side and then you realize what's missing.

Start with how many pellets does it put in a 10" circle at 30/40 yards.

You may have a good pattern with those chokes or you may not. How do you know?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Can you get better patterns by shooting better chokes and shells yup is it worth it that is all up to the individual. If your already satisfied with what you got save the cash for gas to go hunting. You can put as much effort into patterning as can imagine from handloading TSS to buying several the HTL brands and not to mention many chokes run 70-100 bucks

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Post up a pic of your pattern and you'll get some good answers.

But generally, aftermarket chokes will out perform factory ones.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Hornaday makes a shell that recommends imp cyl or mod. I've seen it shot with a stock mod. Choke and it patterned awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zombie1978

I have patterned alot of chokes against my factory choke. The factory Remington superfull throughs a nice even tight pattern. But it is only rated for lead.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk