So who is heading to SC Monday?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i cant and wasnt going to SC this year. So far to drive, very expensive liscense, etc.

Then i made the mistake of calling a landowner friend to just make sure i wasnt missing anything. He allows as to how they are everywhere.

So now i just have to go. :)

Who will be hunting next week in SC?

I hope to get there by the weekend.

Last edited:

Randy

Ten Pointer
I would be if I still had a place down here, but my family lost it last year when it was leased to the surrounding hunt club. I'm not inclined to try public land on opening day and or any time the 1st week.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I would be if I still had a place down here, but my family lost it last year when it was leased to the surrounding hunt club. I'm not inclined to try public land on opening day and or any time the 1st week.

i may be wrong but i dont think the public lands open on the 20th?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Good luck hope to see some pics. Public opens April 1st wish I was going but will have kid out that day here

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I will be there on Tuesday through Thursday. I hosted a buddy of mine last year down in Florida and put him on an Osceola so he is hosting me this year. Public land opens April 1st down there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been going to the Upstate for 38 years & have probably harvested 120'ish turkeys down there!

I didn't see many during deer season last fall & am having trouble motivating myself so I may pass this year, even tho my SC license is still good & the lease is paid.:cool:

I'm getting to the age where I just hate to pull those beautiful feathers off a gobbler for a few pounds of meat! :p

Maybe I just becoming a candyazz.:confused:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
wturkey01;181 I'm getting to the age where I just hate to pull those beautiful feathers off a gobbler for a few pounds of meat! :p Maybe I just becoming a candyazz.:confused:[/QUOTE said:
You ain't alone especially the ones been watching since poults or one tussel with for while I've let a many have a walk plus they tend to stop gobbling when you shoot em. I'll still kill em but more selective these days just don't hammer everyone that is in range

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Been going to the Upstate for 38 years & have probably harvested 120'ish turkeys down there!

I didn't see many during deer season last fall & am having trouble motivating myself so I may pass this year, even tho my SC license is still good & the lease is paid.:cool:

I'm getting to the age where I just hate to pull those beautiful feathers off a gobbler for a few pounds of meat! :p

Maybe I just becoming a candyazz.:confused:

hmmm.. in case you need someone to clean yours or help you with an obvious overpopulation issue (killing as many as you have), let me know. :)

Last edited:

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
You ain't alone especially the ones been watching since poults or one tussel with for while I've let a many have a walk plus they tend to stop gobbling when you shoot em. I'll still kill em but more selective these days just don't hammer everyone that is in range
I'm still pretty mad at em.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Randy

Ten Pointer
i may be wrong but i dont think the public lands open on the 20th?

Yep, your right, my bad. I haven't hunted down there since they changed the season dates. I still wouldn't care to hunt the 1st week of when gamelands open (April).

I hope you have great success next week.

deepbreath

Six Pointer
Youth weekend starts tomorrow in sc and me and my son will be going! A little worries about the rain in the morning though :(

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'll be there,,,,,,,,,,hunt the morning,,,,,drive to Weldon to shad fish,,,,,,then to NOVA for work,,,,,,back to turkeys on Thursday,,,,,,,,,,,

work day tomorrow got cancelled so reckon I am heading down to listen some tomorrow AM

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Glad I'm not the only one. People think I'm crazy when I say I passed on one. But i rarely shoot one off my farm. Like to hear them another day.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I will be there, in the Bennettsville area, about the same tree I killed one on last year :)

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
My wife and I are currently reaching far and wide to find somewhere to bust one this weekend. Doubt it will happen though. Good luck to you guys that do make the trip.