Blowfish?

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
Anyone catching blowfish at the coast? I tried to catch the run last year but never heard any reports so we are hoping to catch it this year. They are without a doubt the best eating fish out there!

darenative

Twelve Pointer
They have been catching them off and on in the Buxton/Frisco area for about 3 weeks... when the weather is right.

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
Might have to give them a shot next week. I'm in the Morehead area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Been hit and miss with these weather fronts passing through. When they are in, fishermen have tore them up.

Last edited:

F-V_DuxNBux

Eight Pointer
They have been hit or miss in the MHC area for that last 3-4 weeks. Like Scott said thou, the weather needs to settle down for them to turn on good.

witler

Eight Pointer
Are there any good youtubes or vids on proper cleaning /prep of these fish.

Is blow fish same as puffers?

Trappertod

Six Pointer
Make sure you have plenty of hooks, those boogers will eat them up. Also there is a good video put out by east coast sports online to help in cleaning. Very simple to do and very tasty meat.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Anyone catching blowfish at the coast? I tried to catch the run last year but never heard any reports so we are hoping to catch it this year. They are without a doubt the best eating fish out there!

Fishing report in the local paper says they're catching them down here off Mercer's and Carolina and Kure Beach piers but you know how that goes. They've been known to exaggerate just a bit.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Gonna try in the morning and afternoon tomorrow at surf city pier.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Caught 8 this morning, goin back this evening to get a few more

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Lol couldn't miss the first good weather beach weekend..... granted it's usually after instead of before turkey season