Buckshot choke

klim

Twelve Pointer
Is that a regular size sheet of paper?

Naw..it's bout the size of a speed limit sign. I got it from work. When we have signs come in, it comes between the signs to keep them separate and keeps them from scratching each other.

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
had a patternmaster for my 11-87 but I sold it because my modified shot better. I have a Remington 11-87 premier and it is pretty dang nasty. It is a 3" model with a 26" barrel.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
I tried a few different rounds and tubes and she seems to like 00 in an improved modified choke. A full has a .700 constriction and a mod has a .710 constriction. The IM has a .705 and seems to be the best of both worlds. The one I patterned with was a flush fitting tube but I ordered a Carlson's extended IM ported choke. Shouldn't be much change to the pattern except maybe a tad tighter further out from the extra inch of tube.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I've never shot a deer with buckshot but I've tested it a lot since that's what I use for coyotes in the timber. Anything 0 and smaller patterns well for me out of a full choke, 00 and bigger depended on the load. This was out of a Mossberg 500 with the accu-chokes and Carlsons. My Hornady 00 Critcal Defense loads patterned better with a Mod or ImMod, but Remington 00 shot best out of a full.