Robeson county deer hunting

Guybo

Eight Pointer
There's not many places in Robeson county where there isn't dog hunting. If it's not directly on your land then rest assured it's on every side and all around you. It's always been that way!

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
There's not many places in Robeson county where there isn't dog hunting. If it's not directly on your land then rest assured it's on every side and all around you. It's always been that way!

And likely always will. That crowd isnt much on change or outsiders.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
And likely always will. That crowd isn't much on change or outsiders.

:D:confused: I can remember when there were no deer in Robeson and my family has been there since way before the Revolutionary War. Not sure if I should feel special or insulted. I suppose we are a clannish bunch.

Last edited:

Deerhuntr

Ten Pointer
The deer hunting around Robeson County is hit or miss. I have found that I can tolerate the hunting with hounds it's the tree stand stealing poaching trespassers that I can't stand.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
:D:confused: I can remember when there were no deer in Robeson and my family has been there since way before the Revolutionary War. Not sure if I should feel special or insulted. I suppose we are a clannish bunch.

Certainly wasn't meant to be an insult. I wish it was like Rob county up around my farm.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Certainly wasn't meant to be an insult. I wish it was like Rob county up around my farm.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't, just messing with you because there is a lot of truth in what you've observed. There aren't a lot of large properties in Robco and everyone is pretty protective of what they have. I have first cousins who won't even let me hunt on land that they have inherited which was once my GGGrandfather's so I go to Sampson and Bladen counties to hunt. My brother and I have a few acres adjoining each other but it doesn't hold deer, just the occasional one passing through. Most of them stick to the swamp bottoms and feed out at night in the bean fields. Not much corn is planted around us, just beans and truck crops and mobile homes.

In certain communities poaching and trespassing seem to be a way of life, but before deer moved in back in the late 50's and early 60's pretty much everyone bird and rabbit hunted on everyone else's land and that was OK just because it had pretty much always been that way but now the world has gone deer crazy and folks get protective of their deer properties. The woods aren't maintained for quail any more and so thanks to that and other influences there are no more quail and few bother to rabbit hunt either.

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Some of the guys in Albemarle Hunt club in Scotland county hunt with a dog club in Robeson county sometimes. Robeson looks like good deer country but I hear that it is not.

Last edited:

treestock

Four Pointer
Hit and miss in Rob co. All depends on your neighbors. Mostly if you're from the outside the locals are gonna run all over you still hunter and dog hunter alike. I've hunted some great land in this county also hunted close by tracts not miles from the great land and it looked like a bomb went off no game for miles. Everybody has got their own little tract permission or not and manage the way they want. It's fractionalized

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk