End of the Line 2017

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not a huge pile of fur like some catch but a pretty good run for me. Only skinned about half the coyotes I caught since many of them had rubs and various other defects in their fur that made them worthless for the fur market. Just hope I can recoup some expenses on the ones I am shipping to auction. Going to have the fox, cats, otter, muskrats and a few of the coyotes tanned. The rest will be shipped to NAFA.

Last edited:

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like a heck of a job, congrats.

What kind of prices do these hides normally bring? I have never trapped, so just curious. Nope not about to get in the game.

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Agree with Lasttombstone, a great season. It almost looks to me like you had entirely to much fun. Hope the prices are good for you this year.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
It is hard for me to believe there is enough wild land in Orange County to hold that many animals. But seeing is believing and that is an impressive array of fur.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Oh, there is plenty of fur to be had in Orange Co. but I do not do much trapping there. If we get a fox trapping season that may change but for now I plan to trap Alamance and Caswell, where most of this years catch came from. Even so, I turned as many fox loose in Orange and Durham Co as I caught elsewhere.